Any Pearl Jam fans deployed right now in Afghanistan?

elwayvedderelwayvedder Posts: 9,113
edited June 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
I volunteer for a US Troop Support Non Profit all volunteer group. We welcome home our local Veterans (South Jersey area) like rock stars when they return from Afghanistan. In addition, we work hard each and every week to ship huge boxes of goodies to our brave women and men serving our country and currently in Afghanistan, hoping it boosts their morale and let's them know that we here at home are grateful for their service and support them (no matter how we feel about being in Afghanistan). We average over 1,800 pounds of loving reminders from home each and every month that includes Skittles, candy, beef jerky, Pringles, Baby Wipes and so on.

For more, please visit our website; http://www.operationyellowribbonsouthjersey.org/

Our resources are limited as we do fund-raising and care package collection drives constantly but we have a little band width to add a few more members of our Armed Forces to our care package list. In the past, we have sent care packages to PJ fans who are forum members here or to family members of forum members on here.

If there is any Americans on these forums currently deployed in Afghanistan or if you have a friend or loved one serving our great country and deployed to this now almost 12 year old war, please PM me and let's get some more care packages out to our Brave Pearl Jam fans!!

Thanks
-EV
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• :thumbup: :clap::clap::clap:
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    :thumbup: :clap::clap::clap:

this is only one of many amazing things EV does for others. His work deserves a billion clapping smilies.

and I pledge to become more involved myself.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Bump and bravo and thank you! - I'll defintely check out the website.
  • elwayvedderelwayvedder Posts: 9,113
    Thanks for the nice comments but it's never enough, no matter what we do...it's our duty as free Americans to show our support...bump!
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,407
    Thanks for the nice comments but it's never enough, no matter what we do...it's our duty as free Americans to show our support...bump!

Agreed! Bump!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • bump!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    :clap:
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435