Options

Does GA sections promote multiple memberships?

2»

Comments

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,112
    Rossum20 wrote:
    There should be a probationary period for new 10c members as far as ticket privileges go if this is how they are going to operate their ticketing distribution going forward. My suggestion would be that someone must be an active 10c member for 12 months before they can use that membership to enter the ticket lottery. If you want to see new faces up front that's fine, but don't encourage me to have my friends join the 10c the week before a tour to increase our odds (and decreasing everyone elses) for tickets and [ab]using the purpose of having 10c tickets in the first place. :nono:

Unintended consequences. People already getting good/great seats that want the chance for great/amazing seats don't understand that systems like this can actually decrease their chance of getting any tickets. Given the volume of dates and priority ranking, I'm optimistic people will at least make out ok for their first show choice.
  • Options
    Rossum20Rossum20 Posts: 910
    pjl44 wrote:
    Rossum20 wrote:
    There should be a probationary period for new 10c members as far as ticket privileges go if this is how they are going to operate their ticketing distribution going forward. My suggestion would be that someone must be an active 10c member for 12 months before they can use that membership to enter the ticket lottery. If you want to see new faces up front that's fine, but don't encourage me to have my friends join the 10c the week before a tour to increase our odds (and decreasing everyone elses) for tickets and [ab]using the purpose of having 10c tickets in the first place. :nono:

Unintended consequences. People already getting good/great seats that want the chance for great/amazing seats don't understand that systems like this can actually decrease their chance of getting any tickets. Given the volume of dates and priority ranking, I'm optimistic people will at least make out ok for their first show choice.

Intended or not, why shouldn't they close that loophole? They wouldn't have to abandon their overall plan, and it would deter the more flippant fan who's just looking to reap the 10c benefits during a tour year, devaluing what a 10c membership is all about.
  • Options
    JB56195JB56195 Posts: 303
    I seriously don't think GA is a good idea for kids.

Meh, although I agree in principle most GA sections have room in the back to hang on the wall and stay out of the crowd. Kids would be cool there. Not a huge fan of GA but all depends on who's around. Saw Soundgarden last month which I think would have a similar GA crowd, although SG had more people that would identify with metal than expected. I'm 37 so I have to preference my perspective.

1. A number of older people in their late 40s/early 50 which is the same age as the band, a larger percentage of people in their 30s where the bands were big in high school/college, and a smaller group of new listeners in their 20s.

2. Most people like to record or snap pictures at some point during show and don't pay any attention to what is going on around them.

3. Some douchebags try to make it 1992 and crowd surf. Most hit the floor or crashed into women who were unaware what was going on since they were taking pictures (see above).

4. There are the usual drunks who think they can fight their way to the front. Most say they are getting back to their friends that don't actually exist. Or they shove their way past and stand there. These people tend to be both drunks and neaderthals since no one can challenge their size.

I was hoping everyone was mature enough to respect the fact some people got in really early to get a spot. Most were generally cool but as always there will be dicks. I am sure it will be similar at PJ.

95-Milwaukee, 98-East Troy, 00-East Troy, 03-Detroit  Nights 1 and 2, 03-Toronto, 04-Grand Rapids, 05-Kitchener, 06-Cincinnati, 06-Auburn Hills, 10-New Orleans, 10-Kansas City, 11-PJ20 Nights 1 and 2, 13-Chicago, 14- Moline, 16-Chicago Nights 1 and 2, 18-Seattle Nights 1 and 2, Chicago Night 1, 21-Ohana Encore Night 1 and 2, 22-Imola, St. Louis.

• Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,600
    mookieb10 wrote:
    yep, i signed the wife and girlfriend up before the announcement.

you have a wife and a girlfriend?

i thought about signing my wife up but she doesn't go to all the shows i do so if she won it would force her to travel with me.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.