Options

*fb photo contest* Thank you all for the support :)

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    juddboz80juddboz80 Posts: 2,141
    Win them tix!!!!!
    Cant buy what i want cause its free....
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347
    juddboz80 wrote:
    Win them tix!!!!!

We try :D :wave:
  • Options
    ogey38ogey38 Posts: 563
    Thanks, we will have a fantastic time, I'm sure of that And no that is not German Seeing that the three people in front of me in that contest are from Brazil, I tried a different approach for the last two contest days, fishing for some Brazilian and Southern American votes, so I google translated my words into Portuguese and Spanish Dunno if it works, but I've been whoring myself out for this anyway, so as we say in German "This doesn't make the cabbage fat."

Have a great Thursday, ogey

So, I am really English-centric, I guess! Regardless, I'd love to go to see the boys in Seattle! Have the bestest time!
    Mid-America Center Council Bluffs, IA - Jun 13, 2003
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011
    Wrigley Field - July 19, 2013
    Lincoln, NE - Oct 9, 2014
    Global Citizen's Festival, NYC - Sept 26, 2015
  • Options
    ogey38 wrote:
    Thanks, we will have a fantastic time, I'm sure of that And no that is not German Seeing that the three people in front of me in that contest are from Brazil, I tried a different approach for the last two contest days, fishing for some Brazilian and Southern American votes, so I google translated my words into Portuguese and Spanish Dunno if it works, but I've been whoring myself out for this anyway, so as we say in German "This doesn't make the cabbage fat."

Have a great Thursday, ogey

So, I am really English-centric, I guess! Regardless, I'd love to go to see the boys in Seattle! Have the bestest time!

Thank you! Funny how I do enjoy summer, but wish for fall and winter to come this year :lol::mrgreen: I truly still cannot believe this is going to happen. I'm STOKED!
  • Options
    ogey38ogey38 Posts: 563
    Thank you! Funny how I do enjoy summer, but wish for fall and winter to come this year I truly still cannot believe this is going to happen. I'm STOKED!

Well, winter sucks in Nebraska...but, you have something to look forward to!!! YAY!
    Mid-America Center Council Bluffs, IA - Jun 13, 2003
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011
    Wrigley Field - July 19, 2013
    Lincoln, NE - Oct 9, 2014
    Global Citizen's Festival, NYC - Sept 26, 2015
  • Options
    ogey38 wrote:
    Thank you! Funny how I do enjoy summer, but wish for fall and winter to come this year I truly still cannot believe this is going to happen. I'm STOKED!

Well, winter sucks in Nebraska...but, you have something to look forward to!!! YAY!

Winters in Michigan are long and cold too, but at least we can ride snowmobiles :D YAY! And winter isn't here yet anyway ;)

For thread integrity ... We have reached more than 500, you people are amazing :clap: Let's see how far we can get till after tomorrow!
  • Options
    And I give this another tender loving bump :mrgreen:

It ends on August 2nd, you can still vote :wave:

Thank you all for your support!
  • Options
    So today is the last day of the contest. We made it to 518 votes, which is impressive. At this point, the leading people are way out of our reach, but I just wanted to thank everybody who joined and clicked for us :) Without your support, we wouldn't have gotten that far, and we are, if I'm not mistaken, in fourth position with a long time nobody behind us.

It's not closed yet, I will give my last vote in a couple of hours if that is still possible...

We will make it to Seattle with our precious TM tickets, and maybe see some of you there.

Thanks for playing along :wave:

(Oh, and I'm glad Cav doesn't have to shave his head now :mrgreen: )
  • Options
    KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    ogey38 wrote:
    Congratulations you guys! Hope it's everything you imagine! Seattle sounds fabulous! And the last post from Leese... I don't speak German, but I'm imagining it's more begging to her German-speaking friends! LOL! Rock on!

Thanks, we will have a fantastic time, I'm sure of that :D And no that is not German :lol: Seeing that the three people in front of me in that contest are from Brazil, I tried a different approach for the last two contest days, fishing for some Brazilian and Southern American votes, so I google translated my words into Portuguese and Spanish ;) Dunno if it works, but I've been whoring myself out for this anyway, so as we say in German "This doesn't make the cabbage fat." :mrgreen:

Have a great Thursday, ogey :wave:

this doesn't make the cabbage fat...hahaha, love it! :lol::lol:

will vote again today..how does someone get 1400 votes?! :o
  • Options
    Kathi wrote:
    ogey38 wrote:
    Congratulations you guys! Hope it's everything you imagine! Seattle sounds fabulous! And the last post from Leese... I don't speak German, but I'm imagining it's more begging to her German-speaking friends! LOL! Rock on!

