Options

Will I remain a proud 10c member?

Comments

• Options
    jimbojones1138jimbojones1138 Posts: 3,640
    you are thinking of leaving 10c becuase you didnt score tm tkts during the public onsale? sorry, but thats not 10c's fault. Hey I hate the lottery too, but im under no misconceptions in thinking im guarenteed tkts through tenc. in fact they make it perfectly clear that tkts arent guarenteed. I admit i would be super bummed too
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    Zod wrote:
    Foo Fighters (which I think are similiar in popularity) will tour for two years straight and they can still sell out show everywhere. How bad would there ticket demand be if they only did a 30 show tour every 3 or 4 years.... ouch!

Just from judging the crowd in Atlanta last year the Foo Fighters might not have as crazy fans. When the Foo Fighters played Friday night it was packed you could walk around and enjoy the park. When PJ played Saturday night it was packed nut's to butt's.

Not saying the Foo Fighters are not as great because they are. But maybe your right they tour so much that their fans don't have to rush to a city here or there just to get to see them once every two years.

What I don't get is why not a big tour PJ you're putting out a new album and yet you're not even touring 50% of the country.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    pulling69pulling69 KIAD Posts: 982
    Eraserhead wrote:
    Zod wrote:
    Most of the problems are outside the 10c's control. Most venues of Arena/Stadium size have exclusive contracts with ticketing agencies (ticketmaster, livenation, or maybe regional one). Those ticket agencies have caps on how many tickets they will allow fan clubs to have. TM put a 10% of the venue rule in about 10 years ago. 10c used to get flexibility, but not so much anymore.

So a legit question: What does the venue/TM care if say TC had 100% of all the tickets? They'd still sell out the venues, right?

Because TM/Live Nation/Stub Hub/Scalpers are all in bed together. Live Nation makes tons of money on the resale of tickets.
    "Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
  • Options
    jimbojones1138jimbojones1138 Posts: 3,640
    I was fine getting shut out with the old system, at least I had a chance.
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    PorchRatsPorchRats Albany, NY Posts: 164
    goldzepp wrote:
    Maybe I haven't been a member the longest, maybe I haven't been listening to the band the longest, maybe I haven't been to the most shows, maybe I haven't been a part of the best shows, maybe I don't have the lowest number, maybe I wanted to go to several shows this tour, maybe I long for the PJ concert experience.......

None of it matters because I got a hot unlubrictaed shaft straight up my bum for all shows I tried for. Then I had to sit here like an ass trying to buy tickets on a shithole third party vendors' (which, the band themselves decided to bring to court at one point) website in hopes I would score something.

I got dicked, as I am sure many of you also did.

I'm not livid. I'm not tossing out colorful language or beating me computer into submission. I'm not ready to sell my first born or spare kidney to the highest bidder so I can get some decent seats on Stubhub.

I am disappointed.

I am feeling a bit betrayed by what is referred to as a fan club.

We support you and you failed us.

I am ashamed of you now.

Regretfully Yours,
    10c Member xxxxxxx Whom Will (possibly) NOT be Renewing

Dueces!
    2000: Saratoga
    2003: Albany, Hartford, Camden 1+2,
    2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston 2,
    2008: Mansfield,
    2010 MSG 1+2,
    2011: Alpine Valley 1+2
    2013: Buffalo, Brooklyn 1+2, Philly 1+2, Hartford
  • Options
    reismannreismann Posts: 23
    Why is the band not selling the tix?
    I think a fanclub must give the members the chance to buy tix.PJ should change the selling policy.Why are they selling everytime pairs of tix?
    I think I will not renew my membership!!
    I didn`t get fanclub - tickets the last years when I would go to the shows.
    I sent 10C mails this week that comcasttix and other compannies didn`t work for people outside the US.
    I haven`t got any answer.
    I asked them why can I buy tix from scalpers when 10C only sold tix-No answer.
    10C is a joke!
    It´s the worst fanclub that I know!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    i need a triple espresso after the last comment of our non american friend here..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,243
    reismann wrote:
    Why is the band not selling the tix?
    I think a fanclub must give the members the chance to buy tix.PJ should change the selling policy.Why are they selling everytime pairs of tix?
    I think I will not renew my membership!!
    I didn`t get fanclub - tickets the last years when I would go to the shows.
    I sent 10C mails this week that comcasttix and other compannies didn`t work for people outside the US.
    I haven`t got any answer.
    I asked them why can I buy tix from scalpers when 10C only sold tix-No answer.
    10C is a joke!
    It´s the worst fanclub that I know!

