Options

07-19-2013 Wrigley Setlist Thread

Comments

• Options
    Indi4enceIndi4ence Posts: 949
    The Akkus wrote:
    watching people leave makes me want to throw up. I wanted to be there so bad.. Ed would personally have to tell me the show was cancelled in a hand written letter, written in australian goat semen and indonesian boar blood to get me to leave.
    That's amazing
  • Options
    Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,012
    if they play a full show after this, I will be amazed. NUTS!

its midnight there already, no?

11PM local time.
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,522

11pm
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,776
    SS170824 wrote:
    Jason Aldean soundcheck, they may have to slightly re-configure the seating arrangement, supplies (drinks, food, merch, etc) has to be re-stocked, bathrooms have to be cleaned, etc.
    #### Jason Aldean, make them deal with it, Pearl Jam are legends and he's a scrub

They can do a side-by-side concert ala Billy Joel and Elton John.

I hope everyone is okay with Aldean covering Evenflow.

Willie Nelson did a nice version of Just Breathe...it could happen. :lol:
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Mudfest wrote:
    I have 5 vodka invested into this thread so they better come back on !!!

7 'dos equis' here, kinda drunk now... they better come back and make as happy
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,212

Yeah I don't see how they can now. It'll be so hard to get the momentum going again too.
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,659
    man...

i went out to a friend's house this evening for dinner and drinks purposefully to not subject myself to song-by-song updates from this thread of the show I missed...

checking in now, and seeing what has unfolded...

i feel so bad for so many friends... many of whom traveled a long way to be at this show.... no jokes... this just plain sucks for so many.

i hope the band still gets to put on a full set, but at this point i would imagine that many have left for the evening, not wanting to endure more waiting....

a similar thing happened to me a lolla last year, and i pray it doesn't happen again this year, or for any outdoor show anywhere...

here's a cheers hoping the boys get to make the best of this situation for everyone waiting....
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    JC8074JC8074 Posts: 127
    This is the legendary Lightning Bolt Show!!!! Was meant to be! Where PJ and fans faced the tyrannical side of nature unscathed!
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    edited July 2013
    Users browsing this forum: 1vs5, Jeans, PJMosquito, SavageJuggler, _annie_, Aero83_, alphawolf, AmherstJammer, antelope, B Robinette, B-Rock, BA268830, backandforth, BB24919, bellosjam, Better Dan, BettrMan21, blueandwhite, bosshogg18, Brendo71, CantKeepmedown, ccjack, Cheo Ramirez, CitizenRick, CJ260717, coery, Cooter, crazybootsie, csblackb, Danimal_Fweeka, DE4173, deserteddotse, DevonPearl, DewieCox, Disco Portland, Do the Evolution69, Dr.Brainwave, dreamsinred, drew42e, DriftingByTheStorm, DRIVET, Drop1The0Leash, drsflyd83, Echoes 001, ed72, Edrock78, EdsonNascimento, electronblue, EVolutionbaby, F5, Fighting Hellfish, Foo4Everlong, gecko, gibbits, Given2Fly-Fish, gndcd402, Goatboy, Google [Bot], gusnliz, Gyven2Fly, Hawk123, Holtzmn, Hubmann2513, Indi4ence, ItIsAllAboutPJ, javis el errante, jbwolves87, JC8074, Jeremy's Spokesman, Jerome230, jh275312, JM12271, jonprice34, juddboz80, juliefer, keenanite, kenshunt, KK67764, KM78948, lampshade27, LG_PJ, livefree, Lizard, LM184543, London Bridge, long road walker, Longueuil, lpeddle, mackman, Maxwell North, MH347, Mike D88, momofglynn, morello, Mortality, MU274338, Mudfest, mw176447, mwmorrison, mynameisgraham, nails r bit off, NewJPage, nippleholic, nycmale, Otkoboson, Pearl James, PeterED, photogirlliz, PJ Stole My Wallet, PJ-BR, PJ2k3, PJ_ROCKS, PJFAN13, PJForceofNature, ragejoe, restlesssoul, RiotZact, rockchalkefc, rustyr, Sandro Ribeiro 7691, sarafungal, scott_27, scratched vinyl, Shawshank, shellsbells, shep, ShimmyMommy, shpride, sk8nshoot1, Slickslicka, smarchee, Smellyman, Spoken, SpokenJeremy, spryguy09, SS170824, stevezep, stickman, StoneGarden, strummers, superfuzz30, supersonicyears, The Akkus, The Nothingman, TheGhost, todd-o, tonifig8, Tremorman, Trudstar, Umiko, Vedderman51, vedderoffdead, vito, WashmyLUV, wmanimal, wolkenlos and 553 guests
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    AmherstJammerAmherstJammer Amherst, Massachusetts Posts: 1,510
    Which song is the opposite of Low Light? It will be perfect at 5am.
  • Options
    smarchee wrote:
    DE4173 wrote:
    Drinking game: One drink for every pedicab spotted.

haha for sure

haha, i've had too much wine already... every time one goes by and rings it's bell i giggle... :P
    "Music for me is one of the more healing art forms. I think anybody can put on a pair of headphones and put in a disk or play a record and have it change them." - Jeff

Viva la vinyl.

