English Premier League

2»

Comments

• goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,472
    So now that the Silly Season (transfer window) is over we'll be able to concentrate on the football again soon.

Some interesting transfers at the weekend to spice things up a bit. As a Welshman I'm glad Bale has gone to Real, although it'll be harder to see him play now as we don't see much La Liga here. Ozil to Arsenal should work out to be a great move for them. He's a hell of a player but I'd hate to see him having to carry the team.

I was really gutted that Lukaku went out on loan again. He scored 17 league goals last season, Torres scored 8 and Ba scored 2 (I think) so it didn't make sense to me to send out our most promising striker. Maybe Eto'o will use this season to prove to people that he's still got it...

Not sure how or why Liverpool are top of the league at the moment though - I think it may just be some joke that I'm not in on :)
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    goldrush wrote:
    So now that the Silly Season (transfer window) is over we'll be able to concentrate on the football again soon.

Some interesting transfers at the weekend to spice things up a bit. As a Welshman I'm glad Bale has gone to Real, although it'll be harder to see him play now as we don't see much La Liga here. Ozil to Arsenal should work out to be a great move for them. He's a hell of a player but I'd hate to see him having to carry the team.

I was really gutted that Lukaku went out on loan again. He scored 17 league goals last season, Torres scored 8 and Ba scored 2 (I think) so it didn't make sense to me to send out our most promising striker. Maybe Eto'o will use this season to prove to people that he's still got it...

Not sure how or why Liverpool are top of the league at the moment though - I think it may just be some joke that I'm not in on :)

How on earth Madrid let ozil leave blows my mind. The guys a player any team would dream of having. But hey, it's madrid, most of the shit they do leaves me scratching my head. That move is gonna cost them wether they got bale or not. Cristina is not happy about ozil leaving that's for sure.

Oh and dnt worry about the reds being in first, it's only week 3 hahahahaha. They'll drop down to where they're used to being.
  • Ozil to Arsenal is an amazing signing for us. Just listen to what the Madrid players are saying about it. Some nearly in tears. He will grow under Wenger and will give the whole team a lift. A statement of intent from us with more major signings to come over the next 12 months.
    Surprised Lukaku went on loan again but Mourinho mustn't rate him yet. Felaini is a good player and Manchester United are in desperate need of a strong midfielder.

Overall, a great weekend for me. We beat Spurs, they sold their best player to Real Madrid who in turn sold their second best player to us! :D:D:D:D:lol::lol::lol:
    Happy up here in my tree
  • As it's international break who's watching their country play tonight and who are you playing?
    Happy up here in my tree
  • As it's international break who's watching their country play tonight and who are you playing?

US playing Costa Rica in a WC qualifier. If the US get 4 points over the next 2 matches with Costa Rica and Mexico, we qualify for Brazil!
  • On my way to Wembley stadium...England Vs Moldova

A must win for the three lions
    PJ
    2012 - Manchester 1 - 20/6 
    2014 - Amsterdam 1 - 16/6, Amsterdam 2 - 17/6, Milan - 20/6, Leeds - 08/07, Milton Keynes - 11/07
    2015 - Bogota - 25/11
    2016 - Philly 1 - 28/04, Philly 2 - 29/04, NYC 1 - 01/05, NYC 2 - 02/05
    2018 - LDN 1 - 18/06, Krakow - 03/07, Berlin - 05/07, Madrid - 12/07, LDN 2 - 17/07, Missoula 13/08
    2022 - LA 1 - 06/05, LA2 - 07/05, Berlin - 21/06, Frankfurt 28/07, London 1 - 08/07, London 2 - 09/07, Budapest - 12/07, Krakow 14/07, Amsterdam 2 - 25/07, NYC Apollo - 10/09, NYC MSG - 11/09, OKC - 20/09, Denver - 22/09.
    2023 - St Paul 2 - 03/09, Chicago 1 - 05/09, Chicago 2 - 07/09

EV
    2012 - Manchester - 28/07/12, 2017 - Amsterdam - 29/05/17, 2019 -Amsterdam - 09/06/2019, Madrid - 22/06/2019
  • settling down to watch Scotland vs Belgium, not holding out too much hope... for belgium haha.. c'mon scotland, give us a surprise win
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • Don't think there were any suprises last light and more important, no injuries to Arsenal players
    Happy up here in my tree
    Wales lost to Macedonia last night :roll: I'm hoping that we manage to qualify for a major tournament just once in my lifetime! The only time we've ever managed it was the 1958 World Cup (we lost to Brazil in the quarter finals) but you live in hope!

I'll be getting up early on Sunday morning to watch Australia play Brazil too.

(Tim Rogers)
  • goldrush wrote:
    Wales lost to Macedonia last night :roll: I'm hoping that we manage to qualify for a major tournament just once in my lifetime! The only time we've ever managed it was the 1958 World Cup (we lost to Brazil in the quarter finals) but you live in hope!

You have some good players and I thought you had half a chance this time. Maybe the Euros?
    Happy up here in my tree
  • Great win for the Arsenal yesterday. Our £43M signing looked great and Aaron Ramsey is simply on fire at the moment.
    Happy up here in my tree
    goldrush wrote:

You have some good players and I thought you had half a chance this time. Maybe the Euros?
    The problem we have is that we're stuck in a never-ending cycle. When we don't qualify for a tournament we get a tough qualifying group for the next one... which in turn makes it hard to qualify. We're number 52 in the world rankings at the moment (above countries like Australia, Iceland and Finland, but below Burkina Faso and the Cape Verde Islands) so I guess there's hope. GIggs and Speed never played at the Euros or at a World Cup, I'd hate that to happen to players like Bale and Ramsey as well.
    Great win for the Arsenal yesterday. Our £43M signing looked great and Aaron Ramsey is simply on fire at the moment.
    Bad loss for Chelsea though. It was one of those games where we completely dominated but we were never going to score.

I'm not too impressed with the scheduling this week. Swansea have got Liverpool on Monday night but are away to Valencia on Thursday. Seems a bit harsh to me - with no league games last week why couldn't they have played on Saturday? Two big games with very little recovery time in between them is a bit unfair.

(Tim Rogers)
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Great win for the Arsenal yesterday. Our £43M signing looked great and Aaron Ramsey is simply on fire at the moment.

And I heard bale and Cristina already had a little dust up last week. Again, how on earth ozil was let go I'll never understand. :fp:
    1 goal, 3 assists and a yellow card - Shelvey had an interesting night! :D

(Tim Rogers)