10c can only get so many tickets from the vendors. In North America ticket agencies have monopolies to distribute tickets for all the large venues (ticketmaster and livenation being the larger ones). There really aren't any other venues to play. Ticket Agencies like TM will only allocate so many tickets to fan clubs.

10c can't walk up to ticketmaster and say give me all the tickets. 10c/PJ don't own the venues and they don't control the ticketing for those venues. No artists do. The only diff between PJ and other fan clubs is probably the size.

I don't understand why people think 10c/PJ has this magical leverage that then can access all the tickets in a venue. It's pretty obvious to me that little to no leverage.
  • Options
    KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    Zod wrote:
    I generally blame the band and not the 10c.

Most of the problems are outside the 10c's control. Most venues of Arena/Stadium size have exclusive contracts with ticketing agencies (ticketmaster, livenation, or maybe regional one). Those ticket agencies have caps on how many tickets they will allow fan clubs to have. TM put a 10% of the venue rule in about 10 years ago. 10c used to get flexibility, but not so much anymore.

TM has all the power. You don't like it? play somewhere else? Except there is no where else. PJ barely pulled off that tour in '95 (and it fell apart) using non TM venues. I imagine a number of those venues now have monopoly run box offices.

For me it comes down to PJ not playing enough shows. There's considerable demand to see them live and the tours aren't big enough to alleviate it. You've got fans travelling from everywhere to see the small tours they do.

Foo Fighters (which I think are similiar in popularity) will tour for two years straight and they can still sell out show everywhere. How bad would there ticket demand be if they only did a 30 show tour every 3 or 4 years.... ouch!

I don't think you can really call what the Foos did a two year tour. There was a US tour in 2011, but the rest was either warm up club shows in LA before the record came out, or festival appearances. Europe didn't get a proper tour last time. As far as general public demand goes, they might even be more popular than PJ, cause they've been in the public eye more over the last years.

I just like the comparison of the two because FF fans are always bitching that there's no fanclub...saying how bad they want something like 10c. :lol: And honestly, I agree. As much as I love both bands, I think they cater for different crowds nowadays, and they know - just look at the issue of setlists. Despite tickets and all, I think there being a fanclub provides for a much more closely knit community, which I really like. And it makes it highly unlikely that front row next to me are two girls with their backs turned to the band, taking selfies with their bunny-eared iphone.
  • Options
    ambrasjesambrasjes Posts: 124
    Cosmo wrote:
    When I'm done... no one will know. I will just be gone.
    But, from where I am today... the Fan Club will probably disappear before I leave it.
    Good luck, to y'all.

What he said
    Antwerp/London/Nijmegen/Werchter/Camden2/NewYork2/EVChicago1&2/Chicago1&2/
    Werchter/A'dam1/Werchter/EVA'dam2/EVLondon1/Portland/Spokane/Calgary/Vancouver/
    Seattle

Longtime ghost
  • Options
    ambrasjesambrasjes Posts: 124
    i need a triple espresso after the last comment of our non american friend here..

make that 2... to go please
    Antwerp/London/Nijmegen/Werchter/Camden2/NewYork2/EVChicago1&2/Chicago1&2/
    Werchter/A'dam1/Werchter/EVA'dam2/EVLondon1/Portland/Spokane/Calgary/Vancouver/
    Seattle

