Options

Completely Shut out of Lottery Tix? Commiserate HERE.

Comments

• Options
    KA58601KA58601 Posts: 22
    13 year member here (#198xxx). I selected only Pittsburgh, the closest show to my home (about 2hrs away). No dice. The tickets are my motivating factor for renewing year after year. With that access gone now, I'm scratching my head as to why I would keep throwing money at this thing. The cool stickers? This system does not reward dedicated fans. Unless they change it, I won't be renewing.
    08/16/92, 03/22/94, 10/01/96, 08/26/98, 08/21/00, 09/05/00, 10/07/00, 04/25/03, 04/26/03, 06/24/03, 10/02/04, 05/20/06, 06/23/06, 05/09/10, 10/11/13, 10/16/2014
  • Options
    4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,218
    sorry to say it but the biggest issue is pearl jam is just a lazy band. they dont play enough shows. 2 New York area shows in 3 years? Of course tix will be impossible. And NY is an area they play alot. If they got a little motivated and played more concerts tix would become easier. I understand they have families and lives outside of music but cmon figure something out. play 4 shows then take off a week, or two.

I am lucky that I love Phish, a band I know that every summer will be coming through my area and will be playing multiple shows that i can attend . and then come Winter they will be back giving me another chance to see them. because of this everyone gets a chance to see them and tix become easier

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    edited July 2013
    yosi wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:
    I think it is a terrible method. I dont want to go to multiple shows. However if I whiffed on 1, I would have liked the opportunity for another and so on... not commit to 3 or more choices. If no a, then b type of thing.

I also think this system awards those who create multiple accounts and possibly brokers.
    People also have more ability to buddy up and strategize with possible multiple memberships or "borrowed" memberships for additional entry.

I did score tix. However I do not like this method

The system also benefits people who can go to more shows. Because, like you said, only the people who could potential go to 8 shows can try for 8 shows. However, if there are 8 shows near me (in the NE), but I can only afford to go to two shows, what am I supposed to do?

this way enhances that. I f5ed with a friend and we were in communication so one of us can drop the tickets if we both scored. I saw a few times yesterday people exclaiming things like they scored x and and their wife scored x and z.
    People can also be inclined to create multiple digital accounts to double, triple, quadruple their chances.

Edit: meant to quote the person who mentioned buddying up gor f5
    Post edited by MayDay10 on
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    4Powers20 wrote:
    sorry to say it but the biggest issue is pearl jam is just a lazy band. they dont play enough shows. 2 New York area shows in 3 years? Of course tix will be impossible. And NY is an area they play alot. If they got a little motivated and played more concerts tix would become easier. I understand they have families and lives outside of music but cmon figure something out. play 4 shows then take off a week, or two.

I am lucky that I love Phish, a band I know that every summer will be coming through my area and will be playing multiple shows that i can attend . and then come Winter they will be back giving me another chance to see them. because of this everyone gets a chance to see them and tix become easier

Haha, i just went to my first Phish show up at Spac...what an experience! I'm a Panic fan but PJ has been my first love since 1992. I have to say, this PJ ticket business is for the birds. I agree. The demand is too high because they play such few shows. But lazy? They are not a touring band like Phish, Panic and DMB. Totally different animals. Makes for a shit show at ticket time true. I wish they would play more, but they don't and I don't see it changing in the future. Sucks too. But alas, I have Panic coming in October too so I'm pretty happy with seeing PJ once or twice. Dare I say I maybe outgrowing all the bullshit?
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    mylomylo Posts: 35
    I was super excited when i saw that they were playing Buffalo again, put my name in only to be sadly informed by my wife that we have a wedding in Buffalo that same night. There was no way I was getting out of it. Figured Pittsburgh the night before would be great, a lot of driving but it was the only other show not 6-7 hours away. Got shut out on that one. Very disappointed. I guess I'll be fighting with everyone else on ticketmaster.
  • Options
    rival9500rival9500 Posts: 543
    rival9500 wrote:
    I expect to be banned for my earlier comments. I hope not but I am okay with it if I am. I really am happy for those of you who got tickets. Congrats to you. I am very bitter and upset at how this was handled. It isn't fair for people to get multiple shows and I get 0. Again I spent thousands and I have the right to feel this way. If this is it, I had a good ride up until recently. Best of luck to all of you and have a great tour and great life.

you know there is the general sale on Saturday right?

