Options

Hey PJ, WTF is this brain-dead policy?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    Guy next to me at Camden1 had binoculars.
    Those lists are bullshit. It's basically what you can get away with. It all depends on who you get. Anyone in the fronts of the lines at Camden2 probably saw what we saw. The staff was JUST THEN getting taught how to frisk and do bag searches. Shouldn't that have been done when they were hired? Or at some orientation PRIOR to the shows?
    It's all a load of crap.
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    mc eschermc escher Posts: 6
    Alot of bands don't allow "hard" or blunt objects because there are so many people packed into an area and if someone gets upset they could throw them or hit someone with them and it could get pretty ugly...(no blankets is a lil confusing but I am sure there is ajustification) The chances of it happening are slim but I think you all would agree crazier and worse things have unfortunatly happened at a PJ concert so any and all precautions are pretty justified.

best
  • Options
    ndv180ndv180 Posts: 80
    mc escher wrote:
    Alot of bands don't allow "hard" or blunt objects because there are so many people packed into an area and if someone gets upset they could throw them or hit someone with them and it could get pretty ugly...(no blankets is a lil confusing but I am sure there is ajustification) The chances of it happening are slim but I think you all would agree crazier and worse things have unfortunatly happened at a PJ concert so any and all precautions are pretty justified.

best

The whole policy feels really Republican to me. I think the band had an obligation to get the word out on this policy before it was implemented. I don't think there was any effort at all to do so until complaints were heard.

MC ESCHER - Are you familiar with Mott The Hoople's first album?
  • Options
    sunlesssunless Posts: 83
    that sucks, but your comment about naming the band in the lawsuit is ridiculous

ditto that. Some people . . . Would your lawsuit be blaming them for not keeping your eyes open for you?
    Ask, I'm an ear
  • Options
    LongRoadLongRoad Posts: 421
    I posted about the same problem HERE

Looks like the policy was added on 5/27 3 hours AFTER I was told they were not allowed. See it HERE

There still has been no real explanation and I don't really expect to get one.
    I'll just sneak them in like I did last time.
  • Options
    whatever the band's reason is, they said "no binoculars"....enough already. This thread should die....I'm killing it.
    Hold on to the thread.....
  • Options
    bmarsh10bmarsh10 Posts: 168
    leave your binoculars at home you nerd.
  • Options
    LongRoadLongRoad Posts: 421
    bmarsh10 wrote:
    leave your binoculars at home you nerd.

No
  • Options
    ringo_l17ringo_l17 Posts: 62
    Look, I'm sick and tired of you crazy kids swinging your binoculars about at shows; Doing your freaky binocular dances.

One day, you'll have somebodies' eye out - and it wont be funny then, will it?
    Well.... will it?
    You've had a hard time? I've been here five years, they only hung me the right way up yesterday.
  • Options
    smartass1235smartass1235 Posts: 136
    These are my binoculars. The one on top, not the one with the compass:
    http://www.steiner-binoculars.com/binoculars/marine/392.html

I am an avid boater. They originally retailed at US $1299 but I got them for $750. They are unbelievable. There are no adjustments. Just put them over your eyes. The little rubber cups fit over your eyes and the field of view is amazing. They pick up light at night. You can see things at night. I took them to Robert Plant at the Greek Theatre. My seats were far back but with these things, it was like watching a DVD. To the guy who commented about not caring whether or not you see, the bootleg program might be a nice cheap alternative to buying concert tickets. For me, and I think I speak for most people, the ability to see the performers is a requirement at a concert. My number is 6 digit beginning with 25. At Irvine, 03, my 10c seats were far back and these Binoculars made a huge difference. I was planning to bring these. I can't sneak them in. I could say I was Johnny "Wadd" Holmes and stick them in my pants but everybody knows he's dead.

This, to me seems very arbitrary. I can't think of a reason for the policy. I am really curious why; what the reasoning is behind it. Maybe then, I'll understand.

I can think of about a thousand things i would do with $750 then buy binoculars.
    4-30-03
    7-06-03
    7-11-03
    9-28-04
    9-29-04
    5-13-06
    6-03-06
    6-27-08
  • Options
    ringo_l17ringo_l17 Posts: 62
    I can think of about a thousand things i would do with $750 then buy binoculars.

I find that very hard to believe.....
    Name 5....
    You've had a hard time? I've been here five years, they only hung me the right way up yesterday.