Options

Ridiculous

dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
edited July 2013 in Lost Dogs
OMG, I know this will get locked but just saw a listing on ebay for 20 packs of trading cards for $1899.05 :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
1998 - Noblesville
2000 - Noblesville
2010 - Noblesville
2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
2018 - Wrigley
2022 - Nashville, St Louis
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,050
    could all be avoided if they quickly flood the market for all us Faithfull...let it be written let it be done
  • Options
    juddboz80juddboz80 Posts: 2,141
    Before this gets locked......Fuck all you flippin Bitches!!! :D
    Cant buy what i want cause its free....
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,570
    I saw a pair of 10C Vancouver GA tix (pick up day of show) on ebay for something like $1800 each. :fp: I reported it... but later the poster changed the delivery date to August 7th or something - obviously he or she would just inform the buyer of the day-of pick up date after purchase or something. :x Not sure how 10C manages to find 10C sellers like this, but I hope they do.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Indi4enceIndi4ence Posts: 947
    could all be avoided if they quickly flood the market for all us Faithfull...let it be written let it be done

truth
  • Options
    I also like Elwayvedder had to say.
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Easy way to shut that shit down. When you pick up your 10C tics at will call you get either GA wristband or Res wristband snapped on at the window. No trades. You got GA and wanted to switch for Res or vice versa too bad...you got what you got in the lottery. Then people would only get tics for shows they actually will attend. Instead of all the I got extra tics but want to swap for another show crap.
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    PJ51390PJ51390 Atlanta Posts: 728
    PP193448 wrote:
    Easy way to shut that shit down. When you pick up your 10C tics at will call you get either GA wristband or Res wristband snapped on at the window. No trades. You got GA and wanted to switch for Res or vice versa too bad...you got what you got in the lottery. Then people would only get tics for shows they actually will attend. Instead of all the I got extra tics but want to swap for another show crap.

Part of the problem with that is that you are required to buy two tickets. I can't blame someone that has an extra ticket to a show because they MUST buy two tickets. If there was an option to only buy one, there would be less of the ticket swapping.

I like what they did in the 95 tour where they printed your name on the tickets you bought. You had to show your ID to pick up and get in the gate.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,570
    edited July 2013
    PP193448 wrote:
    I would agree, except that I like that members can swap. Maybe names should go on the wristbands, and then checked after they're put on by the buyer at the door... And the buyer's name would be on both wristbands, so their ticket swap buddy would have to enter with them? Then people could still swap 1 for 1 and go together to both shows. I definitely think singles should be sold. I don't understand why they aren't.
    Also, I think you should be able to throw back your tickets if you can't make it to the show and pick up the tickets for some reason. Shit happens. We should be able to contact 10C and tell them to release the tix for another 10C member to buy.
    EDIT - what I said makes no sense... swapping for 2 is good too, so the name check wouldn't work... :fp:
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    One listing is sending a pack for 17.99 shipping. These must be coming from 10C headquarters :lol:
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    One listing is sending a pack for 17.99 shipping. These must be coming from 10C headquarters :lol:

burn :lol:
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    PJCubsPJCubs Posts: 291
    I attended the Soldier Field Show in '95 with someone else's ticket that we purchased via the secondary market. No ID was requested upon entry to Soldier Field.
    If anyone knows a 'Tom Walsh' I still have 'my' ticket stub with 'his' name on it! Of course it will be framed with the Ames Poster from that show but he can come look at it.
    PJ51390 wrote:
    PP193448 wrote:

Part of the problem with that is that you are required to buy two tickets. I can't blame someone that has an extra ticket to a show because they MUST buy two tickets. If there was an option to only buy one, there would be less of the ticket swapping.

I like what they did in the 95 tour where they printed your name on the tickets you bought. You had to show your ID to pick up and get in the gate.
    Soldier Field - 7.11.95
    Chicago - 5.16.06
    Chicago - 8.24.09
    Eddie Vedder @ Chicago Theatre - 6.28.11
    PJ20 - 9.3.11
    Wrigley Field - 7.19 / Pittsburgh - 10.10 / Buffalo - 10.11
    Philadelphia 2 - 10.22 / Portland - 11.29 / Spokane - 11.30
    Amsterdam - 6.16 & 6.17 / Milan - 6.20
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    I agree that singles would be nice to purchase if you only wanted 1 tic, especially GA. Swapping good too. But somehow people buddy up or spouses get extra tics to improve lottery odds, at the cost of decreasing other members odds of getting shows they really want. You should be able to turn your tics in for show you cant make for another clubber who goes to that show and needs tics. Shit happens but not hours after the lottery. The seller still needs to go to the show and get the tics to hand over to the buyer. Fine if swapping Ga for Res or other way. Seems its just out of control and defeats the purpose of the whole lottery system in the first place. Only enter for tics to shows you plan to attend, not for swapping power for other shows. Wrist band thing wouldn't work the way I said.

BTW great that you got to go to the show in 1995. Bet you wouldn't have had to scalp tics for 10 times the face back then.

Scalpers suck ----
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    PJCubsPJCubs Posts: 291
    True Scalpers suck...but they are not going away. No reason to get upset about it I guess is what I am saying.
    The system allows for scalpers just like it allows for multiple 10c memberships. I am not in support of either but I understand that those are variables that I can not control. Just like flipping merchandise...does it suck? Of course. Is it an unfortunately side effect of the system? Yes. Did I wait in line for HOURS at Wrigley on Wednesday, Thursday, AND Friday? Yes. Did I pick up all the merch that I personally wanted? No. Did I pick up extra merch of things I didn't need extra of in hopes of trading for other things? Yes. Just working the system. Am I profiting? Hell no especially considering the time investment.

Sorry for the rant but I just don't see the point of letting yourself get bent all out of shape over things that you can not control.

Peace!

Bob
    PP193448 wrote:
    I agree that singles would be nice to purchase if you only wanted 1 tic, especially GA. Swapping good too. But somehow people buddy up or spouses get extra tics to improve lottery odds, at the cost of decreasing other members odds of getting shows they really want. You should be able to turn your tics in for show you cant make for another clubber who goes to that show and needs tics. Shit happens but not hours after the lottery. The seller still needs to go to the show and get the tics to hand over to the buyer. Fine if swapping Ga for Res or other way. Seems its just out of control and defeats the purpose of the whole lottery system in the first place. Only enter for tics to shows you plan to attend, not for swapping power for other shows. Wrist band thing wouldn't work the way I said.

BTW great that you got to go to the show in 1995. Bet you wouldn't have had to scalp tics for 10 times the face back then.

Scalpers suck ----
    Soldier Field - 7.11.95
    Chicago - 5.16.06
    Chicago - 8.24.09
    Eddie Vedder @ Chicago Theatre - 6.28.11
    PJ20 - 9.3.11
    Wrigley Field - 7.19 / Pittsburgh - 10.10 / Buffalo - 10.11
    Philadelphia 2 - 10.22 / Portland - 11.29 / Spokane - 11.30
    Amsterdam - 6.16 & 6.17 / Milan - 6.20