Longtime ghost
  • Options
    ambrasjes wrote:

make that 2... to go please
    :):)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    tyson39tyson39 Posts: 1
    Although I am not as upset as this member, I did feel the same dissapointment. I took off work yesterday to try and get Pearl Jam tickets for the Pittsburgh show when they went on sale at 10:00 am. The only results I got from the very beginning looking for two tickets "Best Available" was behind the stage in the 200 level. After rejecting these tickets several times, ticketmaster completely locked me out of their site. Just seemed odd that starting the same time tickets went on sale, the only results period were behind the stage. Although I really want to go, I'm not going to pay double or more for the original ticket price, got higher priorities in life.
  • Options
    teskeincteskeinc Posts: 836
    they could play more shows to ease the demand or play the same setlist with a bigger light show/pyrotechnics then there would be no need to go to more than 1 show :o;):lol:
    1994 : Memphis 1995 : New Orleans 1996 : Seattle
    1998 : St Louis, Birmingham, Knoxville
    2000 : Memphis, Nashville, St Louis
    2003 : Irvine 1+2, Vegas, Bridge School 1+2, Santa Barbara
    2005 : Missoula, Vancouver, Gorge 2006 : LA 1+2, Vegas
    2008 : W Palm Beach, Tampa, Who Rock Honors, EV LA 2
    2009 : LA 1, LA 4, EV 1 Nashville 2011 : EV Long Beach
    2012: EV Vegas 1+2
    2013 LA 1+2 2018 Prague, Wrigley 2
    2020 Phoenix, SD

• Options
    teskeinc wrote:
    they could play more shows to ease the demand or play the same setlist with a bigger light show/pyrotechnics then there would be no need to go to more than 1 show :o;):lol:
    :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
  • Options
    CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    Bye bye!

I don't give a flying f**k! ... if you will remain a 10c member or not. This band is WAY to good for you! WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?

I can't wait for negative people like you to quit ... and leave us alone. I also can't wait for your single/and or album to be released ... so we can all bow down to your greatness.
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • Options
    Mike GossardMike Gossard Posts: 344
    You will be missed.
    Let's see those 2013 dates in the southern states.
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,838
    goldzepp wrote:
    None of it matters because I got a hot unlubrictaed shaft straight up my bum

Did you go to the doctors for that?
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    PJForceofNaturePJForceofNature Posts: 3,087
    tyson39 wrote:
    Although I am not as upset as this member, I did feel the same dissapointment. I took off work yesterday to try and get Pearl Jam tickets for the Pittsburgh show when they went on sale at 10:00 am. The only results I got from the very beginning looking for two tickets "Best Available" was behind the stage in the 200 level. After rejecting these tickets several times, ticketmaster completely locked me out of their site. Just seemed odd that starting the same time tickets went on sale, the only results period were behind the stage. Although I really want to go, I'm not going to pay double or more for the original ticket price, got higher priorities in life.

I had the same experience with Pittsburgh tix yesterday. I tried at 10, only got offered in the 200's behind the stage. After I threw these back several times, TM locked me out of their site too. They finally let me back on late this morning,but by now, it's too late to score any decent tix. :(
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    backseatLover12backseatLover12 Posts: 2,312
    What is wrong with the new system is that people who just joined are able to get GA tix when getting good seats up front was the ENTIRE reason of being a long time member was about. When I get locked out of getting ANY tickets, yet a friend who just signed up 2 weeks ago gets GA to not one, but two shows? Yeah, this relationship With the club is on shaky ground. If they wanted to be fair, give everyone ONE win. No more, no less.

And TM and their sister scalping companies can go suck it. :twisted:
  • Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    goldzepp wrote:
    None of it matters because I got a hot unlubrictaed shaft straight up my bum

Did you go to the doctors for that?

:lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    JB128716JB128716 Posts: 2,064
    Did the OP ever answer the question as to whether or not he will remain a proud 10c member?

