Options

Mike McCready Inspired Me to Write a Book (Out Now - Amazon)

Comments

• Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,011
    Thank you everyone for the kind words and bumps!

Thanks Dimi!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    Update 10/21/13:

NEW! - Back of the book summary for THE BIG HOOT:

Being the starting point guard for state champions, Washington High, is a pretty big deal. For high school freshman, Harper Johnson, it’s beyond that. It’s a new start. All of his life, Harper has been living in his older brother’s shadow on and off the basketball court. With Jordan now off playing college basketball at Georgetown, Harper feels he can finally make a name for himself.

Less than an hour before the opening game of the season, Harper finds a clue that his father, whose name is never even mentioned in his mother’s house, could possibly be living in New Orleans as a street musician. If the upcoming basketball game against Jefferson High wasn’t enough, now the mystery of his estranged father weighs heavily on his mind.

With no other option, Harper knows he must somehow reach New Orleans to search for his father. With the assistance of his best friend, along with a girl who he hopes turns into something more than just a crush, Harper sets out on a journey of a lifetime to reach the Big Easy, but what he finds there is so much more than he could ever imagine.

Thoughts on the new summary?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    LukinFan wrote:
    Update 10/21/13:

Being the starting point guard for state champions, Washington High, is a pretty big deal. For high school freshman, Harper Johnson, it’s beyond that. It’s a new start. All of his life, Harper has been living in his older brother’s shadow on and off the basketball court. With Jordan now off playing college basketball at Georgetown, Harper feels he can finally make a name for himself.

Less than an hour before the opening game of the season, Harper finds a clue that his father, whose name is never even mentioned in his mother’s house, could possibly be living in New Orleans as a street musician. If the upcoming basketball game against Jefferson High wasn’t enough, now the mystery of his estranged father weighs heavily on his mind.

With no other option, Harper knows he must somehow reach New Orleans to search for his father. With the assistance of his best friend, along with a girl who he hopes turns into something more than just a crush, Harper sets out on a journey of a lifetime to reach the Big Easy, but what he finds there is so much more than he could ever imagine.

I think that's a good synopsis!
    about six weeks away now, right?!
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,159
    :mrgreen:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    Update 10/21/13:

I think that's a good synopsis!
    about six weeks away now, right?![/quote

than you! It actually was a lot harder to write than I originally thought. It's hard to write about your writing and not give away the ending!

About 6 more weeks until the ebook - you got it!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    :mrgreen:
    Thanks Dimi!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    8-)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    :corn:
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    Update 11/19/13:

http://amberquill.com/BigHoot.html

NEW! - Back of the book synopsis for THE BIG HOOT:

Being the starting point guard for state champions, Washington High, is a pretty big deal. For high school freshman, Harper Johnson, it’s beyond that. It’s a new start. All of his life, Harper has been living in his older brother Jordan’s shadow on and off the basketball court. With Jordan now off playing college basketball at Georgetown, Harper feels he can finally make a name for himself.

Less than an hour before the opening game of the season, Harper finds a clue that his father, whose name is never even mentioned in his mother’s house, could possibly be living in New Orleans as a street musician. If the upcoming basketball game against Jefferson High wasn’t enough, now the mystery of his estranged father weighs heavily on Harper’s mind.

With no other option, Harper knows he must somehow reach New Orleans to search for his father. With the assistance of his best friend, along with a girl he hopes turns into something more than just a crush, Harper sets out on a journey of a lifetime to reach the Big Easy, but what he finds there is so much more than he could ever imagine...

Teaser:

...The horn sounds just as Coach is finishing his instructions. “Let’s do this. Win on three, win on three,” Coach Ramsey shouts. “One…two…three…”

“Win!” everyone yells, breaking the final huddle of the game.

The fatigue of the game hits me as soon as I stand and break the team huddle. Having played pretty much the entire game, I know it all comes down to this final play. I rest my hands behind my neck and stand up straight, trying to catch my breath. I look around the gym and spot a group of championship banners hanging from the rafters. On two of the most recent ones, down below where it says, STATE CHAMPIONS, it lists everyone’s names on the team that particular year, and I instantly spot the first person listed on both banners—Jordan Johnson. And next to his name on both banners are listed the three magical letters every athlete dreams of being awarded in a championship game—MVP.

I’m not sure if it’s the banners or just the fact I’m physically drained, but looking up at them suddenly makes me feel sick to my stomach. I take a deep breath, just as the horn sounds again, followed by the referee blowing his whistle. He quickly tosses the ball over to Jimmy to put the ball back into play.

Jimmy slaps the ball and everyone on the court begins moving around. He throws a quick pass into me, as I watch the play set up, just as Coach drew it on his clipboard only seconds ago. I get the ball into Shawn’s hands and he immediately passes it over to a closely covered Jimmy in the corner. Panic sets in as Jimmy looks trapped, closely guarded by a Jefferson High player. All he can do is hold the ball as precious time continues to tick off the clock, knowing full well there’s no way he can get off a clean shot before time expires.

