Options

anyone get chastised for the Reaper tee?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Lizard wrote:
    my sons get mad angry looks from older people when they wears the cross buster shirt.

i use to get glares from that one too. a few times people would actually stop me. i was at macdonalds once and this old man was like youre going to hell for that. at first i was confused cause i never know what shirt i put on in the morning. so i was like huh? once i got caught up i simply told him jesus would forgive me for this shirt and i think he would even understand it. the bible does talking about using images and such... then i left laughing. i worked with alot of born again drunks. i dont argue with people about religion.

"You shall not make for yourself an idol, whether in the form of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth."

hmmm makes the whole crossing wearing thing look alittle different.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    i use to get glares from that one too. a few times people would actually stop me. i was at macdonalds once and this old man was like youre going to hell for that. at first i was confused cause i never know what shirt i put on in the morning. so i was like huh? once i got caught up i simply told him jesus would forgive me for this shirt and i think he would even understand it. the bible does talking about using images and such... then i left laughing. i worked with alot of born again drunks. i dont argue with people about religion.

"You shall not make for yourself an idol, whether in the form of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth."

hmmm makes the whole crossing wearing thing look alittle different.

wow, that's pretty bold of that guy. it really amazes me how people just say mean shit to others.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    I was going to get the reaper but I changed my mind and got the white one with the tree. I like that one alot better. I think the bow and arrow one is terrible though.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    ninfanninfan Posts: 93
    PahkTheCah wrote:
    These are the generally recognized "rules/ regs" of the American Flag. If you're buddy has broken any of them, he's got nothing to bitch about.

* The flag should be lighted at all times, either by sunlight or by an appropriate light source.
    * The flag should be flown in fair weather, unless the flag is designed for inclement weather use.
    * The flag should never be dipped to any person or thing. It is flown upside down only as a distress signal.
    * The flag should not be used for any decoration in general. Bunting of blue, white and red stripes is available for these purposes. The blue stripe of the bunting should be on the top.
    * The flag should never be used for any advertising purpose. It should not be embroidered, printed or otherwise impressed on such articles as cushions, handkerchiefs, napkins, boxes, or anything intended to be discarded after temporary use. Advertising signs should not be attached to the staff or halyard.
    * The flag should not be used as part of a costume or athletic uniform, except that a flag patch may be used on the uniform of military personnel, fireman, policeman and members of patriotic organizations.
    * The flag should never have any mark, insignia, letter, word, number, figure, or drawing of any kind placed on it, or attached to it.
    * The flag should never be used for receiving, holding, carrying, or delivering anything.
    * When the flag is lowered, no part of it should touch the ground or any other object; it should be received by waiting hands and arms. To store the flag it should be folded neatly and ceremoniously.
    * The flag should be cleaned and mended when necessary.
    * When a flag is so worn it is no longer fit to serve as a symbol of our country, it should be destroyed by burning in a dignified manner.

Most of the people who have something to say about the shirt are the same people who break some or most of these rules. Drive around and see how many flags are riped to shredders, dirty or flying at night with no light on it. Yet these people call themselves patriotic. So from where I stand they can go f**k themselves if they they have a problem with the shirt
    "No intelligent idea can gain general acceptance unless some stupidity is mixed in with it." Pessoa
  • Options
    velogatorvelogator Posts: 174
    Being that I live in Arlington VA and work in DC, I get some sideways glances from all the uber-patriot-tourists and gov't workers on the Metro. But no one has said anything to me....yet...

"Hi Marge, we're freaking out squares."

Hey!! I'm a gov't employee here in the DC area and I have that shirt...I don't wear it for casual day though :-)
    Manchester, TN - 2008
    Washington, D.C. - 2008
    Philadelphia, PA I - 2009
    Bristow, VA - 2010
    Baltimore, MD - 2013
    Milwaukee, WI - 2014
    Hampton, VA - 2016
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    I love Brad’s designs, but this particular design crosses to many lines. Say what you want about the current administrations’ decisions, but the American flag represents much more then what has happened in the last seven years.
  • Options
    CobCob Posts: 857
    I thought it was one of the worst concert shirts I've ever seen, not just Pearl Jam concert shirt, but any concert shirt. It reminded me to much of this.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B00004HYKZ/sr=1-1/qid=1218222964/ref=dp_image_0?ie=UTF8&n=5174&s=music&qid=1218222964&sr=1-1
    [img][/img]9/5/92, 11/20/93, 3/14,15/94, 9/16/95, 10/14,15/2000
    4/5,6/9/2003, 9/1/05, 12/7/2005, 7/15,16,18/2006, 8/5/2007
    6/24,25/08,6/27/08,6/28/08,6/30/08
    9/21,22/2009, 10/4/2009
    5/6,7,9/2010, 9/3/2011 9/4/2011, 11/15/2013,
    11/16/2013, 12/8/2013, 10/5/2014, 10/12/2014,
    4/23, 5/10, 5/12, 8/20, 8/22 2016,
    8/8, 8/10, 8/18, 8/20 2018, 5/12, 5/13, 9/20 2022

• Options
    I have this T-shirt but its one of the two tshirts I own that I won't wear to work because I know it might offend some people. The other one I don' wear to work is my orange stone tshirt, just because I think some people would interperate it wrong, even though there is no D on the end.

-Chris
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace.
  • Options
    edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    I wish they just kept it a poster.....

I love my poster, thought the sybolism was incredible. It will always represent this period in history to me.

and yes, to many it is offensive - but a great conversation piece!