Options

Completely Shut out of Lottery Tix? Commiserate HERE.

Comments

• Options
    The Camaros HoodThe Camaros Hood Boston, MA Posts: 440
    You salty mofos are aware that the majority of all tix for all shows have a general on sale? Clearly this thread is for the younger fans who haven't dealt with disappointment in everyday life. Brats.
    Austin, TX - 9/16/95 ~ Charleston, SC - 10/5/96 ~ Dallas, TX - 7/5/98 ~ San Antonio, TX - 4/5/03 ~ Denver, CO - 7/2/06 ~ EV - LA #2 - 4/13/08 ~ Austin, TX - 10/4/09 ~ Los Angeles, CA #1 - 11/23/13 ~ Los Angeles, CA #2 - 11/24/13 ~ Seattle, WA - 12/6/13 ~ NYC #1 - 5/1/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 8/5/16 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 8/7/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 9/2/18 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 9/4/18 ~ Louisville, KY - 9/17/22 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #1 - 9/13/23 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #2 - 9/15/23 ~ Austin, Texas #1 - 9/18/23 ~ Austin, Texas #2 - 9/19/23
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    I think it is a terrible method. I dont want to go to multiple shows. However if I whiffed on 1, I would have liked the opportunity for another and so on... not commit to 3 or more choices. If no a, then b type of thing.

I also think this system awards those who create multiple accounts and possibly brokers.
    People also have more ability to buddy up and strategize with possible multiple memberships or "borrowed" memberships for additional entry.

I did score tix. However I do not like this method
  • Options
    BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,344
    Hurricane wrote:
    The system is way better than the disappointment of having tickets in your shopping cart and then unable to pay for it because you timed out. The last five years have been awful.

'Completely agree. Best of luck to 10C members trying to secure tickets through the public sales. Long live the personal-time respecting lottery. Enjoy the future shows and music.
  • Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,165
    Only tried Seattle, it was the only show I could justify traveling across the country for, since I've got a good friend there that I could stay with and bring to the show. Figured that was going to be tough, so I'm not too surprised I got shut out. :(

Hard to be too upset though, since I'll be seeing them on Friday!!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    dolly rockerdolly rocker Long Beach NY Posts: 345
    edited July 2013
    sorry guys i put in all reserved seats number 130xxx.... and won 4 of 4.. brooklyn 2 nights , hartford and philly 22nd on the top 4 choices 1 through 4 and won all 4... sorry all but fuck ga,, i believe reserved was way to go.. but i might be luckiest of all......enjoy all
    Post edited by dolly rocker on
  • Options
    TH4888TH4888 Posts: 7
    I don't get it but I also don't mean to sound ungrateful. But I have been a member of the ten club since 1996. I have seen every show played in LA and San Diego since then, all through the fan club. It's funny, I remember filling out a paper and pencil order form and mailing it I to the ten club with a stamp. Every time my very high expectations were met even to the point of surprise and shock. Today was different. Call me spoiled but today the ten club for the first time acted as an obstacle rather than a facilitator for tenclub ticket ordering. Today I was told that I would not be allowed to see my favorite band with the fan club surrounding me. For the first time ever I would be told that I would be enjoying all of my favorite songs next to the guy that is there with his girlfriend to only hear evenflow and alive that is if I can even get tix through ticketmaster.... Thats right ticketmaster.

After 18 years this might be the last year I'm in the ten club I'm sad to say. 90% of the reason I'm in it is to get to see my old friends (the band) play these songs to me and my fellow faithful fan club followers. While pearl jam will never know what they have done for me and they don't consider me an old friend like I do them, I will be sad to see my membership end because of some lottery. The good news is that I will at least have the peace of mind to know that I'll have enough self respect to not let an old friend put me in a lottery to see them.

I know this is a business and I'm okay with it ....they sell freaking stickman dog collars to tenclub members for vying out loud!! but why would you want to even risk disappointing the guy who has spent much hard earned money on that business during the most important cycle that business goes through? Did you hear Eddie started a surf clothing co?? Wtf? Lol. I love the new song a lot... I'm out of the fan club though. Bye everyone! What's the point of keeping it up if you can't get the tix you want? Peace Ed, Jeff, stone, mike, and Matt. Love you guys I really do... Always will!!!!!!
  • Options
    TH4888TH4888 Posts: 7
    You salty mofos are aware that the majority of all tix for all shows have a general on sale? Clearly this thread is for the younger fans who haven't dealt with disappointment in everyday life. Brats.

