Options

Unnumbered Benaroya Hall Vinyl??

P-Town-P-Jam-FanP-Town-P-Jam-Fan Posts: 898
edited September 2013 in The Porch
I see a benny vinyl for sale on everyone's favorite auction site. The odd thing is it is un-numbered....

"This is an unnumbered set of the Ten Club-released vinyl box set of the 2003 Benaroya Hall Pearl Jam concert. These are the same burgundy-colored records, sleeves, poster and box that were part of the hand-numbered release of 2000, but remains unnumbered!"

Wtf?
Gorge
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,359
    There was a small number of unnumbered ones. If you find the Benny hall owners thread, you'll see a couple listed.

Edit: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=179409
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,157
    The numbering was only hand written anyways, so they all started out without numbers. It doesn't suprise me that either:

1) They had a few spares over the 2000 they pressed (maybe test pressings?) or
    2) They didn't bother to number all of them (the ones with low numbers seem harder to find.. given out to friends/family/charities)....
  • Options
    Thanks guys!
    Gorge
  • Options
    PJ88PJ88 Birthplace of the Toll House Cookie Posts: 1,074
    Thanks guys!

Are you bidding? If you are, good luck that is a great price if you can win it for that.
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    mine is unnumbered
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    I was tempted to, but the non-numbered thing kinda scared me off. Ended up selling for $710.00. All stars have to align for me to take the benny plunge....one day. I was going to treat myself since I got shut out of Wrigley Merch ;)
    Gorge
  • Options
    Found this on the pjcollectors website:

"Post by bu$hleaguer » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:04 pm
    The Benaroya LP Promo sets are legitimate items. I have P40 so I know there are at least 40 sets out there. These promo sets are seperate from the limited edition group of 2000. I also have an unnumbered TEST PRESSING that shows " /2000" on the white number box. It is still sealed so I don't know if the vinyl is any different. It came from the company that packaged the box sets. There also have been several sets sold on eBay (most from sellers in Oregon) with the 4 LPs and sleeves only. These are shrinkwrapped together without the box. I'm not sure if these are being resold because the box was damaged or just extra sets that were pressed and somehow got out."
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    Pjzepp67Pjzepp67 Posts: 445
    Has anyone caught the Benny on Amazon for $3000.00...the seller describes it as new, excellent condition and sealed in original shrink-wrap, yet shows it spread out like a $10 whore...wtf... :fp:
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    I have a numbered one that is still in plastic. Forgot I even had it. Heard it might be worth something. Any idea what it's worth? Not that I'd sell it, but if I did what could I get for it?
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    I have sold off 90% of my collection. Outside of the first 5 albums, Binaural and Benaroya are the only albums I have kept.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    Forgot I even had it.

29zvrpt.jpg
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    pjradio wrote:
    mine is unnumbered

Mine to
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,537
    I have a numbered one that is still in plastic. Forgot I even had it. Heard it might be worth something. Any idea what it's worth? Not that I'd sell it, but if I did what could I get for it?
    Seriously?? :? Can you have another look in the back of your closet? Maybe you have a sealed Temple of the Dog that you forgot about and want to get rid of? Or Tragically Hip Day For Night perhaps? :P

Sealed Benny Halls go for around $1100 or so right now I think, give or take? .... I can't believe that unnumbered one went for $710. That little number is worth $400 apparently!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    As even a long time collector, i had one of these in my cart when 10 Club sold them. I was at work (i'm a nurse in a Dublin government hospital), and a patient called me away from the computer...when i got back, someone had x'd off my screen, so i had to start again, and they were sold out!

I can't remember how long after-i'm guessing a few years, maybe? I saw one on eBay. It had no box or poster-it was the four coloured albums in their sleeves and shrink-wrapped in plastic (they could have been shrink-wrapped by the seller though). My first thought was: is it a bootleg? I can no longer remember if i asked the seller, and if i did, what the explanation was for the absence of the poster and box, but i was later informed by another collector that he had an idea on why the box and poster may have been missing: he said that when those sets were numbered, the fan club noted which member got which number. As the rule was: "if you resell this we reserve the right to boot you out of the fanclub", my collector pal said maybe that was why. Superficially, it makes sense...but i think you could eBay it for a lot more if the buyer doesn't rat you out and you don't put the box number on your eBay photo of the item. I still am not 100% sure what the real story is, but it crossed my mind that maybe they pressed a few copies slightly wrong? I have never played mine (not big on that show as a listen-at-home experience, really), but now the subject has come up, i might play all of the records this week and see if i am right. Ireland was still in the throes of gluttony that was termed the "Celtic Tiger", so i had the dough back then, and if it was a bootleg, it wouldn't be a huge deal if i kept to my maximum bid and no more...and it ended up that i did win it. Oh, and the price i payed for the set (WITH sleeves and WITHOUT box and poster?) It was, if memory serves (and my memory often sucks,) but i *think* i got the set for about $170 US (postage to Ireland from the US was quite a bit extra!).