Yes of course I do. Not the point.
    1998: Pitt
    2000: Pitt
    2003: Pitt, State College, Columbus,DC, Hershey
    2004: Reading, Toledo, DC
    2005: Pitt
    2006: Cleve, Camden 1+2, DC, Pitt, Cinci
    2008: Camden 1+2, DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Columbus
    2012: Philly
    2013: Pitt, NYC 1+2
  • Options
    4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,218
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    4Powers20 wrote:

Haha, i just went to my first Phish show up at Spac...what an experience! I'm a Panic fan but PJ has been my first love since 1992. I have to say, this PJ ticket business is for the birds. I agree. The demand is too high because they play such few shows. But lazy? They are not a touring band like Phish, Panic and DMB. Totally different animals. Makes for a shit show at ticket time true. I wish they would play more, but they don't and I don't see it changing in the future. Sucks too. But alas, I have Panic coming in October too so I'm pretty happy with seeing PJ once or twice. Dare I say I maybe outgrowing all the bullshit?

At this point Phish isnt even really a touring band. they do a summer tour and then usually a handful of shows nov/dec and then a New Years run. When they use to play 100-150 shows a year they were a touring band (like umphreys mcgee does now) . 16 shows last year? 22 the year before? 20 the year before that?? Unfortunately lazy is the best word. They dont have to play 150 shows a year, but how about 40 spread out over 10 weeks? Would 42 weeks a year at home without having to really work be enough time off??

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• Options
    skinnylegsskinnylegs Posts: 112
    Yes, I feel the need to rant. I've been in the club for 20 years. My # is 39,XXX and I was shut out for my hometown. Seems completely unfair that I get screwed just because I live in NY. 20 years translates to that I am a full on grown-up with grown-up responsibilities and I can't be travelling all over the country to see this band.
    I'm feeling more than a little disgruntled. There needs to be some sort of hometown priority!
    "Those who dance are called insane by people who don't hear the music."
  • Options
    Kanye EastKanye East Posts: 781
    Heres what i dont understand. I put philly 2 reserved as my #1 choice and lost. Someone else had that same selection as their 9th choice, yes 9th choice, and they won. This lottery makes ZERO sense.

I had a friend put in for 7 shows and he got 1. Ridiculous.
    DC-9/24/96
    Philly-8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/3/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16
    Jones Beach-8/25/00
    PSU-5/3/03
    Irvine-6/2/03
    San Diego-6/5/03
    Hershey-7/12/03
    Reading-10/1/04
    The Gorge-9/1/05
    Vancouver-9/2/05
    AC-9/30/05
    E. Rutherford, NJ-6/1/06,6/3/06
    Bonnaroo-6/14/08
    VA Beach-6/17/08
    MSG-5/20/10,5/21/10
    Baltimore 10/27/13
  • Options
    I actually like this new ticket lottery way. I am having a hard time however coming to terms with the fact that I've seen photos of people who have won all 6 or 8 of their entries obviously all for different shows, yet some of us (myself included) lost every single entry. Some get all and some get none???
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,847
    Pre-sales handled via Ticketmaster.

Problem solved.
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    I'm contemplating using the money for my 10C membership to buy actual lotto tickets in hopes that I can afford to pay the inflated Stub Hub prices for tickets.

:fp:
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,077
    Several factors with this system will drive demand:

-Adding a GA pit at each show means someone who joined a month ago has a chance at great tickets. Much more likely for someone to buy a new membership and toss their name in the hat.
    -A one week window to enter a lottery means more opportunities for someone to try for tickets versus having to be in front of a computer at a designated on-sale time.
    -A lottery in general will foster additional accounts (friends, family, significant others). Much easier for those folks to be signed up and enter a lottery versus having to try at a designated on-sale time.

For those who are a fan of the new system, while you're gaining in convenience, you are giving up some on the odds of getting tickets at all. I thought the priority system would mitigate this somewhat, but unfortunately not.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    Got shut out of both Brooklyn shows. Not shocked about that. Oh well.
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    Hurricane wrote:
    The system is way better than the disappointment of having tickets in your shopping cart and then unable to pay for it because you timed out. The last five years have been awful.

10 years. And if you knew how to play the system, it worked. In all the years they had the F5 world, I only ever got shut out of 1 show...and it happened to be the one I had a friend use my account for me because I was on vacation and needed help. In this system I have now got shut out of 3 shows (I got Worcester GA which is great, don't get me wrong).

I guess my problem with this system is that it left too much to chance, and the window to get in orders was open so long that it let people not only coordinate with friends, but also possibly enter for more shows than they truly wanted tickets for. This system, simply, does not work. While I am extremely happy that it got me tickets to 1 show, I am now resigned to the fact that I have to use Ticketbastard onsale dates for the other shows I want tickets for, which means scalping shithead sites will eat up all of the good seats, before they go on sale, and I will be stuck with shitty seats. Don't get me wrong: I have said, and maintained for years, that just being at the show is great. And I mean that. So maybe it's a little contradictory of me to complain about it. But for those 3 shows, I will not be sitting near people I have seen on tour for the past decade and gotten to know. I am not guaranteed to sit next to hardcore fans who love the music as much as I do. This changes everything.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    In theory I can set up digital accounts for my wife and son when I know they will tour and because those member numbers will be low I.... I mean they will go for ga seats while my account with a decent number will go the safer reserved route. If we get double or triple tickets, fear not... ill hook up my cronies.

I need to have more kids for ticket benefits
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,647
    pjl44 wrote:
    For those who are a fan of the new system, while you're gaining in convenience, you are giving up some on the odds of getting tickets at all. I thought the priority system would mitigate this somewhat, but unfortunately not.

This x 1000

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    Kanye EastKanye East Posts: 781
    MayDay10 wrote:
    In theory I can set up digital accounts for my wife and son when I know they will tour and because those member numbers will be low I.... I mean they will go for ga seats while my account with a decent number will go the safer reserved route. If we get double or triple tickets, fear not... ill hook up my cronies.

Smart move
    DC-9/24/96
    Philly-8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/3/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16
    Jones Beach-8/25/00
    PSU-5/3/03
    Irvine-6/2/03
    San Diego-6/5/03
    Hershey-7/12/03
    Reading-10/1/04
    The Gorge-9/1/05
    Vancouver-9/2/05
    AC-9/30/05
    E. Rutherford, NJ-6/1/06,6/3/06
    Bonnaroo-6/14/08
    VA Beach-6/17/08
    MSG-5/20/10,5/21/10
    Baltimore 10/27/13
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Joey EakinsJoey Eakins Posts: 663
    MayDay10 wrote:

This is basically how me and my girlfriend handled it. She has a really bad number and I have been in since 1997. I chose reserved seats for Dallas and OKC and won, and she chose GA for OKC and won. We got the most out of both accounts.
  • Options
    OthneilOthneil Posts: 31
    0 for 6. 10c 167XXX.

Really tough when they

A) Skip your hometown (Denver) for the 7th straight year
    B) Play a limited tour
    C) Go to a lottery system that gives some fans multiple shows and shuts other out

The sun rose this morning...but I really feel that PJ just told me that this tour is NOT FOR YOU.

Yes, yes, I know that lesser tickets will go on sale through PJs favorite corporation ticketbastard. Get in line with the masses, my 15 years of loyalty means nothing now.

So sorry to the folks who were really geeked for the shows and got shut as well. I feel your pain.
  • Options
    Kanye East wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:

Smart move

imagine that along with one or more "ticket buddies". You can do a ton of damage. You can concentrate on one show primarily... or diversify. Can also gain easy entry into multiple nights in the same city.
    And then imagine a bunch of others, as well as scalpers with the same idea.
    suddenly john q 10 club member's odds got decimated
  • Options
    jedi42jedi42 Posts: 2
    Buddy 1
    Worcester - Reserved - shutout
    - GA - Shutout
    Buddy 2
    Worcester - Reserved - shutout.

I didn't have the coin to put in for tickets this time around but I'm utterly disgusted that we lost out on both attempts. What's the point of paying $40 for a membership that used to get me advanced tickets to the show?
  • Options
    jo mamajo mama Posts: 26
    I simply can't justify giving any more of my money to this club. Its just not worth it anymore. Too much dissapointment, too much anxiety and not enough service. Thanks but no thanks.
  • Options
    cmm6734cmm6734 Houston, TX Posts: 569
    Why don't people understand that it is a LOTTERY? It is random! Everyone has the same opportunity, a 20 year member and a 1 year member have the same shot at tickets. Your seniority means nothing, unless you won reserved seats.