That's the point dumbass. It never used to be that way.

Signed
    -O.G.
  • Options
    The Camaros HoodThe Camaros Hood Boston, MA Posts: 440
    TH4888 wrote:

That's the point dumbass. It never used to be that way.

Signed
    -O.G.

Yeah, I'm aware. I remember '96 getting my SC tix the old way but times change. And to openly complain about it and blame the band or mods or whomever for your wishes not being fulfilled is just armature.
    Austin, TX - 9/16/95 ~ Charleston, SC - 10/5/96 ~ Dallas, TX - 7/5/98 ~ San Antonio, TX - 4/5/03 ~ Denver, CO - 7/2/06 ~ EV - LA #2 - 4/13/08 ~ Austin, TX - 10/4/09 ~ Los Angeles, CA #1 - 11/23/13 ~ Los Angeles, CA #2 - 11/24/13 ~ Seattle, WA - 12/6/13 ~ NYC #1 - 5/1/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 8/5/16 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 8/7/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 9/2/18 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 9/4/18 ~ Louisville, KY - 9/17/22 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #1 - 9/13/23 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #2 - 9/15/23 ~ Austin, Texas #1 - 9/18/23 ~ Austin, Texas #2 - 9/19/23
  • Options
    sorry guys i put in all reserved seats number 130xxx.... and won 4 of 4.. brooklyn 2 nights , hartford and philly 22nd on the top 4 choices 1 through 4 and won all 4... sorry all but fuck ga,, i believe reserved was way to go.. but i might be luckiest of all......enjoy all

You didn't get Brooklyn both nights buddy. Not allowed under this format.
    I gather speed . . . Great Western Forum - Jul 13, 1998; Great Western Forum - Jul 14, 1998; Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Irvine - Jun 02, 2003; Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Irvine - Jun 03, 2003; Tweeter Center - Jul 11, 2003; Santa Barbara County Bowl - Oct 28, 2003; Gorge Amphitheatre - Sep 01, 2005; Pepsi Arena - May 12, 2006 Summerfest - Jun 29, 2006; The Forum - Jul 09, 2006; Aloha Stadium - Dec 09, 2006; Bonnaroo - Jun 14, 2008; Tweeter Center - Jun 28, 2008; Tweeter Center - Jun 30, 2008; United Center - Aug 23, 2009
    United Center - Aug 24, 2009; Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Indiana -May 07, 2010; Madison Square Garden - May 20, 2010; Madison Square Garden - May 21, 2010
    EV Solo 2008: LA1, Boston 1, DC1
    EV Colo 2009: Nashville 1&2
    Dead Man Walking: The Concert: March 29, 1998
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    Im not aware of how the old system worked, but the new system seems to be flawed. One person should not get 4 out of 4 where others are shut out. Plus, if I want to enter a drawing for 3 shows in my region to increase my odds, I shouldnt be required to buy the tickets if I only want to (or can afford) to attend one show if I'm drawn for 2 or 3. I should get the option if my name is drawn.

All that being said, I only chose one show and was drawn for GA in Charlotte.
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    I know it will never fly, but I honestly think we should be able to choose a hometown show that we get priority for. I was lucky this time with Brooklyn, but have been shut out of MSG before, which is a few subway stop from me. I completely understand your frustration. I have been there.

Still, I am not missing the hours hitting refresh of the system before...
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    meme wrote:
    I know it will never fly, but I honestly think we should be able to choose a hometown show that we get priority for. I was lucky this time with Brooklyn, but have been shut out of MSG before, which is a few subway stop from me. I completely understand your frustration. I have been there.

I agree with the hometown priority. That's easy for me to say because I live between two relatively small cities (Charleston and Columbia). I'm not sure tha could work at all in large cities like NYC, Chicago, or LA.
  • Options
    dolly rockerdolly rocker Long Beach NY Posts: 345
    sorry guys i put in all reserved seats number 130xxx.... and won 3 of 4.. brooklyn 2 nights , hartford and philly 22nd on the top 4 choices 1 through 3 and won all 4... sorry all but fuck ga,, i believe reserved was way to go.. but i might be luckiest of all......enjoy all

You didn't get Brooklyn both nights buddy. Not allowed under this format.
    sorry you are right buddy... i just checked 3 of 4 sorry buddy too much vodka green looks green
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    meme wrote:

I agree with the hometown priority. That's easy for me to say because I live between two relatively small cities (Charleston and Columbia). I'm not sure tha could work at all in large cities like NYC, Chicago, or LA.