I realize now if I don’t do something soon, like get open, the game will end with Washington recording an L in the first game of the season. I notice the Jefferson player guarding me is slightly favoring his left, so I fake like I’m going to my left, but instead cut across the foul line to my right, finding myself wide open under the basket. Almost as if it’s the same play that Coach just drew up, I receive a hard bounce pass from Jimmy.

With ball in hand, I know I don’t have time to look up at the clock. If there’s even one second left, I consider myself lucky. I take the ball up hard, jumping higher than I’ve ever jumped before, going up for the easiest shot in basketball—the one-foot layup. Out of nowhere, a Jefferson player flies in from behind me and attempts to slap the shot away, instantly becoming the game’s hero. Instead, the player smacks my hand just as I release the ball. The final horn sounds with the ball ricocheting off the side of backboard, then bouncing off the edge of the rim, before falling to the ground. The entire Jefferson High bench erupts in celebration as the home fans slowly slide back into their seats in utter shock and disappointment.

A very late whistle by the basketball-shaped referee puts an immediate halt to Jefferson’s celebration. “Foul on number twenty-one, Blue.” The referee runs over to the scorers’ table and adds, “Two shots!”...
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    8-)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    8-)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    New cover! Thoughts?

TheBigHootFinalCover_zpsda1b0ee1.jpg
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    How exciting :corn: Congrats on the progress!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,159
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Thank you both!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    :clap::clap::clap:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    Paulina87Paulina87 Poland Posts: 3,300

:thumbup: :thumbup:
    Chorzów 2007 - Berlin 2009 - Berlin 2010 - Gdynia 2010 - Berlin 2012 - Berlin 2012 - Stockholm 2012 - EV Manchester 2012 - Milan 2014 - Trieste 2014 - Vienna 2014 - Berlin 2014 - Gdynia 2014 - Rio 2018 - Sao Paulo 2018
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,652
    Roger, I like the cover and the synopsis, very cool!
    Tried to pre-order through Amazon, they do not have it on the site yet. Should we purchase directly from your publisher's site?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Tried to pre-order through Amazon, they do not have it on the site yet. Should we purchase directly from your publisher's site?
    It doesn't go onsale until Sunday, 12/1, and that's only for ebook through the publisher's site. For paperback through Amazon, it will be about 2-3 weeks later. I will definitely let everyone know when it's up on paperback and through Amazon. Thank you!!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,652
    LukinFan wrote:
    It doesn't go onsale until Sunday, 12/1, and that's only for ebook through the publisher's site. For paperback through Amazon, it will be about 2-3 weeks later. I will definitely let everyone know when it's up on paperback and through Amazon. Thank you!!

Awesome thanks. I am not an ebook guy, I still love the feel of a book in my hands....once on Amazon I for sure want to order!
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:

Awesome thanks. I am not an ebook guy, I still love the feel of a book in my hands....once on Amazon I for sure want to order!
    I was just talking to my girlfriend about this very thing this weekend. I'm not a big ebook guy either. Thanks again!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    very cool! I'm excited to get a copy! Let us know what the best outlet to purchase a hard copy is for you. :D
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    very cool! I'm excited to get a copy! Let us know what the best outlet to purchase a hard copy is for you. :D
    Thanks Jon! From what the publisher tells me, the cheapest will probably be Amazon because they mark the books down with their own discount. I'll be sure to let everyone know in the next couple of weeks.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    UPDATE 12/1/13:

Do you have a Kindle or Nook? The eBook version of THE BIG HOOT is NOW available! You will be able to purchase the eBook for 35% off the regular price at the Amber Quill Press online store all this week!

Kindle = PRC
    Nook = EPUB or PDF

THE BIG HOOT will be available in paperback mid-Decmeber. More info coming soon.

http://amberquill.com/BigHoot.html
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    Available in HTML, PDF, LIT, Mobi (PRC), and EPUB
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    8-)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    8-)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    Yes! Can't wait to order my copy! :)
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    12/30: The PAPERBACK version of THE BIG HOOT is officially for sale!

You can purchase THE BIG HOOT through Amazon at the link below for $11.25 (10% off the original price), or if you would like a signed copy -- or just do not feel like dealing with online shopping, you can purchase a copy through me for only $10!

Shipping within the US is an extra $5; slightly more overseas. Just send me a PM if you are interested and we will work something out.

You can also still purchase THE BIG HOOT in any eBook format through the Amber Quill Press store at a 40% off discount until the end of January.

Thank you so much to everyone who has already purchased THE BIG HOOT!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1611248485?tag ... gHoot.html
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    I will have on Jan 2nd per Amazon Prime. I got a stack of books for XMas but will look forward to reading this one pretty soon!