The problem is that they offered GA and reserved. Your odds of winning multiple shows drastically reduce when you select both for the same show. You have to play the odds and hope they work in your favor. Stop being so bitter and go for the public on sale. The 10c owes you nothing. If you don't like it, then cancel your membership.

End rant.
    40+ shows, it is never enough!
  • Options
    jo mamajo mama Posts: 26
    cmm6734 wrote:
    Why don't people understand that it is a LOTTERY? It is random! Everyone has the same opportunity, a 20 year member and a 1 year member have the same shot at tickets. Your seniority means nothing, unless you won reserved seats.

The problem is that they offered GA and reserved. Your odds of winning multiple shows drastically reduce when you select both for the same show. You have to play the odds and hope they work in your favor. Stop being so bitter and go for the public on sale. The 10c owes you nothing. If you don't like it, then cancel your membership.

End rant.

No they do owe me something. I have given them a lot of money over the years. They owe me a better system that works. I am not paying them for the iternet fan club newsletter I can tell you that. I am paying them year in and year out to get tickets to the shows they play in my hometown once every 3 years!!
  • Options
    GO20360GO20360 Posts: 21
    Member # 158xxx

Shut out of Brooklyn and Philly. Won Wrigley, so I can't be too miserable. I am not sure of the fairest way. I just feel like I should get one of the 2 nights in brooklyn being a Ten Club member since 1997.

The Ten Club is great, but I feel pretty shitty right now.
  • Options
    GO20360GO20360 Posts: 21
    So someone who joined last week should have as good of a shot as me who has been in since 1997? Not sure its fair. Again, its WAY better than most bands treat their fans, but I can't say this is the best way. Maybe they can do it in terms of years you've been a member.

Maybe I should have more chances at the tix based on the fact that I have been a member since 1997. For every year, you should get a pick. So for example I would have 16 chances to get picked for a show and someone in since 2010 would have 3. This seems to be the better way.

Thoughts?
  • Options
    snipes824snipes824 Posts: 870
    Got shut out both nights of Brooklyn. Tough pill to swallow when you see other folks winning 2 and 3 shows, but it is what it is.
  • Options
    ctsufer31ctsufer31 Boston, MA Posts: 33
    Member number #111***

I have been with 10c since 1995. Through most of the systems set up by 10c, (mail and internet), I was always able to see the band for every tour. This time was very different. I selected Worcester reserved (1st) and Hartford reserved (2nd) and I didn't get anything. When I read through the various threads to see many other people get multiple shows and I end up with nothing, I can't help to feel angry at 10c. The lottery selection is great for preventing ticket brokers from getting a large number of tickets but it ends up hurting long time 10c members. If ticket brokers was the issue with the old system, then 10c should have adopted a system like Thom Yorke of Radiohead placed for the Atoms for Peace tour.
    1.Purchasers were allow to only one pair of tickets for each show.
    2. Purchasers had to pick up tickets on the day of the show (on or after 6:30pm).
    3. The purchaser (credit card holder) had to pick up the tickets.
    4. Upon ticket pick up, the purchaser and guest must immediately enter the venue.

If any of you long time members:
    1. Have been shut out of fan club tickets
    1. Do not like the new system
    We should make our complaints be heard by 10c. We should band together and petition 10c with our concerns and possible solutions.

Seriously, this is not acceptable.
    Pearl Jam
    Hartford 10-02-1996, Hartford 09-13-1998, Mansfield 08-29-2000, Albany 04-29-2003, Mansfield 07-02-2003, NYC 07-09-2003, Boston 09-28-2004, Toronto 09-19-2005, Albany 05-12-2006, Boston 05-25-2006, E. Rutherford 06-03-2006, Hartford 06-27-2008, Mansfield 06-28-2008, Mansfield 06-30-2008, Boston 05-17-2010, Toronto 09-11-2011, Worcester 10-15-2013, Worcester 10-16-2013, Quebec City 05-05-2016
    Eddie Vedder
    Boston 08-01-2008, Providence 06-15-2011, Boston 06-16-2011
    Tres Mts.
    Boston 03-27-2011