Even if we had to do a lottery for those tickets, it would still be a lottery with only those who put NYC as their hometown show... I have travelled across the ocean and the country to see this band, but I think these days they should be a little more sympathetic to people who can't afford to do that. Not to say anything about the environmental benefits :D
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    pearljamdude420pearljamdude420 Posts: 1,380
    that why we have betting on the lottery, if you don't win tickets, you maybe win $, remember next time, I am up for doing heads up sudden death pools too, or lower draw picks win $100 a city?
  • Options
    beeswaxbeeswax Posts: 119
    Soybeans wrote:
    I can hardly bitch (but I will). I got ONE out of eight choices. Kinda hard to plan a road trip when the only show you have tickets to is in the middle of the tour. I guess we can just drive like a thousand miles for one show and turn around and go home.

wanted to fly over from europe to see them in seattle, but i "only" won oakland. and if i decide that's not worth the travelling, i cannot give my ticket to someone who got shut out. that's really stupid.
    Soybeans wrote:
    Can we please return to the old system? I thought Alpine was as bad as this could get. This is a smack in the face of long time members. 18 years of seniority is officially worthless.

well, even with the old system seniority was worthless when it came to buying tickets, wasn't it?
    not in the 10c for the tickets, but yeah, it is disappointing to lose after all those years. never thought i'd miss the evenings i spent with my F5 key, but i do.
  • Options
    bramnieskensbramnieskens The Netherlands Posts: 101
    "wanted to fly over from europe to see them in seattle, but i "only" won oakland. and if i decide that's not worth the travelling, i cannot give my ticket to someone who got shut out. that's really stupid. "

That was in the rules you had to read before entering the competition.

I am really sorry for you who got shut out and I am extremely lucky that I "won" one pair of tickets for the LA show on 11/24. Tickets from Amsterdam to LA are already booked!! :)
    As for now a friend will join me to visit the show but it's not sure yet if her holiday will be granted or not.
    If not I would be glad to sell one of my tickets to a 10c member who got shut out so send me a DM.

2007: Nijmegen
    2010: Nijmegen
    2012: Amsterdam 1
    2013: Los Angeles 1 & 2
    2014: Gold Coast
    2018: Amsterdam 1 & 2, Prague, Krakow, Berlin

• Options
    yosiyosi NYC Posts: 2,644
    MayDay10 wrote:
    I think it is a terrible method. I dont want to go to multiple shows. However if I whiffed on 1, I would have liked the opportunity for another and so on... not commit to 3 or more choices. If no a, then b type of thing.

I also think this system awards those who create multiple accounts and possibly brokers.
    People also have more ability to buddy up and strategize with possible multiple memberships or "borrowed" memberships for additional entry.

The system also benefits people who can go to more shows. Because, like you said, only the people who could potential go to 8 shows can try for 8 shows. However, if there are 8 shows near me (in the NE), but I can only afford to go to two shows, what am I supposed to do?
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

• Options
    "wanted to fly over from europe to see them in seattle, but i "only" won oakland. and if i decide that's not worth the travelling, i cannot give my ticket to someone who got shut out. that's really stupid. "

That was in the rules you had to read before entering the competition.

of course, but this doesn't make it less stupid.
  • Options
    Kurt Brutus BaconKurt Brutus Bacon Posts: 78
    edited January 2017
    Post edited by Kurt Brutus Bacon on
    Roskilde 2000, Barcelona 2006, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, London 2010, Arras 2010, Berlin x 2 2012, Stockholm 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Seattle 2013, Stockholm 2014, Boston x 2 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Copenhagen 2022, Budapest 2022
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,452
    beeswax wrote:
    wanted to fly over from europe to see them in seattle, but i "only" won oakland. and if i decide that's not worth the travelling, i cannot give my ticket to someone who got shut out. that's really stupid.

It's not stupid. The no transfer rule discourages people from putting in for tickets on a whim that they would likely never use. That means more tickets available for people who are committed to going.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,452
    MayDay10 wrote:

My buddy and I always teamed up during the f5 tours to make sure we covered all the shows we wanted. We did the same for the new lottery. I get his spare and he gets mine. Nothing changed because of the lottery.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    on2legs wrote:

It's not stupid. The no transfer rule discourages people from putting in for tickets on a whim that they would likely never use. That means more tickets available for people who are committed to going.

i understand the no transfer rule (though not sure if discouraging people is the main motif behind it) and i'm fine with it in general. the difference is: with the F5 system i wouldn't have tried to buy oakland tickets if seattle was sold out already.

you also needed luck and patience with F5, but had more influence over the priorities: if i'm lucky to get tickets for show X i would also try go to show Y and maybe even Z.
  • Options
    MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,628
    BF89905 wrote:
    Hurricane wrote:
    The system is way better than the disappointment of having tickets in your shopping cart and then unable to pay for it because you timed out. The last five years have been awful.

