Options

Wrigley cards to trade

Hopped UpHopped Up Posts: 223
edited July 2013 in Lost Dogs
I bought some packs of the trading cards at Wrigley and have 20 duplicate cards and 3 duplicate stickers to trade for 20 cards that I need and the 3 stickers I'm missing. I imagine this won't happen for a week or two until people get home and open their packs (yes, these should be opened and looked at, not just put on ebay for $25 a pack!). Someone should come up with a numbering system since trading by describing the picture will be a challenge (and I don't know which ones I need since I haven't seen them all). They don't have numbers so it's a bit of a challenge. But there are 10 of each guy. I have the following extras:

Stickers (need Stone, Matt and Jeff)
1 extra of Mike, Eddie and Boom

Cards (need 2 Eddie, 2 Mike, 6 Matt, 2 Stone, 5 Jeff, and 3 Boom)
Extras are:
Mike: With baseball bat (2), leaning over with mohawk (1)
Eddie: Holding b/w guitar to the sky (1), Mexican wrestling mask (1), leaning back mid-vocal (1)
Matt: All black outfit, sticks at knees, drum on puzzle side (3)
Stone: Baseball bat and PJ hat (1), Black shirt, golden guitar, looking down (1)
Jeff: Mid-leap, horizontal card (2), looking down, black t-shirt, blue shoes (1)
Boom: Hang loose (1), Baseball bat (1), Yelling/moaning with organ over half of card (1), sitting and playing (1), standing with hand on hip side profile (1), looking out from behind organ (1)

Hopefully someone comes up with a proper numbering system, but once people open their packs I'm open to do some trading.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,890
    Is there some sort of checklist available like regular baseball cards?
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    I guess you need the one card that shows the complete puzzle, and then you can number them left to right, each row....(Cards 1-6 would be the top row, 7-12 row 2 and so forth.)

Yea someone needs to get a check list and then we can work it out. Im all for this :D
  • Options
    Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,809
    there is no checklist :(

I did pretty good with my 5 packs. Only 12 duplicates, 2 duplicate stickers :) I wouldnt recommend anyone get the box, unless they want it as a keepsake. You will definitely get the set in much less than 48 packs.

I am going to get 5 more packs tomorrow, then see where I stand and start trading!

How many cards are their per band member? I am guessing 10 as I see the puzzle is 10x6, so the 61st card is the "George Webb".

EDIT: Anyone in Chicago wanna meet up and trade some cards?! (half joking, but mostly serious as I revert to 7th grade me!)
  • Options
    there is no checklist :(

I did pretty good with my 5 packs. Only 12 duplicates, 2 duplicate stickers :) I wouldnt recommend anyone get the box, unless they want it as a keepsake. You will definitely get the set in much less than 48 packs.

I am going to get 5 more packs tomorrow, then see where I stand and start trading!

How many cards are their per band member? I am guessing 10 as I see the puzzle is 10x6, so the 61st card is the "George Webb".

EDIT: Anyone in Chicago wanna meet up and trade some cards?! (half joking, but mostly serious as I revert to 7th grade me!)

I'll probably be down for some trading and live in Chicago. Going to pick up a few more packs tomorrow since I'm 20 short of the puzzle after buying 6 packs (40 good, 20 duplicates, don't really need George Webb but would be cool to have). Each guy has his own row in the puzzle. If no one else does, I'll put together an ordered list for each row to facilitate trading. Never used Instagram before, so some of the sides are cutoff, but here's an image of the puzzle I've got so far and the cards flipped over to show the band. Haven't been this excited about trading cards since my last baseball set in the late 80's.

http://instagram.com/p/b5NxtUu4ct/

http://instagram.com/p/b5Nr_yO4cg/
  • Options
    jimbojones1138jimbojones1138 Posts: 3,640
    if anyone has any unopened packs id be willing to trade a mccready 2013 bobblehead
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    [quote="clark_porter@hotmail.com"}http://instagram.com/p/b6YFFeRVth/[/quote]

Nice. Dammit, I gotta head back today and get more packs so I can get a complete puzzle. Too impatient to wait for trading!
  • Options
    jeff2040jeff2040 Des Moines, IA Posts: 1,588
    if anyone has any unopened packs id be willing to trade a mccready 2013 bobblehead

PM sent
    Sometimes you find yourself
    Having to put all your faith
    In no faith
  • Options
    jimbojones1138jimbojones1138 Posts: 3,640
    jeff2040 wrote:

PM sent

:D

pm sent right back!
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    Waited for an hour today and was still an hour from front of line. Ran out of posters by 1:30 and trading cards, but then had 4 more boxes they were selling 2 packs at a time.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,717
    bump
  • Options
    Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,809
    Hopped Up wrote:
    Waited for an hour today and was still an hour from front of line. Ran out of posters by 1:30 and trading cards, but then had 4 more boxes they were selling 2 packs at a time.

damn. so they arent selling the boxes anymore?

I guess I shouldve gotten more than 5 packs on Wednesday
  • Options
    BlredyellowBlredyellow Posts: 843
    Hopped up: PM sent. Email's <!-- e --><a href="mailto:100pacer@gmail.com">100pacer@gmail.com</a><!-- e --> Have nine cards to trade.
  • Options
    amw101282amw101282 Wisconsin Posts: 185
    i have xtras of the jeff & stone stickers if you still have the eddie & mike ones. as for other doubles i have a matt one in blue lighting. and a boom one where he's pointing up. got some xtra stone and jeff two. not sure what ya still r looking for.
    {Alpine Valley '03/United Center '06/Summerfest '06 (Both Nights!!)/Alpine Valley '11 (PJ20) (Both Nights!!)/Wrigley Field '13}

"a truant finds home, and a wish to hold on too, he saw the trapdoor in the sun, immortality" PLEASE SUPPORT CCFA!!!