I didn't want to read all the pages and kind of want to know the answer.
    92 - Orlando
    03 - Tampa
    08 - Tampa
    12 - DeLuna Fest, EV Orlando 1 & 2, EV Ft Lauderdale 1 & 2
    13 - Wrigley!!! ,Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford, OKC, Seattle
    14 - Leeds, Milton Keynes, St Louis
    16 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 & 2
  • Options
    Waco77Waco77 Posts: 42
    My 10C number is 492,XXX.....I signed up Christmas Eve of last year....I got shut out of 10c tix for this tour....7 months of being a loyal 10clubber down the drain...i am owed good tickets in exchange for my loyalty..I'm not gonna renew at the end of this year.....

Really? Get a grip....just because you're part of a bands fan club doesn't entitle you to shit...unfuckingbelievable....some ppl on here sound like whiny little bitches....anyways, there's a lot of cool ppl on here that actually have a grip on reality and hope to meet them on 10/18 and 10/19....see ya in Brooklyn!
    Philly 10/31/2009, MSG2 05/21/2010, EV NYC 06/21/2011, Philly 09/02/2012
  • Options
    LC49684LC49684 Posts: 19
    Please know that you are not alone in your major disappointment. Many others did not get 10C tickets, including myself. Tons of similar complaints have been posted here.

This is the first time that I have failed to get 10C tix and I have been a member since '99.

Do I like the lottery system? No. It fails to reward long-term loyalty to the fan club and the extra money spent to retain a lower #. Seniority counts only if you're lucky enough to be randomly chosen.

But remember that obtaining PJ 10C tix is a privilege extended to us, not a right.

I've been so spoiled and was convinced I would get them. Had to choke it down.

I was very upset when I was unable to get tix. But after the initial shock, I had to accept it....and start working on Plan B, C, D....all the way to TM :fp:

Was very lucky to score tix and will be happy to be in the house!

We'll be rocking out whether in row A or ZZZZ :D

Love of PJ's music and message shouldn't be dictated by the seats you may or may not get.
  • Options
    LC49684 wrote:
    Please know that you are not alone in your major disappointment. Many others did not get 10C tickets, including myself. Tons of similar complaints have been posted here.

This is the first time that I have failed to get 10C tix and I have been a member since '99.

Do I like the lottery system? No. It fails to reward long-term loyalty to the fan club and the extra money spent to retain a lower #. Seniority counts only if you're lucky enough to be randomly chosen.

But remember that obtaining PJ 10C tix is a privilege extended to us, not a right.

I've been so spoiled and was convinced I would get them. Had to choke it down.

I was very upset when I was unable to get tix. But after the initial shock, I had to accept it....and start working on Plan B, C, D....all the way to TM :fp:

Was very lucky to score tix and will be happy to be in the house!

We'll be rocking out whether in row A or ZZZZ :D

Love of PJ's music and message shouldn't be dictated by the seats you may or may not get.
    thank God some people even they dont like something put logic and realise how things are..

and the last part you wrote is the biggest truth ever...
    much respect to you..it would be an honor to shake your hand one day
  • Options
    ParksyParksy Posts: 1,678
    Everyone needs to chill.

If the OP has a gripe... let him vent.

No need to jump all over him.

He's expressing a negative feeling towards a company and you're insulting him as a person.

I'd feel shitty if I missed on tickets too.
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • Options
    JBiiJBii Lake Spivey Posts: 354
    I'm with ya OP on this. Disappointment sucks. Betrayal sucks. We have been faithful fans 20+ years
    it's not easy to take what has happened to us either. But life goes on and fulfillment and happiness is found elsewhere. We got some great travel planned to see other favorite artists. Making new friends, meeting new fans. Pearl Jam can be replaced when your heart is broken and that is exactly what happened to us.
    That what you fear the most could meet you halfway
  • Options
    sparky_frysparky_fry Posts: 760
    I've just received my annual ten club gift!

Untitled-2.jpg
  • Options
    sparky_fry wrote:
    I've just received my annual ten club gift!

Untitled-2.jpg
    awesome!!i hope it arrives here soon!
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,778
    The personal attacks on fellow members is getting out hand here.

This person has a right to express his disappointment without being slammed by fellow fans.