Options

likely tour dates usa?

pearljamdude420pearljamdude420 Posts: 1,380
edited June 2013 in The Porch
well it taking long for pj to announce dates, only new Orleans festival so far, my guess is the tour wont be long one, if it was a long one they need months in advance to plan all the dates out and the arenas over nba nhl schedules etc. my guess is pj is going to play 3 or 4 west coast shows and 3 or 4 east coast shows, and maybe a city or two in between for maybe like 10 or 12 shows total? can anyone think of a longer tour? I was hoping they do at least 15 shows east and 15 shows west of Mississippi line but I doubt that will happen. seems like they might play seattle 2x, la 2x, philly 2x, ny city 2x, new Orleans 1x, Houston 1x, and that's the whole tour? kind of lame fuck soundgarden tour pj needs to do a real tour, rolling stones are old like 65 70 years old these guys still try to tour a bunch of shows, pj has not done a long tour in a long ass time, my guess is no long tour cause no new album this year. but who cares they change the setlist every night a they don't need a new album to have a nice 20 or 30 show tour instead of just 3 or 4 cities
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mookieb10mookieb10 Posts: 930
    I agree. We arent the only ones either. Would love a long tour, but eddie is always sick, so im sure thats the problem. He was sick in europe 12, sick in Missoula, and sick on his solo tour. He was in the public eye for 40-50 days last year and under the whether for half of them. One can deduct what they may from that, but it seems like the stresses of touring weigh on ed. Id rather get 2 10 show tours a year and have them be great shows anyways...
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,842
    The Euro 12 dates were announced a full six months before they happened. Time is marching on...
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • Options
    dustinparduedustinpardue Las Vegas, NV Posts: 1,829
    Could be nothing. The New Orleans date could have been the additional dates they mentioned months ago. Seems like every time dates could/should be announced another soundgarden tour pops up.
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • Options
    RE4790RE4790 Posts: 795
    mookieb10 wrote:
    Id rather get 2 10 show tours a year and have them be great shows anyways...

Good luck with the lotto if that happens.
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,771
    Could be nothing. The New Orleans date could have been the additional dates they mentioned months ago. Seems like every time dates could/should be announced another soundgarden tour pops up.

Here's the relevant part of the email:
    The two show dates are:
    Tues, July 16 - London, Ontario Budweiser Gardens
    Fri, July 19 - Chicago, Illinois at Wrigley Field

*Fall Tour dates in the US will be announced in the coming months.

The hope is that July 10th is the big date.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    edited June 2013

I don't see it. They are not going to have the PJ lottery and public sale at the same time a lot of fans will be traveling to the July shows . And I don't see them announcing dates July 10th and having a lottery 2 weeks or more later.
    Post edited by pjsteelerfan on
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    edited June 2013
    Tour in October and November, still plenty of time to announce a "full" tour. QOTSA just announced a September tour a week or 2 ago. Arctic Monkeys just did the same. I think PJ's August 09 Chicago shows went on sale in May, and the May '10 shows went on sale in February.
    They don't want a bunch of out of towners dumping their Wrigley tix when a closer show gets announced.

I don't know why anyone would expect a 30 or 40 show leg of touring. It's been a decade since they done that.
    Post edited by DewieCox on
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    pj has not done a long tour in a long ass time, my guess is no long tour cause no new album this year. but who cares they change the setlist every night a they don't need a new album to have a nice 20 or 30 show tour instead of just 3 or 4 cities

I still think we'll get an album this year. Its probably why dates havent been announced. They may be trying to coincide the two.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089

I don't see it. They are not going to have the PJ lottery and public sale at the same time a lot of fans will be traveling to the July shows . And I don't see them announcing dates July 10th and having a lottery 2 weeks or more later.
    +1.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    YieldToNothingYieldToNothing Posts: 3,667
    t's being crossed, i's being dotted

i wish they'd jsut go ahead an announce it, most bands of their stature give more than 3 months notice.....but whatever.....i'm just happy there's gonna be shows
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • Options
    YieldToNothingYieldToNothing Posts: 3,667
    Eraserhead wrote:
    The Euro 12 dates were announced a full six months before they happened. Time is marching on...

because half of them were festival dates and the euro fests announce their lineups well in advance.

don't compare apples to oranges
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,807

Why not? I remembered just a few day's before traveling to California for Ed back in '08 the East Coast PJ 10club tickets went on sale. That same week Ed was playing Santa Barbara, Ticketmaster were selling the East Coast PJ '08 show's. So you never know.

Plus it's a lottery. Folks do check their emails & check out the forum right? London is July 16th. No need to F5 anymore. F5. I do love the F5 day's ...
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

Why not? I remembered just a few day's before traveling to California for Ed back in '08 the East Coast PJ 10club tickets went on sale. That same week Ed was playing Santa Barbara, Ticketmaster were selling the East Coast PJ '08 show's. So you never know.

Plus it's a lottery. Folks do check their emails & check out the forum right? London is July 16th. No need to F5 anymore. F5. I do love the F5 day's ...

Just saying I doubt it. I would not be pleased to be in Chicago and worrying about entering the lottery on my phone. Or finding a way to get to a computer for a ticketmaster sale. I'm sure others would not be either. My guess is PJ would want people to enjoy the shows and then have the sale after. I think the lottery starts July 29.
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,569
    Why? The lottery will be open for a number of days. Last time it was like a week. No need to stress over entering the day it's announced.

Not many Friday night TM sales either.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,647
    DewieCox wrote:
    Tour in October and November, still plenty of time to announce a "full" tour. QOTSA just announced a September tour a week or 2 ago. Arctic Monkeys just did the same. I think PJ's August 09 Chicago shows went on sale in May, and the May '10 shows went on sale in February.
    They don't want a bunch of out of towners dumping their Wrigley tix when a closer show gets announced.

I don't know why anyone would expect a 30 or 40 show leg of touring. It's been a decade since they done that.

Bingo.

you're not gonna get dates until after Wrigley.

Stop asking.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,612
    mookieb10 wrote:
    I agree. We arent the only ones either. Would love a long tour, but eddie is always sick, so im sure thats the problem. He was sick in europe 12, sick in Missoula, and sick on his solo tour. He was in the public eye for 40-50 days last year and under the whether for half of them. One can deduct what they may from that, but it seems like the stresses of touring weigh on ed. Id rather get 2 10 show tours a year and have them be great shows anyways...

I'll deduct that Ed needs to use hand sani. He tends to get sick during the Fall dates as you pointed out (add fall '09). His kids are probably all back-to-school snotty nosed.
  • Options
    ComeToTX wrote:
    Why? The lottery will be open for a number of days. Last time it was like a week. No need to stress over entering the day it's announced.

Not many Friday night TM sales either.

Wow, just saying, I don't think they want the lottery at the same time as the shows. Does not make much sense. Or for people to get emails that they missed out on shows the day of Wrigley for that matter.

Yes I realize not many Friday night Ticketmaster sales, but I will be traveling Friday morning when they usually have them . I think others will be as well. And I would not want to be trying for tickets to shows in my area on my phone in a bar.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,612
    shep wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:

Bingo.

Stop asking.

The tickets are sold, why would the band care if people dump their tickets?
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,807
    Go Beavers wrote:
    shep wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:

Bingo.

Stop asking.

Exactly! Plus you can't refund 10club tickets. When they did the lottery wasn't the Ticketmaster sale 2 weeks later? With the new lottery system? It's not like the 10club tickets go on sale Monday and Friday coming Ticketmaster sale. It's pretty much a week with 10club lottery. Wait a few day's to pick the winners. Then the coming Friday (which would be 2 weeks since the announcement of the 10club ticket lottery, Ticketmaster tickets go on sale.
  • Options
    Go Beavers wrote:
    shep wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:

Bingo.

Stop asking.

How would you feel, if after all this hype and hoopla in the last 5 months, you were onstage and only about 2/3rds of the seats were filled?

Yea, you made your cash, all the seats were paid for, but suddenly a "sold out" wrigley show isn't quite as special with all those empty seats...
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,538
    Go Beavers wrote:
    shep wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:

Bingo.

Stop asking.

Wrigley is a big place. I can't imagine more than a 1,000 people changing their Wrigley plans based on the fall tour dates and that is a drop in the bucket.
  • Options

Wrigley is a big place. I can't imagine more than a 1,000 people changing their Wrigley plans based on the fall tour dates and that is a drop in the bucket.

Announce a tour with the following shows:

2 x NYC
    2 x Boston
    2 x Philly

a couple of scattered dates inbetween, say Hartford, Buffalo, Newark, DC, charlotte... and another date in the south somewhere en route to NOLA, and see how many east coasters and others with a local show bail immediately. The loss of ~$160 worth of tickets is a drop in the bucket compared to traveling costs. If you're staying Thursday - Sunday at a nice hotel, and flying and you can cancel all of it, you've just saved yourself close on $1k, if not more after booze.