Rands
    My Pearl Jam shows: 1 in 1995, 2 in 1998, 20 in 2003, 13 in 2006, 3 in 2007, 8 in 2008, 5 in 2009, 4 in 2010, 5 in 2012. EV: 8 in 2011, 1 in 2012. Brad: 1 in 1998, 1 in 2002.
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Seriously?? :? Can you have another look in the back of your closet? Maybe you have a sealed Temple of the Dog that you forgot about and want to get rid of? Or Tragically Hip Day For Night perhaps? :P

Sealed Benny Halls go for around $1100 or so right now I think, give or take? .... I can't believe that unnumbered one went for $710. That little number is worth $400 apparently!

It was a Xmas present from my dad and it has been at my parent's house since about 2007. I live about 3,000 miles away. They have all my vinyl. I forgot I had Riot Act, too. I forget these things because #1 I don't have them with me and #2 I have never played them before. But $1100 or so, eh? Wonder if the price will go up soon since the show is almost 10 years old :think:
  • Options
    ^^^ Surprised to hear that 10C said they'd kick people out of the club if they sold their Benny, as though they were treating it like ticket scalping.... They obviously changed their minds on that one!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    It was a Xmas present from my dad and it has been at my parent's house since about 2007. I live about 3,000 miles away. They have all my vinyl. I forgot I had Riot Act, too. I forget these things because #1 I don't have them with me and #2 I have never played them before. But $1100 or so, eh? Wonder if the price will go up soon since the show is almost 10 years old :think:

Prices seem to be falling on it. They were starting to go above $1500 for a sealed copy. Then a number of new copies arrived on the scene (from the 10c event in Seattle last year). I think they sold around 40 copies they were still holding in inventory. It seems to have put downward pressure on prices.

There was a while where you could go for weeks or months without seeing a benaroya listing on ebay. I'm guessing because people put serious effort into collecting them and less and less were circulating. Now there's usually 1 or 2 up on ebay at any given time.

I suppose once these fresh copies start landing in more permanent homes the price might go up again as the opportunity to bid on them becomes less frequent.
  • Options
    Zod wrote:

Prices seem to be falling on it. They were starting to go above $1500 for a sealed copy. Then a number of new copies arrived on the scene (from the 10c event in Seattle last year). I think they sold around 40 copies they were still holding in inventory. It seems to have put downward pressure on prices.

There was a while where you could go for weeks or months without seeing a benaroya listing on ebay. I'm guessing because people put serious effort into collecting them and less and less were circulating. Now there's usually 1 or 2 up on ebay at any given time.

I suppose once these fresh copies start landing in more permanent homes the price might go up again as the opportunity to bid on them becomes less frequent.
    I can't find a single Benny on ebay at the moment... maybe the extras are drained from the market again.
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,231
    $1100 is high end 3 of last 5 were sold in $700s
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    Horse2345 wrote:
    Really? For sealed ones? I've never seen a sealed one go for that cheap (could have just not noticed though, obviously). That seems like a reasonable price for used ones though, not new ones.
  • Options
    I think I bought my unnumbered one from tenclub when they auctioned a bunch of them on ebay for charity right after the tsunami back in the day. pretty sure but not positive.
    if you think what I believe is stupid, bizarre, ridiculous or outrageous.....it's ok, I think I had a brain tumor when I wrote that.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Horse2345 wrote:
    Really? For sealed ones? I've never seen a sealed one go for that cheap (could have just not noticed though, obviously). That seems like a reasonable price for used ones though, not new ones.

I think the one for $1100 was sealed. The non-sealed ones were the one's that went for $700-$800ish.
  • Options
    Zod wrote:

$1500 wow that's nuts. Anyway thanks for the info. Love your username btw, lol.
  • Options
    Well, what if the Benny vinyl is still in its mail packaging?

(Yes, mine is still in the mailer. When I bought it from the 10 Club, I didn't really think that it was anything that special. In that moment, it seemed like buying any other PJ release on vinyl. Since that time, I've obviously noticed what a collectors' item it's become, but never bothered to unwrap it. Photos of it are available online, so I've seen what it looks like. I have the concert on CD/digital, so hearing it has never been an issue. If my student loans ever become unbearable, I may have to unload it, along with my poster collection).
  • Options
    Well, what if the Benny vinyl is still in its mail packaging?

(Yes, mine is still in the mailer. When I bought it from the 10 Club, I didn't really think that it was anything that special. In that moment, it seemed like buying any other PJ release on vinyl. Since that time, I've obviously noticed what a collectors' item it's become, but never bothered to unwrap it. Photos of it are available online, so I've seen what it looks like. I have the concert on CD/digital, so hearing it has never been an issue. If my student loans ever become unbearable, I may have to unload it, along with my poster collection).
    Fuck me. Burning with desire. Damn you Benny Hall, why do you tease me so. :fp: :lol: