Options

Pearl Jam - Tides 10-08-2013

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    boyo79 wrote:
    And it begins...Here's the itinerary for the next 3 months:

The person who claims to have heard the album, but is lying their ass off. These will be sporadic, but they always post way too early in the game and don't stand a chance of being legit.

The person who has an "inside source" about tour dates. But never reveals the inside source and/or the tour dates....just that they know.

The person who is a friend of a friend of a the band and comes on here to give a song by song detail. They've actually heard the album but everyone on here refuses to believe them no matter how much proof they give. As though it's shocking to believe that someone got to hear the album before them.

The person who has the album leak and makes painfully obvious innuendos about the leak and asks for people to PM them (the post will always end this smiley: 8-) ), resulting in a mod work day entirely made up of locking and deleting album leak threads by the hundreds.

The person who posts that they have the album on Friday October 4th because they're record store clerk gave it to them early. They'll gloat so much like they just pulled off the final scene from the Thomas Crown Affair.

Then the album release day. when some people love it; some hate it; some think it's okay. One person always posts that the band is breaking up and it can be found in the lyrics of some song.

One person is going to make an over dramatic post about how awful the album is and they're now through with the band and this board for good. Only to show up 3-4 weeks later to discuss concert merch.

And here is the truth. ^

I love the posts by people saying 'oh yeah this looks legit'. Like anyone knows. Maybe I could put a bunch of 12 titles in there, of course including Of The Earth and say this is the real release. I sure ain't getting excited til I hear anything official!
    this has some truth,but not to all..some people DO know things.....
    i can confirm it and say 2 exables..Backspacer songs and pj will play at Wrigley at 19th July..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,713

The person who claims to have heard the album, but is lying their ass off. These will be sporadic, but they always post way too early in the game and don't stand a chance of being legit.

The person who has an "inside source" about tour dates. But never reveals the inside source and/or the tour dates....just that they know.

The person who is a friend of a friend of a the band and comes on here to give a song by song detail. They've actually heard the album but everyone on here refuses to believe them no matter how much proof they give. As though it's shocking to believe that someone got to hear the album before them.

The person who has the album leak and makes painfully obvious innuendos about the leak and asks for people to PM them (the post will always end this smiley: 8-) ), resulting in a mod work day entirely made up of locking and deleting album leak threads by the hundreds.

The person who posts that they have the album on Friday October 4th because they're record store clerk gave it to them early. They'll gloat so much like they just pulled off the final scene from the Thomas Crown Affair.

Then the album release day. when some people love it; some hate it; some think it's okay. One person always posts that the band is breaking up and it can be found in the lyrics of some song.

One person is going to make an over dramatic post about how awful the album is and they're now through with the band and this board for good. Only to show up 3-4 weeks later to discuss concert merch.

this is brilliant
  • Options

Well I guess we can close the forum now :lol:
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,901
    Matt Cord from WMMR was talking about this last night and tweeted about it :thumbup:

https://twitter.com/Matty93Cord

He also said so far Pearl Jam's only US date is at Soldier Field :fp: :lol: He said rumors of a philly date are for Oct. though :)
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    letim wrote:
    Hopefully this is legit!! Right around my birthday :lol:
    Me too, just 2 days before mine!!

It IS my birthday. Happy B day to me, new PJ!!!!!!!
    Hey, hey. My, my. Rock and roll can never die.

"Why go home? I am home! And I gotta tell you, it feels FUCKIN GREAT to be here. You may experience this yourself but, if you were born in Chicago, you're always from Chicago. And even if you don't live in Chicago, Chicago will always live in you."-Ed
  • Options
    EvenstevenEvensteven Posts: 868
    What happened to Billy Billy Micropenis?
    "Mark it 20, Dude."
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,525
    How long before we see fans wearing this shirt to shows?

picture-14.png

I recall when fans were tossing packages of Mentos up on the stage at the Foo Fighters,...will we see Tide pods tossed up on stage at this band?

:lol:
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    KimmiebyromKimmiebyrom Posts: 1,832
    So if this is legit, wouldn't promos of the single already be released to radio stations?
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

How I choose to feel is how I am.
    There's just one word I still believe...and it's LOVE.
    "Take care of one another..." -EV
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    100 Pacer wrote:

picture-14.png

I recall when fans were tossing packages of Mentos up on the stage at the Foo Fighters,...will we see Tide pods tossed up on stage at this band?

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,167
    100 Pacer wrote:

picture-14.png

Tide was always known for their free samples in the mail ;)

Cmon 10C give us a free sample of TIDES
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    100 Pacer wrote:

picture-14.png

:lol::lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    100 Pacer wrote:

picture-14.png

Already up in the shop :twisted:
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    I for one am fucking excited as hell if this is real. dope song names.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    tribejammer05tribejammer05 W'Ville, OH Posts: 696
    No Ole, eh?
    "There's a $10,000 bill in it for you."
    "Oh yeah? Which president's on it?"
    "Uh, all of them. They're having a party. Jimmy Carter's passed out on the couch."

Columbus 2000
    Columbus 2003
    Hershey 2003
    Toledo 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Chicago/Lollapalooza 2007
    Columbus 2010
    Chicago/Wrigley 2013
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Portland 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,525
    No Ole, eh?

B-side.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    smanchac1 wrote:
    Pearl Jam
    Tides
    Release Date: October 8th, 2013

1. Revolution Reruns (3:36)
    2. Kickstop (2:14)
    3. Vivid Futures (3:58)
    4. Mind Your Manners (3:08)
    5. The Undertow (4:04)
    6. Red (3:23)
    7. Of The Earth (6:15)
    8. Tracking Change (4:21)
    9. Uncharted Terrain (3:59)
    10. Foliage (2:16)
    11. Derision (3:32)
    12. Sans Finis (7:12)

From Facebook from The Sky I Scrape

What do you think? Legit??

I like the long songs!

Still excited and hope this is legit!

A few days ago, we had this one:

In the Time of Man (3:32)
    Deflate (2:37)
    Mind Your Manners (3:17)
    Of the Earth (6:49)
    Shelter (4:04)
    Green Light (2:47)
    Shift (3:27)
    Tear Down (3:56)
    In the Eyes (4:26)
    Distant Planets (4:56)
    Billy Billy Microp_nis (1:13)
    Payback (3:51)
    Beyond (4:33)

vs

Billy Billy Micropenis?
    What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1
  • Options
    PJForceofNaturePJForceofNature Posts: 3,087
    I like the song titles and also the album title. Whether it's legit or not, we all know the new album is coming, and I am SO excited about that!! :D:D
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    PjdreamerPjdreamer Posts: 318
    Well if the lp title is tides we can hope for some good art work on the cover!
    Pjdreamer
  • Options
    Grandmas JamGrandmas Jam Posts: 1,860
    I really don't like the short songs either. They need to stop writing those short punk songs and go in the direction Of The Earth was heading.
    you and i may be the only two poeple that feel that way. i like that song a lot
    Ryan Crooks insists upon himself
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    I really don't like the short songs either. They need to stop writing those short punk songs and go in the direction Of The Earth was heading.

Nope, same here. I'm not the biggest fan of Of the Earth but I'll take that all day over the punk inspired crapola.

You really think we're the minority though? Sure there are fans that dig the punk stuff and some that like anything they put out, but I'd think more people are into the mellow introspective, midtemp/anthemic, or the straight ahead rockers than the stuff with heavy punk leanings.
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    I'm pretty sure you're the majority.

While the style of the shorter songs PJ has put out lately are mostly semi-punk, you can't generalize that long songs would be better than short ones.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,879
    Posted over @ pearljamonline.it's Facebook page ..

bT1ObAE.jpg?1

Wasn't it Mike that said it would sound Pink Floyd-ish like?
    So whoever came up with the title of the album, named it after a Pink Floyd album?

3p8v9l.jpg
  • Options
    tribejammer05tribejammer05 W'Ville, OH Posts: 696
    demetrios wrote:

bT1ObAE.jpg?1

Wasn't it Mike that said it would sound Pink Floyd-ish like?
    So whoever came up with the title of the album, named it after a Pink Floyd album?

3p8v9l.jpg

If there are iTunes bonus tracks I hope they'll be made to purchase seperatley and not "Album Only". I want the physical copy, but am willing to pay for extras on iTunes without having the buy the album again.
    "There's a $10,000 bill in it for you."
    "Oh yeah? Which president's on it?"
    "Uh, all of them. They're having a party. Jimmy Carter's passed out on the couch."

Columbus 2000
    Columbus 2003
    Hershey 2003
    Toledo 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Chicago/Lollapalooza 2007
    Columbus 2010
    Chicago/Wrigley 2013
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Portland 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
  • Options
    ChoccoloccotideChoccoloccotide A grass shack nailed to a pinewood floor Posts: 810

Make that 3...I hope I get to hear it at Wrigley or sometime on tour this Fall!
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,758
    The Pearl Jam - Echoes tracklist has a Pearl Jam vibe to it. My wild ass guess is that that one is legit.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    CrookedTomCrookedTom Posts: 252
    DewieCox wrote:

Nope, same here. I'm not the biggest fan of Of the Earth but I'll take that all day over the punk inspired crapola.

You really think we're the minority though? Sure there are fans that dig the punk stuff and some that like anything they put out, but I'd think more people are into the mellow introspective, midtemp/anthemic, or the straight ahead rockers than the stuff with heavy punk leanings.

So you're not a fan of Lukin, Habit, Whipping? They could be described as Punk-ish songs, and I love those songs. On the other hand, Comatose & Gonna See My Friend could also be called punk-ish, and they are 2 of the worst things they've done.

I like the title (Tides) however I did sigh at yet another Ocean / Surfing reference. At least it's not called Waves.

If the titles are correct, I think Red will be a stormer!!!
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    CrookedTom wrote:
    So you're not a fan of Lukin, Habit, Whipping? They could be described as Punk-ish songs, and I love those songs. On the other hand, Comatose & Gonna See My Friend could also be called punk-ish, and they are 2 of the worst things they've done.

I like the title (Tides) however I did sigh at yet another Ocean / Surfing reference. At least it's not called Waves.

If the titles are correct, I think Red will be a stormer!!!

I think Lukin is one of the absolute worst songs in their catalog. Habit and Whipping are ok, but they probably wouldn't rank in the top 30 or 40 PJ songs. I don't mind a bit of punk influence but when it takes over a whole song it really doesn't play to their strengths.
  • Options
    jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    demetrios wrote:

bT1ObAE.jpg?1

Looks good. More PJ-ish then Sans finis or Billie billie littlepenis.

Song durations not listed but 54 overall album time is promising...
    What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    smanchac1 wrote:
    Pearl Jam
    Tides
    Release Date: October 8th, 2013

1. Revolution Reruns (3:36)
    2. Kickstop (2:14)
    3. Vivid Futures (3:58)
    4. Mind Your Manners (3:08)
    5. The Undertow (4:04)
    6. Red (3:23)
    7. Of The Earth (6:15)
    8. Tracking Change (4:21)
    9. Uncharted Terrain (3:59)

From Facebook from The Sky I Scrape

What do you think? Legit??

I like the long songs!

Still excited and hope this is legit!

It will be hard to wait until October to hear it!
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,542
    Honestly, I'm expecting a better album than 'Backspacer' but not expecting a brillant album. Not a fan of a lot of the punk songs either, it's just not Pearl Jam. I hope they surprise me with this album with some great rockers and musically challenging ideas.