Little help for the over heated west coasters

2»

Comments

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    good morning.

are you saying you cannot purchase & install a window ac unit because, like the clotheslines, certain sections of a community disapprove of the window ac's appearance?
    :fp: No. It's because I have horizontal blinds, but a bedroom window that everyone across the way can completely see into unless the blinds are closed. You can't have an air conditioner in the window while the blinds are closed. And I'm not willing to have some kind of blanket-curtain situation going on. Ghetto. :lol:
    have it your way.

enjoy

i'd have a window unit installed so quick my head would spin & i'd be chili with or without beans :mrgreen: i'd be one thrilled son of a...
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    chadwick wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    good morning.

are you saying you cannot purchase & install a window ac unit because, like the clotheslines, certain sections of a community disapprove of the window ac's appearance?
    :fp: No. It's because I have horizontal blinds, but a bedroom window that everyone across the way can completely see into unless the blinds are closed. You can't have an air conditioner in the window while the blinds are closed. And I'm not willing to have some kind of blanket-curtain situation going on. Ghetto. :lol:
    have it your way.

enjoy

i'd have a window unit installed so quick my head would spin & i'd be chili with or without beans :mrgreen: i'd be one thrilled son of a...
    I just want to hold out for when I can afford a good piece of equipment. And for when I can use it without all the neighbors being able to watch me sleep in the nude.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    good morning.

why not just get regular blinds? They are like $10 at Home Depot and you can install them yourself in ten minutes.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
    duska3419 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    good morning.

why not just get regular blinds? They are like $10 at Home Depot and you can install them yourself in ten minutes.
    Because I don't want a really shitty air conditioner anyway. I want a good portable one, and want to be able to move it from room to room. Plus, I like the blinds that I have (and just like I won't buy a cheapass air conditioner, I don't want cheapass blinds).

:lol: Okay folks, I'm not an idiot or stubbornly resisting an air conditioner during a heat wave for no reason. :lol: I have considered all options, and I am aware of all of them, and have decided it doesn't make sense for me just at the moment for several reasons. But thank you all very much for your suggestions and bizarre level of interest. :lol:;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    :fp:
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859

we tried.

Honestly air conditioners seem more expensive this year. I wanted to get a new one but if the lame 5000 btu's are $200+ so I'm gonna deal with my POS until next year.

it's okay. Just stock up on iceys and fruit and ice and the summer will flyyyyyyyy by.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
    duska3419 wrote:

we tried.

Honestly air conditioners seem more expensive this year. I wanted to get a new one but if the lame 5000 btu's are $200+ so I'm gonna deal with my POS until next year.

it's okay. Just stock up on iceys and fruit and ice and the summer will flyyyyyyyy by.
    Yeah, I'm going to get a Frostee on the way home I think.... A Crystal Light one, but still.... 8-)
    Good idea (finally! ;):mrgreen: )
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    it was pretty hot in chicago this week.