'Completely agree. Best of luck to 10C members trying to secure tickets through the public sales. Long live the personal-time respecting lottery. Enjoy the future shows and music.

You guys are kidding right? Even on those rare occasions when F5 had problems, you still knew where you stood in less time than it took for me to find out yesterday. This lottery didn't have problems, that was NORMAL! Having tickets in your cart meant nothing, it was the equivalent of seeing other people get totals while you had TBD all day. I hit F5 to refresh the lottery page more than I would have in the old method. In the end, worse results. Long live F5!
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    I feel for you guys. I really do. Been in 10 club since 1996 and combined with bf we put in for 5 shows and we won one. I'm happy with what I got because the last 5 or 6 years of getting PJ 10 club tickets for me has been a complete nightmare. Sitting at my computer for up to 5 hours a time sweating and swearing and getting shut out while people came on the board and were like "that was so easy...in and out" It was horrible.

So complain away. I would.....
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    anybody that put GA first choice for a show in the northeast and got shut out of all remaining choices should not be surprised they got no tickets

GA had the longest odds no question
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547
    on2legs wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:

My buddy and I always teamed up during the f5 tours to make sure we covered all the shows we wanted. We did the same for the new lottery. I get his spare and he gets mine. Nothing changed because of the lottery.

It was different for me. I didn't get tickets to a few shows I would have under the old system rathery easily without tricks. And I am not talking about NYC, Sea or Philly.
  • Options
    rival9500rival9500 Posts: 543
    I expect to be banned for my earlier comments. I hope not but I am okay with it if I am. I really am happy for those of you who got tickets. Congrats to you. I am very bitter and upset at how this was handled. It isn't fair for people to get multiple shows and I get 0. Again I spent thousands and I have the right to feel this way. If this is it, I had a good ride up until recently. Best of luck to all of you and have a great tour and great life.
    1998: Pitt
    2000: Pitt
    2003: Pitt, State College, Columbus,DC, Hershey
    2004: Reading, Toledo, DC
    2005: Pitt
    2006: Cleve, Camden 1+2, DC, Pitt, Cinci
    2008: Camden 1+2, DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Columbus
    2012: Philly
    2013: Pitt, NYC 1+2
  • Options
    rival9500 wrote:
    I expect to be banned for my earlier comments. I hope not but I am okay with it if I am. I really am happy for those of you who got tickets. Congrats to you. I am very bitter and upset at how this was handled. It isn't fair for people to get multiple shows and I get 0. Again I spent thousands and I have the right to feel this way. If this is it, I had a good ride up until recently. Best of luck to all of you and have a great tour and great life.

you know there is the general sale on Saturday right?
    Sealed vinyl is bad vinyl.
    1996 Wmbly London
    2006 Jools Holland, London / Reading festival
    2007 Wmbly London
    2009 SBE London / O2 London
    2012 MEN 1/ MEN 2 / Berlin 1 / Berlin 2 / EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2013 NY 1/ NY 2 / Philly 1 / Philly 2
    2014 AMS 1 / AMS 2 / Leeds / MK
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,924
    MG79478 wrote:
    BF89905 wrote:
    Hurricane wrote:

You guys are kidding right? Even on those rare occasions when F5 had problems, you still knew where you stood in less time than it took for me to find out yesterday. This lottery didn't have problems, that was NORMAL! Having tickets in your cart meant nothing, it was the equivalent of seeing other people get totals while you had TBD all day. I hit F5 to refresh the lottery page more than I would have in the old method. In the end, worse results. Long live F5!

The difference, though, is yesterday you could occasionally check the site or your email to see the results. In the F5 days, you HAD to be in front of your computer to finish the process. Tix in your cart, then they are gone; error page, reload, and all that. Yesterday, while still somewhat stressful, was much easier. You could go about your business and eventually would find out if you got in.

I'm not crazy about the lottery either, because I never seemed to have an issue in the F5 days. However, enough fans did have problems and the band seemed to listen. Although nobody will ever know the process of the lottery, it does seem to take out some of the frustration of the process (not necessarily the results).