Options

Predictions for Mansfield II

2»

Comments

• Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    It seems all the "super cool" shows this tour were all just overhyped to the extreme. Considering many will agree that HARTFORD (of all shows) had the best show this tour, that basically proves that people need to stop expecting the greatest shows at certain venues. It almost seems as if the band purposely gave better shows to the ones that didn't expect much:WPB, bonnaroo, columbia, DC (setlist-wise atleast), and hartford.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    It seems all the "super cool" shows this tour were all just overhyped to the extreme. Considering many will agree that HARTFORD (of all shows) had the best show this tour, that basically proves that people need to stop expecting the greatest shows at certain venues. It almost seems as if the band purposely gave better shows to the ones that didn't expect much:WPB, bonnaroo, columbia, DC (setlist-wise atleast), and hartford.

I agree Hartford melted my face off and right now it ranks up there in my top 5 favorite shows I've been to.
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    Unfortunately I dont think the band will start any earlier than 8:45- even @ MSG when Ted Leo got booted after like 20-25 minutes the band was still a few minutes late...

And since it would not appear they'll break curfew - it could be another 24-25 song show and HOPEFULLY not a greatest hits type show again!
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,901
    I'd be more than happy if they played those songs they soundchecked the previous show (Habit, Rival, Education, Wash) ... A crazy bust-out like No Way would be a huge bonus ...

They also soundchecked All Or None and Undone a lot earlier in the tour.
  • Options
    my daughter is making me a crown of thorns sign as we speak,and i'm front row tomorrow so i know he will see it!!

sure would love to hear it!!

Thank you so much for making a sign with CROWN OF THORNS. My fav & would be the most special treat. I never have a good enough seat for holding up a sign so please make sure they see it ALOT!!!

I will be buying poster board just in case I get lucky and win the lottery. Here's my sign idea (besides the COT sign):

Take a "Deep" "Breath"
    Be an "Angel"
    and play "Brother"

That's on just one sign. What do you think? Too many requests? HA HA
    ...And he who forgets will be destined to remember.

...I swear I never took it for granted. Just thought of it now.
  • Options
    ragejoeragejoe Agawam Mass Posts: 1,413
    Im on board man for the curfew thing... I will chant it after every song.. we are gonna make this a memorable night

lovin some of these dream setlists people are puttin down...

Id like a couple of crazy things... wouldnt mind WMA WHO YOU ARE again, havent heard it since MSG
    1998 Tour- Hartford 9/13
    2000 Tour- Saratoga 8/27 Boston 8/29, 8/30
    2003 Tour- Albany 4/29 Boston 7/2,7/3,7/11 Philadelphia 7/5,7/6 MSG 7/8,7/9
    2004 Tour-
    Boston 9/28,9/29
    2006 Tour-
    Albany 5/12 Hartford 5/13 Boston 5/24,5/25
    2008 Tour-
    MSG 6/24,6/25 Hartford 6/27 Boston 6/28,6/30 Eddie- Boston 8/1
    2009 Tour-
    Eddie- Albany 6/9 Philly Spectrum- 10/30, 10/31
    2010 Tour-
    Hartford 5/15 MSG 5/20,5/21
    2011 Tour-
    Eddie- Hartford 6/18
    2013 Tour- Worcester,MA 10/15,10/16 Hartford 10/25
    2016 Tour- MSG 5/1,5/2 FENWAY 8/5,8/7
    2018 Tour- Fenway 9/2, 9/4 (My 40th show)!
  • Options
    MutkiMutki Posts: 25
    I predict - RIVAL, GHOST, TREMOR CHRIST, UNDONE, BREATH

It is impossible to have all of them.. but at least 1 or 2 of them!
    Some of those I would like to hear on the boot...
  • Options
    My3rdEyeMy3rdEye Posts: 926
    LongerRoad wrote:
    Last show of the "mini tour", 8 year anniversary, a place they are known to enjoy playing at, played a relatively short show prior, a day off in between...it's not a stretch to speculate that something "significant" could occur tomorrow night. Maybe/maybe not.

