Options

Need help/advice on the Wrigley EMEK poster

UmphreysJam34UmphreysJam34 Posts: 780
edited August 2013 in Lost Dogs
I went to the Wrigley show and didn't want to stand in line to get a poster, but was upset when I got home that I didn't have any good memorabilia from the show. But, I was lucky enough to win the EMEK lottery that went on the other day for the poster directly from EMEK. My problem is that the price seems high...$100 shipped. When I looked on eBay it seems like this poster was selling for less. So why wouldn't I just pay less through eBay?

I'm not very knowledgeable about posters so I am looking for some help. Is the poster directly from EMEK different or better in any way? Is one more valuable than the other? Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,058
    I went to the Wrigley show and didn't want to stand in line to get a poster, but was upset when I got home that I didn't have any good memorabilia from the show. But, I was lucky enough to win the EMEK lottery that went on the other day for the poster directly from EMEK. My problem is that the price seems high...$100 shipped. When I looked on eBay it seems like this poster was selling for less. So why wouldn't I just pay less through eBay?

I'm not very knowledgeable about posters so I am looking for some help. Is the poster directly from EMEK different or better in any way? Is one more valuable than the other? Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

If you won the print from Emek, it's a Signed & Numbered (and doodled) from the artist Emek itself. This is extremely rare and he is huge in the poster world so fans of his will pay high $ for his version.

I hope this was of help. Please let me know if you want your $ back and don't want the print!
  • Options
    tinz.tinz. Posts: 2,691
    The poster you bought is signed and numbered of 100, the show ones are not. This makes it more collectible!
    However some people don't care, you could sell yours and buy a show edition!? I'd be interested
    EV~Toronto Night 2 - 2008
    Toronto - 2009
    NYC Night 2 - 2010
    Toronto Night 2 - 2011
    Music Midtown, Atlanta - 2012
    London,ON - 2013
    Wrigley Field, Chicago - 2013
    Buffalo - 2013
    Charlottesville - 2013
    Charlotte - 2013
    Detroit - 2014
    Ottawa - 2016
    Toronto Night 1&2 - 2016
    Wrigley Field 1, Chicago - 2016
    EV~Dana Point CA - 2016
    Wrigley Field 1, Chicago - 2018
  • Options
    greedygreedy Posts: 140
    If you won the lottery through EMEK than the poster will be shipped to you both signed and #ed, these are more rare. The poster istself is the same design from the show.

Congrats on winning the lottery, I'd take it if I was you.

If ineterested, I did stand in that long line in the heat and was lucky enough to get the prints before selling out. I could trade you the show poster and the $$$ difference for the numbered edition.
    Mansfield, MA 1998
    Hartford, CT 1998
    Mansfield, MA 2003
    Boston, MA 2004
    Boston, MA 2010
    Boston, MA 2011 (EV)
    2013 - Wrigley, IL / Worcester, MA (Night 1) / Worcester, MA (Night 2) / Hartford, CT
  • Options
    FrankBauerFrankBauer Posts: 448
    you cant compare APs with 1st generally. look at the cracker jack poster. the AP is fetching far more.

dont forget about the gum with the poster... i think we will see FT: emek gum threads soon...
  • Options

If all you want is an EMEK poster I'd be happy to buy the one you bought (including the gum) from you and give you the show version, which is the same but it's not signed or numbered.