Options

Yeezus

2»

Comments

• Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,244
    Or Lyrics aside, the music and the beats are fucking phenomenal. Other than Death grips, you don't hear Hip hop this raw. To have an artist at his level, do an album like this, it could be a game changer.

I would love to have this album without any vocals at all. You are correct that the beats and rhythm are amazing.
    The lyrics are garbage, same old shit reproduced over the years by the next hip hop artist......
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,983
    I don't know about that. kanye has a great flow and has pretty clever and funny word play. It's a package deal that makes him awesome.
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,983
    Can't believe I am saying this as a 46 year old white jewish male, but this album is awesome... I really like Death Grips, so to hear Kanye do something like this hopefully opens more of the world to this harder core genre...

Really don't know much of his stuff... where else should I go?

Well, he hasn't done much like this album. 808s and Heartbreak is an emotional slow jam electronic album. That's been getting a lot of comparisons to Yeezus, but probably because they are the outlier albums for him. His other 4 albums are more akin to Bound 2 on Yeezus. Great samples with some great beats and rhyme. If you are gonna check those out for My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy (his best album), Late Registration, Graduation then College Dropout.
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,244
    I don't know about that. kanye has a great flow and has pretty clever and funny word play. It's a package deal that makes him awesome.

I guess for me the whole shock and awe factor that he goes for with these lyrics faded for me when 2 live crew sang about being so horny......when I was 12.
  • Options
    DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    Another new lyrical gem - "Eatin' Asian p*ssy, all I need is sweet 'n' sour sauce." :lol:

Yes, he's an artistic genius enlightening us all to the issues of the world. :fp:

How about this one :fp:

A monster about to come alive again/ Soon as I pull up and park the Benz/ We got this bitch shaking like Parkinson's (On Sight)

Listen to the song 'Gorgeous' from his last album... that has amazing lyrics... the cockiness, wittiness, and politically incorrectness of it is the point... its kanye, its hip hop... but listen to the meaning in that song and what he is really saying. some amazing stuff. and crazy metaphors if you catch them.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,117
    Another new lyrical gem - "Eatin' Asian p*ssy, all I need is sweet 'n' sour sauce." :lol:

Yes, he's an artistic genius enlightening us all to the issues of the world. :fp:

How about this one :fp:

A monster about to come alive again/ Soon as I pull up and park the Benz/ We got this bitch shaking like Parkinson's (On Sight)

Listen to the song 'Gorgeous' from his last album... that has amazing lyrics... the cockiness, wittiness, and politically incorrectness of it is the point... its kanye, its hip hop... but listen to the meaning in that song and what he is really saying. some amazing stuff. and crazy metaphors if you catch them.
    this^ MBDTF was among the most dense and complex albums in modern hip hop history. Expertly discussed what it means to be a black male celebrity in modern day america. I viewed it, and still view it as Kanye's version of Dante's Inferno. He paints a depressing and scary portrait of the fast life and being famous