big success
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    fill with dry ice

big success

yeah...cause there is nothing better than a co2 fog blowing on you :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Hey man, if it keeps food cold when the fridge goes out, it's gotta keep you cool.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    feel free to try the dry ice version...i'll stick to reg ice. :lol:

gotta admit....i want to try it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

Don't be a pussy
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    27-ingenious-ways-to-stay-cool-this-summer-1-21907-1370289784-13_big.jpg
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
    Gotta admit...rednecks are crafty sons a bitches
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158

627.jpg?8464
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    81 wrote:
    1017301_10201580631744039_269302810_n.jpg
    Don't laugh!! That shit works!!
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    Hey man, if it keeps food cold when the fridge goes out, it's gotta keep you cool.
    Just don't get the chunks of dry ice near any water, and as long as you are in a well ventilated room, you're good to go.. If you're going to do this though.. May I suggest cracking open a window closet to the ground, and putting a second fan directly in the ground blowing the ground air out the crack.. This keeps the geavy CO2 gasses flowing out side. While the light Oxegyn filled air is able to cool the room! The by the way heat cold friction with CO2 causes cold friction.. Making it colder.. So fan on cooler at high, fan on floor at medium,, icy pie!!
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157

627.jpg?8464
    red dress... smokin
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    81 wrote:

I do too. I was actually wondering if just putting dry ice right behind a high velocity fan would act as an air conditioner... but I don't know where to get dry ice.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    27-ingenious-ways-to-stay-cool-this-summer-1-21907-1370289784-13_big.jpg
    D'aww!

Our AC went out Sunday evening (fortunately it was an easy fix the next day), but by 2:30am I was seriously considering putting a bowl of ice in front of our fan.

Resourcefulness rocks!
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    81 wrote:

I do too. I was actually wondering if just putting dry ice right behind a high velocity fan would act as an air conditioner... but I don't know where to get dry ice.

You could do that...

have you looked into an air conditioner?
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859

627.jpg?8464
    i LOVE that show.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    81 wrote:

You could do that...

have you looked into an air conditioner?
    I can't really afford the minimum $500 it costs to buy one that's suitable for my needs right now. I would if it weren't for the trip to Chicago, but with that costing SO much, I'm just going to have to suffer for now... until the next heat wave. I guess I could break down at any time.
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I can't really afford the minimum $500 it costs to buy one that's suitable for my needs right now. I would if it weren't for the trip to Chicago, but with that costing SO much, I'm just going to have to suffer for now... until the next heat wave. I guess I could break down at any time.

It doesn't have to be one the cools the whole place.

Just one area... use it for the hottest part of the day and turn it off.

Plus you can use a fan to have it flow a little better.
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Yeah. Those cost around $500 here (I need a portable one because of window/blind issues). Maybe $400 with a good sale, which don't exist during heatwaves. I've looked into it. ;)
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Yeah. Those cost around $500 here (I need a portable one because of window/blind issues). Maybe $400 with a good sale, which don't exist during heatwaves. I've looked into it. ;)

http://www.amazon.ca/Perfectaire-5000Bt ... onditioner
    PJ_Soul wrote:

http://www.amazon.ca/Perfectaire-5000Bt ... onditioner
    1) I can't use one that has to be installed into the window; I need a portable one and those are more expensive, and 2) I'm not wasting money on some piece of shit 500 BTU air conditioner. I never ever buy the cheapest thing possible (except store brand drugs), because they just suck, don't really work, and break down. For me, it's get something decent or nothing at all. Anything else is a waste of money - if you get poor quality stuff, you just end up spending more in the end. :)
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    1) I can't use one that has to be installed into the window; I need a portable one and those are more expensive, and 2) I'm not wasting money on some piece of shit 500 BTU air conditioner. I never ever buy the cheapest thing possible (except store brand drugs), because they just suck, don't really work, and break down. For me, it's get something decent or nothing at all. Anything else is a waste of money - if you get poor quality stuff, you just end up spending more in the end. :)

1. Sucks for you

2. True, unless you use it sparingly.

Then it doesn't matter. If you have it cranked all day, yes it will suck. You are talking to a supreme cheapass...

:corn:
    edited July 2013
    PJ_Soul wrote:

1. Sucks for you

2. True, unless you use it sparingly.

Then it doesn't matter. If you have it cranked all day, yes it will suck. You are talking to a supreme cheapass...

:corn:
    :lol: Everyone's a cheap ass at your age.... but one can only stand shit breaking down and being shitty and buying the same crappy shit over and over for so long. Eventually you just become unwilling to do it anymore! ;)

Decent air conditioner next year.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    Duct tape :lol:
    Duct tape :lol:
    :lol:
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    good morning.

are you saying you cannot purchase & install a window ac unit because, like the clotheslines, certain sections of a community disapprove of the window ac's appearance?
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,893
    "cuz it's hot like a motherfucker" - E.V.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    chadwick wrote:
    good morning.

are you saying you cannot purchase & install a window ac unit because, like the clotheslines, certain sections of a community disapprove of the window ac's appearance?
    :fp: No. It's because I have horizontal blinds, but a bedroom window that everyone across the way can completely see into unless the blinds are closed. You can't have an air conditioner in the window while the blinds are closed. And I'm not willing to have some kind of blanket-curtain situation going on. Ghetto. :lol: