Options

We're Awesome.

13»

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,314
    I shared a motel room with Dimi whom I only knew online before, D
    Cav ,no worries,i was gay back then.. :lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    I shared a motel room with Dimi whom I only knew online before, D
    Cav ,no worries,i was gay back then.. :lol::lol:
    LMAO
  • Options
    jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    Cav and I re-celebrated our wedding last Sunday

Great to hear the bride side of this happy story. Great to see couples, friendships forming all thanks to the sharing of PJ music.
    What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1
  • Options
    ladydocNYC wrote:
    Maybe he identifies as German. The first 12 years are pretty formative. I have a good friend who moved to the US from Russia at age 13 and though in most respects she's American, that was the culture in which she grew up. True, it's less so if the parents aren't themselves German, but anyway it may be a major part of his identity.

Anyway I hope we haven't alienated Princess B. Maybe she'll reply. :corn:

Yes, just thought there could be more to Princess B's story and asked. Would be good if she elaborates... If she wants to, of course. :) :?:

• Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    jumbojet wrote:

Though technically he was born in Germany to British parents before moving to Australia, after 12 years in Germany. ;)

Princess B., I've been on your side till now but sorry, your story doesn't add up. So your b/f lived in Germany till 12 and this makes you wanna study German?

Do you have to master everything your b/f faced as a child?
    What's wrong with doing that?? Makes sense to me... he probably has German family members and friends and stuff who speak German, and he probably wants to speak his native language sometimes too. Why wouldn't she choose to learn that language if she was into learning one? ... Anyway, the whole conversation completely derailed what could have been a good thread. Maybe next time take it to PM. Sorry October22.

PJ_Soul, this is the first time someone is telling me in the lines of "Shut up" indirectly, within my short lifespan in this forum, so I am gonna mark this date. :lol:
    As for october22, I dont think he needs an apology, he's a tough guy.
    And taking things to PM sounds like taking things to a new level, I am not sure I am ready for this step. :lol: :evil:

• Options
    Princess BulldozerPrincess Bulldozer Mannheim, Germany Posts: 952
    jumbojet wrote:

Though technically he was born in Germany to British parents before moving to Australia, after 12 years in Germany. ;)

Princess B., I've been on your side till now but sorry, your story doesn't add up. So your b/f lived in Germany till 12 and this makes you wanna study German?

I am not sure where I said that I wanted to learn/speak German, because of my boyfriend. I even spoke about wanting a Germany conversation group in my city, as my boyfriend was raised by English speakers, he speaks less than I do now and can't hold a conversation (in Germany) with me.

I wish to do my PhD in Germany, that has nothing to do with the person I am dating.
    I have wanted to live in Germany for a very long time, my love affair with Germany grew well before I knew my boyfriend. Germany is the home of some of the top Chemistry universities in the world and I plan to enjoy studying and research at one of them.

I was simply saying that I am not single and was trying to say it in a clever way, even integrating into the direction that this thread took about languages/countries etc.

*shrugs*

(Apologies for the delay in response, I have been teaching high school kids chemistry all week so far and I am a little tired.)
    Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure - science.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

Men love to wonder, and that is the seed of science.
    ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,677
    jumbojet wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    jumbojet wrote:

What's wrong with doing that?? Makes sense to me... he probably has German family members and friends and stuff who speak German, and he probably wants to speak his native language sometimes too. Why wouldn't she choose to learn that language if she was into learning one? ... Anyway, the whole conversation completely derailed what could have been a good thread. Maybe next time take it to PM. Sorry October22.

PJ_Soul, this is the first time someone is telling me in the lines of "Shut up" indirectly, within my short lifespan in this forum, so I am gonna mark this date. :lol:
    As for october22, I dont think he needs an apology, he's a tough guy.
    And taking things to PM sounds like taking things to a new level, I am not sure I am ready for this step. :lol: :evil:
    Sounds like you took my post as aggressive maybe? I didn't mean it to be, so sorry if it came off like that. I wasn't telling you to shut up. I was just voicing my opinion, which differed from yours (and was defending PB I guess). And when I said take it to PM, I was more just thinking about how 10C tells us to try and stay on topic/not derail threads, and also that it's not a chat room. I'm not even sure I meant that for you... more for the long conversation about learning German, because it did kind of kill the thread for awhile, which was why I just said sorry to the OP - just because his nice thread fell apart. Not a big deal - just something I pointed out. I by no means want to come off like I think I'm the forum police though.... I was just talking. ... And now things are derailing more, and I'm helping. What a hypocrite. :P
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Not a big deal - just something I pointed out. I by no means want to come off like I think I'm the forum police though.... I was just talking. ... And now things are derailing more, and I'm helping. What a hypocrite. :P

It's OK. The thread has been derailed, no question about that. :) :oops:
    I think 10C is OK with the fans communicating. Getting to know the personalities here in the forum. I think it's interesting. ;)
    And about German: There should be some stuff to talk during the long waiting for the new album and shows, rite? 8-) :corn:

• Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    jumbojet wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Not a big deal - just something I pointed out. I by no means want to come off like I think I'm the forum police though.... I was just talking. ... And now things are derailing more, and I'm helping. What a hypocrite. :P

It's OK. The thread has been derailed, no question about that. :) :oops:
    I think 10C is OK with the fans communicating. Getting to know the personalities here in the forum. I think it's interesting. ;)
    And about German: There should be some stuff to talk during the long waiting for the new album and shows, rite? 8-) :corn:

Christ, dude. You're nothing if not persistent, eh?

Cheers for fighting the good fight PJ_Soul ;)
  • Options
    october22 wrote:
    Christ, dude. You're nothing if not persistent, eh?

Cheers for fighting the good fight PJ_Soul ;)

Fight? I didnt realize there was a fight. :roll:
    Thanks bro, for letting know. I'll be more careful... and eh..persistent. :?

• Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    :mrgreen:
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    the tittle of this thread would be awesome for pj new album name!!
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

We're some awesome echoes and tides...

• Options
    jumbojet wrote:

We're some awesome echoes and tides...
    awesome!!
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    I am giving a shout out to NAUJackFan for sending me a housewarming gift... a custom made hat with my initials on it... which also happen to be similar to an Eddie Vedder logo... It doesn't have anything to do with warming my house but it was really cool of him to send me from out of nowhere! :)
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    ^^^ Cool NAUJackFan :clap: & happy housewarming High Fidelity 2000. :)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    NICE!