pencils & pens

2»

Comments

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    You lefties think you got it soooo rough.

Try being a god-favoured righty eating at a crowded table beside a leftie to your right. Frick, I can't recall the amount of times my elbow has smashed into a lefties elbow as we attempt to shovel food into our mouths at the same time.

Just go sit somewhere else, weirdo. Geez, man.
    Oh the horror!
    pee-wee-herman.jpg

And your lasagna story? *wipes tear* We love those perfectly-proportioned bites too, y'know!

(and I'll have you know I'm a considerate lefty! I always sit at the left corner or with no one to my left - unless it's a fellow lefty).
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    :shock: :lol::lol:

I am a leftie, but I do hold fork, knife and spoon "correctly". I think it's annoying that you have to look around to find decent scissors, fountain pens and even just a veggie peeler if you are a leftie. If you do, they are most often more expensive than the righty stuff :x And what about the ring notebooks? I often started them upwards and from the back because it was easier ... Being a lefty is good when you have a right-handed partner though. You can hold hands and are still able to use or other hand for something useful :)

And I'm craving lasagna now!
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,648
    Ha! I'm right! (Except when I'm wrong.)
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524

I am a leftie, but I do hold fork, knife and spoon "correctly". I think it's annoying that you have to look around to find decent scissors, fountain pens and even just a veggie peeler if you are a leftie. If you do, they are most often more expensive than the righty stuff :x And what about the ring notebooks? I often started them upwards and from the back because it was easier ... Being a lefty is good when you have a right-handed partner though. You can hold hands and are still able to use or other hand for something useful :)

I don't even know what "correctly" looks like :D Fork in my left hand, knife in my right, no switching out.

And yes! Those notebooks. I often used the backsides of the pages as the front.

(my guy's a lefty too - it works for us :mrgreen: )
  • I'm ambidextrous.
  • SnakeduckSnakeduck Posts: 1,056
    hedonist wrote:

I don't even know what "correctly" looks like :D Fork in my left hand, knife in my right, no switching out.

Afirmative action laws should demand that handshakes between lefties and righties are done the southpaw fashion. It really doesn't work when I extend my left and they extend their right...
  • Snakeduck wrote:
    hedonist wrote:

Afirmative action laws should demand that handshakes between lefties and righties are done the southpaw fashion. It really doesn't work when I extend my left and they extend their right...

Holy crap, man. Give a guy an inch... he takes a mile.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    I'm ambidextrous.
    i can do this to some degree
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • chadwick wrote:
    I'm ambidextrous.

I was forced to, after breaking my dominant hand.
    chadwick wrote:
    I'm ambidextrous.

I was forced to, after breaking my dominant hand.
    in the 50's my dad's parents would tie his left hand down to make him a right hander. it made him ambidextrous

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,798
    chadwick wrote:
    unsung wrote:
    I don't use pencils, as I use blank ink pens, and for me the PaperMate Profile 1.4 Bold owns all.
    s0219887_sc7?$splssku$
    currently these are resting in my pen jar on my desk
    i use multicolored ink for writing my own stuff & sending out letters & cards
    for a cheap trippy sensation, scroll up and down using the scroll wheel on your mouse with this picture
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    I love writing with fountain pens. They somehow make my handwriting look more nicely, I tend to write more orderly. Unfortunately, I don't have one right now. I don't like the regular pens a lot, I need to press too hard on the paper with them. So what I'm using is these ball point thingies. I'm a left hander and I noticed that I sometimes have problems using other people's writing utensils, with right-handed owners in particular. The tip of the pen is shaped by it's use, so when I use a ball point pen that belongs to a rightie, my leftie hand has problems writing smoothly with it.
    http://www.nibs.com/BexleyPensMainpage.htm

the above link is a manufacturer right here in Columbus.

here is a shop specializing in these types of writing instruments.
    http://www.paradisepen.com/
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    I love writing with fountain pens. They somehow make my handwriting look more nicely, I tend to write more orderly. Unfortunately, I don't have one right now. I don't like the regular pens a lot, I need to press too hard on the paper with them. So what I'm using is these ball point thingies. I'm a left hander and I noticed that I sometimes have problems using other people's writing utensils, with right-handed owners in particular. The tip of the pen is shaped by it's use, so when I use a ball point pen that belongs to a rightie, my leftie hand has problems writing smoothly with it.

They have some REALLY nice stuff :o But way out of my price range :oops:

I didn't realise that the US is not using fountain pens as frequently as Germans do. In Germany, kids learn how to write at school with a fountain pen. I always loved it.

My mom has something like this, this is ace... But also way out of my price range...
    280831111_ddc585d3c5_n.jpg It is capless, you can retract the tip like with a regular pen. Pretty cool.
    mickeyrat wrote:

I didn't realise that the US is not using fountain pens as frequently as Germans do. In Germany, kids learn how to write at school with a fountain pen. I always loved it.

My mom has something like this, this is ace... But also way out of my price range...
    280831111_ddc585d3c5_n.jpg It is capless, you can retract the tip like with a regular pen. Pretty cool.
    Mighty fine example of German engineering!!!! Tell Cav Xmas is coming soon!!!

mickeyrat wrote:

see what ebay or amazon has to offer? maybe there are some thrift store type places or antique stores you could hit up?

mickeyrat wrote:

see what ebay or amazon has to offer? maybe there are some thrift store type places or antique stores you could hit up?
    I'm on it 8-):D They are a lot cheaper over here than in Germany. Interesting. I think I might have to drop some bucks for that. Now I'm really really keen on it.
    can't take the fake wooden pencils w/ the bullshit lead or whatever it is made of

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    I love writing in pencil

it feels kinda old-school

I like these

AAAADKrC2zUAAAAAAJamPA.jpg?v=1260348823000
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • oceaninmyeyesoceaninmyeyes Posts: 4,646
    mickeyrat wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    unsung wrote:
    I don't use pencils, as I use blank ink pens, and for me the PaperMate Profile 1.4 Bold owns all.
    s0219887_sc7?$splssku$
    currently these are resting in my pen jar on my desk
    i use multicolored ink for writing my own stuff & sending out letters & cards
    for a cheap trippy sensation, scroll up and down using the scroll wheel on your mouse with this picture
    :crazy: :sick::lol::lol:

I really enjoy the smell of a freshly sharpened pencil myself. And I love a Ticonderoga!
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
    there is a story of a math professor a friend of mine had teach him algebra. this professor would only allow ticonderoga pencils in his classes.

fact

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce