Options

likely tour dates usa?

2»

Comments

• Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    shep wrote:
    ckravitz wrote:

But anyhow, any out of towner that is planning on flying to Chicago that doesn't yet have hotel and airplane reservations are most likely a tiny minority. Maybe the hotel is refundable but almost no airfare is refundable unless you are paying for refundable tickets in which case money isn't an issue in the first place!

I personally know 4 people with tickets, a refundable hotel booked, and no plane tickets yet.... (For the record I think they're fucking stupid for doing this, but I still know them... :lol:)
    :lol::lol::lol:
    shep wrote:
    Airfare is not refundable, it is however acceptable to cancel. If you're flying southwest or some other economy airlines you can cancel at no charge and have up to a year to use the $ spent on a different flight. Other airlines charge various fees for this same service.... i think the worst being about $150 for a return domestic flight... so you airline expenditure is not lost, and you've saved yourself a couple of vacation days...

I bet a lot more people than you expect would bail.

The band wants every last seat to be filled, for what will most likely be an iconic show... regardless of whether or not the seats are paid for. announcing additional shows in their most heavily populated fan-base areas is not conducive to this. bottom line.

Well maybe so, but I have to say in that case, it is pretty disappointing. There seems to be tons of folks that want to go to Wrigley but can't because they don't want to pay 400 a ticket (no evidence just seems to be the case from postings) and if a tour announcement would have folks that already have tickets cancelling it would certainly drive down the secondary market pricing.
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,838
    Eraserhead wrote:
    The Euro 12 dates were announced a full six months before they happened. Time is marching on...

because half of them were festival dates and the euro fests announce their lineups well in advance.

don't compare apples to oranges

I think about 3 of the 13 were festivals.