PJ - 10/4/96, 9/4/98, 8/4/00, 8/6/00, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 10/6/04, 6/17/08, 6/22/08, 10/31/09, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/29/13, 10/30/13

Ed Solo - 7/8/11 (shook Eddie's hand!)
  • Options
    Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books USA Posts: 2,672
    Maybe some Scalpers can pitch in and help with the Fine!
  • Options

hard sun
  • Options
    ItIsAllAboutPJItIsAllAboutPJ S.B., CA Posts: 829
    Looks all clear after this passes :D
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,660
    i hope everyone gets a full show. i hope they play til 2 or 3 am and have a story to tell people for the rest of their lives.
  • Options
    Mr DerpMr Derp Posts: 319
    Cops rollin up?
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    This thread has been better than the show.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    shep wrote:
    man...

i went out to a friend's house this evening for dinner and drinks purposefully to not subject myself to song-by-song updates from this thread of the show I missed...

checking in now, and seeing what has unfolded...

i feel so bad for so many friends... many of whom traveled a long way to be at this show.... no jokes... this just plain sucks for so many.

i hope the band still gets to put on a full set, but at this point i would imagine that many have left for the evening, not wanting to endure more waiting....

a similar thing happened to me a lolla last year, and i pray it doesn't happen again this year, or for any outdoor show anywhere...

here's a cheers hoping the boys get to make the best of this situation for everyone waiting....

yep feel shitty for a lot of good people there

endure my friends, endure !!!
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    cifrancgx wrote:
    From the PJ Twitter...

"We have been advised to wait until a second weather cell passes. We intend to provide you w/ a full show tonight."
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    MudfestMudfest Posts: 1,025
    Mudfest wrote:

More beer will make you happy .

Here's to alcohol: the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.. Homer
    ===
    "OH Canada...You are so Beautiful when you are Drunk." Eddie
    1993-08-14 Gimli Mb Motorsport Park
    03-05-30 Vanc;05-09-08 Wpg
    05-09-07 Sask Sk;05-09-04 Calg
    05-09-05 Edm Alb;05-09-02 Vanc
    06-07-02/ 03 Denver 1 + 2;06-10-21/22 Bridge 1 +2
    4/3 + 4/2/08 Vanc Vedder ; 6/24+25 MSG /Toronto 09/buffalo 10/EV Chic 1-2
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    edited July 2013
    Did that John Raynolds dude tweeted anything else about us?

I'll catch up later...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    Smellyman wrote:
    Unfortunately this may go down as the biggest flop in the band's history if the weather doesn't clear really soon :(

a weather related cancelation would not be a flop at all.

not their doing whatsoever
    Totally understood. But this was one of the most hyped shows in the band's history. People traveled there from all over the world. This was to be THE Pearl Jam event. If they only get to play a handful of songs and everyone has to go back to their hotel rooms feeling unfulfilled that's a flop. It's not fair, but that's human nature. :(

I pray to the Gods it doesn't go down that way. I hope our boys play till 2 in the morning at it goes down as one of the greatest shows ever, but I'm just being realistic
  • Options
    StoneGardenStoneGarden Posts: 270
    Time to get on stage... Cover... Thunderstruck... drop the mic and walk off stage... cue lights, party is over

:corn:
    07-19-'13 Chicago (TY EarthCam) @ 10♣
    07-16-'13 London (TY Dave)
    09-07-'11 Montreal
    09-04-'11 PJ20 In My Tree (TY Gary) @ 10♣
    09-03-'11 PJ20 In My Tree (TY Gary) @ 10♣
    05-09-'06 Toronto
    10-01-'96 Buffalo
  • Options
    smarchee wrote:
    DE4173 wrote:
    Drinking game: One drink for every pedicab spotted.

haha for sure

haha, i've had too much wine already... every time one goes by and rings it's bell i giggle... :P

haha did you catch that last one

fun stuff
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    SS170824SS170824 Posts: 40

All Those Yesterdays?
  • Options
    ItIsAllAboutPJItIsAllAboutPJ S.B., CA Posts: 829
    Mudfest wrote:
    Mudfest wrote:

More beer will make you happy .

Here's to alcohol: the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.. Homer
    best quote ever!!!! :lol:
  • Options
    livefreelivefree Norwood, CO Posts: 25
    This exact thing happened in Telluride, CO with Widespread Panic. Big storm. Lots of lightning. Show cancelled. They played the next day starting at 4:30p.m. and played for six hours straight. Un-be-fuckin-leave-able!! Maybe we'll fly to Chicago tomorrow..... :D
  • Options
    Did that John Raynolds dude tweeted anything else about us?

I'll catch up later...

who was that dude anyways
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    Cheo RamirezCheo Ramirez Posts: 676
    pj twitter stated waiting for second strorm cell pass and then a full show

sounds epic
    Santiago I 2005
    Santiago II 2005
    West Palm Beach 2008
    Alpine Valley PJ20 I 2011
    Alpine Valley PJ 20 II 2011
    Santiago 2011
    Lima 2011
    Buenos Aires 2013
    Brooklyn I 2013
    Brooklyn II 2013
    Santiago 2015
    Bogota 2015
    Ft Lauderdale 2016
    Miami 2016
    Rio de Janeiro 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,618
    yeah. even if they get a "full show" of 20 songs plus the 7 from earlier, the show has been pretty much clocked. It sucks. All momentum from earlier is long gone. As a fan Id get groggy. It'll be exciting when the first take the stage, but the fan enthusiasm from earlier will likely not be matched. I wonder how many people really left for keeps.

I feel bad for the fans there. And really bad for the band. You know they are gripping about this.

what happens if the show ended after 7 songs? Are there refunds? Stubhub refunds? Or is it an official show?