Thanks, we will have a fantastic time, I'm sure of that :D And no that is not German :lol: Seeing that the three people in front of me in that contest are from Brazil, I tried a different approach for the last two contest days, fishing for some Brazilian and Southern American votes, so I google translated my words into Portuguese and Spanish ;) Dunno if it works, but I've been whoring myself out for this anyway, so as we say in German "This doesn't make the cabbage fat." :mrgreen:

Have a great Thursday, ogey :wave:

this doesn't make the cabbage fat...hahaha, love it! :lol::lol:

will vote again today..how does someone get 1400 votes?! :o

Thank you :thumbup: I don't know how people got this ginormous amount of votes in such a short time. Maybe having a fb friendlist with thousands of people pays off in a thing like that... I dunno. I did everything I could, and I'm a little proud we got so many votes :) I think the 5th person after us has 100-something, so we are in the leading group. However it was not enough. So I am very happy that I have such a sneaky husband who made it possible that we can go to Seattle nevertheless.
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,243
    If I was on FB, I would have voted as much as possible. It's great that you are going regardless of the contest! Yay! :D
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    SD48277 wrote:
    If I was on FB, I would have voted as much as possible. It's great that you are going regardless of the contest! Yay! :D

Thank you :D The contest was a good experience even if we don't win the first prize. We won nevertheless, cause it made us realize that we can make a show like this happen for us and also how much PJ fans support each other. If there's a will, there's a way. All is good and we are truly excited for December :D Well, and you never know, maybe they have a consolation prize for the "losers" ...
  • Options
    kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    They should reward you guys regardless ... tattoos are not nearly as interesting as your story!
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    kw18 wrote:
    They should reward you guys regardless ... tattoos are not nearly as interesting as your story!

:D I think so too :lol::lol: I guess that won't happen. But that's okay. I think this contest was really not about the story or the quality of the photo. It was purely a facebook mobilise-your-friends thing. But like I said, nevertheless a very interesting experience. And our reward will be the Seattle show! We wouldn't have decided to pull the plunge and go there if it wasn't for the contest.
  • Options
    Friday afternoon bump! The contest ends tonight at midnight Seattle time. You can still up our vote count :mrgreen:

Thanks and have a great weekend :wave:
  • Options
    dustinparduedustinpardue Las Vegas, NV Posts: 1,829
    You are probably beating me. I only have 20. Good luck!
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • Options
    You are probably beating me. I only have 20. Good luck!

We have 529 right now, but hey - we are in one boat ;) I guess at this point nobody can really beat the Brazil girl ...

Thanks and have a great weekend and maybe you catch a couple more votes too :wave:

By the way, I'm just starting to think about this now ... Do you think the pic with the most votes wins all of that? Or just the tickets, and then the second most wins the dinner and the third one the hotel? :think:
  • Options
    Hey folks :wave:

So, just to close this ... The girl from Brazil won. We would have needed about 1000 more votes to "catch" her. I'm happy that we participated, but I'm also happy it is over. Social media campaigning can be a pain in the ass :lol: It looks like I didn't lose any of my facebook friends, and we are going to see PJ in Seattle, so lots of good things came out of that :D

I just want to say thank you again to everybody who voted for our picture. We ended up in 4th position with about 550 votes. The next person after us had like 150 votes, so we did really, really good.

I hope I get to meet some of our supporters in person at the fall shows. We will be at Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Philly 1 + 2 and Seattle.

Thanks again and enjoy the rest of the summer. Fall is closer than you might think :mrgreen: :wave:
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,202

So, just to close this ... The girl from Brazil won. We would have needed about 1000 more votes to "catch" her. I'm happy that we participated, but I'm also happy it is over. Social media campaigning can be a pain in the ass :lol: It looks like I didn't lose any of my facebook friends, and we are going to see PJ in Seattle, so lots of good things came out of that :D

I just want to say thank you again to everybody who voted for our picture. We ended up in 4th position with about 550 votes. The next person after us had like 150 votes, so we did really, really good.

I hope I get to meet some of our supporters in person at the fall shows. We will be at Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Philly 1 + 2 and Seattle.

Thanks again and enjoy the rest of the summer. Fall is closer than you might think :mrgreen: :wave:

4th? you dropped a place? Least you still get to see them in Seattle :D
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options

4th? you dropped a place? Least you still get to see them in Seattle :D

Nay, we've been in 4th since pretty much we lost the lead.

I wonder where the tickets are located :think:
  • Options
    kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909

See you in Seattle! :D
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."