Told My Wife to Take a Hike -- UPDATE (Done!)

2»

Comments

• dankinddankind Posts: 20,835
    Bump for my old lady.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Let's hear it for the girl. Bump.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    With a lot of help from the good folks here and elsewhere, Kathy surpassed her original (and admittedly low) fundraising goal of $2,000. She just updated her page today to thank everyone and raised her goal to $3,000. She put it this way: "Because, why not?"
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    dankind wrote:
    With a lot of help from the good folks here and elsewhere, Kathy surpassed her original (and admittedly low) fundraising goal of $2,000. She just updated her page today to thank everyone and raised her goal to $3,000. She put it this way: "Because, why not?"
    OK that's awesome!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    dankind wrote:

Great news! :thumbup:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    dankind wrote:

:thumbup:
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    appreciation bump

1095074_10200431874064778_985740357_n.jpg
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    Thanks for the bumps, BD, JP and Bathy (glad to see you got your stickers).

Kathy is killing it! After a very generous donation from her parents, she is just $200-some-odd away from her fundraising goal, and we've still got over a month before she takes her walk.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Bump for my better half.

Her walk is getting close, and she's almost at her fundraising goal -- thanks to a lot of you fine folks!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Kathy walks tomorrow. Thanks to everyone for their support.

If you haven't taken a look at her fundraising page yet, here it is. She has surpassed both her fundraising goals, a lot of it due to some very generous folks from this forum.

If you care to share the link on your social media pages or to sponsor her, there's still time to do so.

Awareness is key. PSC flies under the radar, which hurts its funding for research, etc.

I think she's going to take some pictures of her walk and post them to flickr or something. I'll share them here as well.

The weather looks like it will be on her side.

Finally, remember, organ donations do save lives.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • TalonTeddTalonTedd Toronto Posts: 835
    I just wanted to wish Kate, Dan and the kids all the best from My wife Evelina, our two boys and myself for your fundraiser tomorrow and the journey ever after. Kate's courageous story and efforts to help others with finding treatments and a cure (while raising the kids) immediately made me think of the song, Force of Nature.

Today, while I harvest some crops from our family garden Ill be thinking of you; especially when force of Nature make it way onto my earphones. Looking forward to seeing your pics. I know for sure you'll complete the walk...You have been training as hard as an Olympian. LOL..

Understand she's a Force of Nature...One man stands on the edge of the ocean...a beacon...awaiting for her to come home...love can keep us safe...All the strength...resolving.
    I remember when, yeah. I swore I knew everything, oh yeah.
  • Good luck to her and to all of you.
  • TalonTeddTalonTedd Toronto Posts: 835
    BUMP for Kathy
    I remember when, yeah. I swore I knew everything, oh yeah.
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    dankind wrote:
    Kathy walks tomorrow. Thanks to everyone for their support.

If you haven't taken a look at her fundraising page yet, here it is. She has surpassed both her fundraising goals, a lot of it due to some very generous folks from this forum.

If you care to share the link on your social media pages or to sponsor her, there's still time to do so.

Awareness is key. PSC flies under the radar, which hurts its funding for research, etc.

I think she's going to take some pictures of her walk and post them to flickr or something. I'll share them here as well.

The weather looks like it will be on her side.

Finally, remember, organ donations do save lives.
    Good luck to Kathy, dankind. I hope the medical community is able to help her and others like her.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Wow Sept 7th came fast.....I'll be thinking of her tomorrow......
    Thanks from us for all your encouragement.

I think she said she's doing Instagram for the pictures. Her friend is coming over tonight to teach her how to use it or whatever social media platform she chooses. I'll keep y'all updated. Should be fun!

Maybe I'll post one of me getting steamrolled by our three-year-old daughter and nine-month-old son while Kathy is out gallivanting around town.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Instagram, it is. Link = http://instagram.com/kmp2ci.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    It looks like she's made it to Prospect Park so far: http://instagram.com/p/d9ipsTq1lv/.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch: http://instagram.com/p/d9iBOVMRlj/
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    dankind wrote:
    It looks like she's made it to Prospect Park so far: http://instagram.com/p/d9ipsTq1lv/.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch: http://instagram.com/p/d9iBOVMRlj/

Thinking of your wife today and wishing her the best. That last picture made me laugh out loud.
    All done! Home now. Thanks again, everyone!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Cheers to you both and congratulations to her!

This community fucking rocks :)
    She's didn't get to take her Battery to Cloisters walk before we moved from Brooklyn, but I think she'll still try to do it next summer or maybe one up here. (She is doing a 5K on Sunday to raise awareness about pediatric epilepsy.)

At any rate, I didn't want to start a new thread, so I'm bumping this one to once again thank all who donated and bumped, and to report that Mike Ditka has joined the fight (http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2015/10/01/ditka-helping-effort-to-cure-liver-disease-that-killed-walter-payton). Any awareness raised about this disease is a good thing. It's rareness keeps it lower on the list for research funding to find a cure.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    I think the dates on this thread are wrong. No way it was 2 years ago. NO. WAY.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    My husband (and his siblings) has PKD, plus cysts on the liver. Not the same but oh how I can relate to the goddammit what can I DO feeling, and being willing to trade anything if able to rid someone you love of their pain.

Thanks for bumping this, dankind; it's so worthy. Good thoughts that your wife, your family, are doing well.

And go Ditka!

By the way, the original link doesn't seem to work anymore; I hope that's a good thing for you both :)