Regardless, any predictions for tomorrow night? Whether you have inside info or just care to take a guess. Just curious what people are feeling for tomorrow, now that we are 24 hrs away.

I would bet on a fast paced show for you guys tonight since the curfew seems fairly strict. Crank out as many songs as they can in the time provided. Something along the lines of...

Severed Hand
    Corduroy
    Lukin/Grievance
    All Night
    Brain Of J
    Save You
    Animal
    WMA
    Do The Evolution
    Go
    U
    Given To Fly
    In Hiding
    Habit
    Porch
    Sad
    Rival
    Evenflow

then some nice encores. Whatever it is it will be awesome. Enjoy it! Wish I was going to be there.
  • Options
    5against1-5against1- Posts: 1,101
    They will play these two songs

1. In my tree
    2. Crown of thorns

Imagine if they also played these two!!

1. Stangest Tribe
    2. Hold On

Undone was crossed of the setlist for philly 2, so that is also very possible, since they haven't played it yet.
    This too shall pass.....
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,649
    Floridaman wrote:
    Love Boat Captain

Bingo.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    momofglynnmomofglynn Posts: 849
    I'll be really mad that I'm not there if they play Indifference, Rats, Sonic Reducer...

Still trying to find a way how I can get from Buffalo to Boston right after work.
    ;)

Leave now with an incredible headache or perhaps food piosoning. That way you have the all ready excuse for when you are not there tomorrow. :-)

GO YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • Options
    momofglynnmomofglynn Posts: 849
    I know this sounds crazy. I know it will never happen. But if I had my choice of song that I would like, it would be Bugs. I know a lot of people do not like it. I love it. I would love to see it for the sheer fact that they have never played it. That song would just bring it to a whole other level for me.

I have been to some pretty great shows in my life. Friday night in Hartford ranks up there quite high. I have not given it the #1 spot yet but it's pretty damn close. Saturday night was great, and who cares if you all are deeming it the 'greatest' hits show. It was great. They played spot on. I will never forget Betterman for the rest of my life and the looks on their faces because of it.

I can not believe I am going again tonight. I am the luckiest person in the world. Tonight will be everything you think about and more. And for the people talking about the hype you are all just jealous plain and simple. You wish your asses were at these shows.

My stomach is in a knot just thinking of where my tickets could end up tonight.......
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • Options
    scpjfanscpjfan Posts: 131
    Floridaman wrote:
    Love Boat Captain

I agree, this will likely be the opener.
    Hail, hail the lucky ones, I refer to those in love.
  • Options
    IampatriotIampatriot Posts: 87
    G-force wrote:
    The truth: The venue use to be great but now it sucks. I have an informed opinion on the matter as I have averaged 3-4 Mansfield shows a year since the early 90's. Including the first time I saw PJ in 1992 at lolla' when we tore down the stockade fencing at the back and burned the wood in several bonfires during the RHCP closing set. (does anyone here remember that ??)

I was picking dirt out of my scalp for 4 days after this show due to people ripping up the sod and hurling it through the air during Ministry's set. I thought the bonfires also started during Ministry's set? I could be wrong. Surreal show for sure.
    I will feel....alive....as long as I'm freeeeeeee...
  • Options
    Flannel ShirtFlannel Shirt Posts: 1,021
    They must have heard what it was like on Saturday in the parking lots, so I think a little WMA action dedicated to the parking lot Nazis would be solid.
    All that's sacred, comes from youth....dedications, naive and true.
  • Options
    5against1- wrote:
    They will play these two songs

1. In my tree
    2. Crown of thorns

Imagine if they also played these two!!

1. Stangest Tribe
    2. Hold On

Undone was crossed of the setlist for philly 2, so that is also very possible, since they haven't played it yet.

If they opened with Wash, and then played Hold On at some time during the set...I might expire from sheer happiness (I don't hear Hold On mentioned much, it must be just one of my favorite songs??? - good on you!!)