I bet its a lot more than 1000 tickets.

I would bet it's closer to 8-10k people from out of town coming for this show... knowing the touring group that follows this band.
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

Exactly! Plus you can't refund 10club tickets. When they did the lottery wasn't the Ticketmaster sale 2 weeks later? With the new lottery system? It's not like the 10club tickets go on sale Monday and Friday coming Ticketmaster sale. It's pretty much a week with 10club lottery. Wait a few day's to pick the winners. Then the coming Friday (which would be 2 weeks since the announcement of the 10club ticket lottery, Ticketmaster tickets go on sale.

I posted in another thread looking at it realistically with possible public on sale dates, the lottery will probably take a week from a Monday to a Monday, with a the public sale on the Friday after it ends. Public sale won’t be the 5th of July, or the 19th obviously. I doubt the 12th since that would mean the PJ announcement/lottery would be over the holiday. Not the 26th since they would have the PJ lottery over the time of the two shows, so that is out. So my guess is PJ lottery starts July 29- August 5th, and public on sale August 9th. You have to figure in peoples travel plans with these shows, the days it takes 10c to announce winners and losers before the radio pre-sales etc. Also, I would not be surprised if a lot of the 10c staff is traveling to Chicago as well.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,910
    shep wrote:

Announce a tour with the following shows:

2 x NYC
    2 x Boston
    2 x Philly

a couple of scattered dates inbetween, say Hartford, Buffalo, Newark, DC, charlotte... and another date in the south somewhere en route to NOLA, and see how many east coasters and others with a local show bail immediately. The loss of ~$160 worth of tickets is a drop in the bucket compared to traveling costs. If you're staying Thursday - Sunday at a nice hotel, and flying and you can cancel all of it, you've just saved yourself close on $1k, if not more after booze.

I bet its a lot more than 1000 tickets.

I would bet it's closer to 8-10k people from out of town coming for this show... knowing the touring group that follows this band.

You've probably noticed this but fans from Boston and Philly are nuts. Not too many of us would be dropping our tickets, tour announcement or no tour announcement. Especially in this case when we have known for months a US tour was coming.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Go Beavers wrote:

Fine then, the band doesn't care. The other points remain. An announcement is probably getting close, but not ridiculously close like some people are acting.
  • Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    Well they could easily announce the dates without putting the tickets on sale. In that way, people couldn't just dump their Wrigley tickets because they'd have no guarantee of getting hometown tix anyway.

But anyhow, any out of towner that is planning on flying to Chicago that doesn't yet have hotel and airplane reservations are most likely a tiny minority. Maybe the hotel is refundable but almost no airfare is refundable unless you are paying for refundable tickets in which case money isn't an issue in the first place!

Beyond all that, killing the secondary market demand isn't something a band usually worries about unless folks are making the supposition that the fastest sell out in Wrigley concert history would somehow be half empty due to no shows. That is a stretch.
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:

Good point. I bet the dates get announced a few days after Wrigley.
  • Options
    MisterEtake2MisterEtake2 Posts: 372
    What a silly thread. Only the serious fan is going take the time off from work, spend several hundred $ and fly half way across the country to see a show. And if more shows get announced, the serious fan just goes to more shows.
  • Options
    ckravitz wrote:

But anyhow, any out of towner that is planning on flying to Chicago that doesn't yet have hotel and airplane reservations are most likely a tiny minority. Maybe the hotel is refundable but almost no airfare is refundable unless you are paying for refundable tickets in which case money isn't an issue in the first place!

I personally know 4 people with tickets, a refundable hotel booked, and no plane tickets yet.... (For the record I think they're fucking stupid for doing this, but I still know them... :lol:)

Airfare is not refundable, it is however acceptable to cancel. If you're flying southwest or some other economy airlines you can cancel at no charge and have up to a year to use the $ spent on a different flight. Other airlines charge various fees for this same service.... i think the worst being about $150 for a return domestic flight... so you airline expenditure is not lost, and you've saved yourself a couple of vacation days...

I bet a lot more people than you expect would bail.

The band wants every last seat to be filled, for what will most likely be an iconic show... regardless of whether or not the seats are paid for. announcing additional shows in their most heavily populated fan-base areas is not conducive to this. bottom line.