Options

Ariel Castro charged with murder

mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
edited November 2013 in A Moving Train
Cleveland kidnapping suspect Ariel Castro charged with murder, hundreds of rape, assault counts

i'm semi-liberal and all just slightly left of center
but i just want him to burn

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/06 ... ounts?lite

A Cuyahoga County grand jury indicted Castro, 52, on the aggravated murder charge for allegedly causing the unlawful termination of one of the women's pregnancies.
Amanda Berry, 27, Gina DeJesus, 23, and Michelle Knight, 32, escaped May 6 after having been kidnapped between 2000 and 2004. The kidnapping counts include the alleged abduction of Berry's daughter, now 6, who was born in captivity.

Besides the murder charge, the grand jury indicted him on more than 100 counts of rape, more than 150 counts of kidnapping, seven counts of gross sexual imposition, three counts of felonious assault and one count of possession of criminal tools.
Castro is to be arraigned next week. A decision on whether prosecutors will seek the death penalty hasn't been made, McGinty said.
fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,654
    Good.... Hope he doesn't get off on some kind of technicality. I have about as much faith in the criminal justice system in North America as I do in oil companies to do what's best for the environment.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    How can it be murder if it isn't considered "born"?

Isn't that the reasoning behind pro-choicers?
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,218
    unsung wrote:

Trying to make a case on abortion... ummmm.... o.... k.
    I think it is because the gal didn't have a choice in the matter. It was all the guy's doing.
    Or do you seriously believe that the gal told the guy to beat her in the stomach?
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,955
    mysticweed wrote:

That is perfectly OK. Everyone gets a trial. No matter how horrible their crimes, no matter how much we want them to burn, they still get a trial. The angrier we get the clearer it becomes why the system is necessary -- and why it works.

I want him to burn too.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    life or death ? maybe the rest of his days in solatary confinement.

Godfather.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,938
    edited June 2013
    Cosmo wrote:
    unsung wrote:

Trying to make a case on abortion... ummmm.... o.... k.
    I think it is because the gal didn't have a choice in the matter. It was all the guy's doing.
    Or do you seriously believe that the gal told the guy to beat her in the stomach?
    yep. There is already precedent here in Ohio for this and a conviction too. Boyfriend forced a woman to get an abortion. He's in prison now.

It also applies to vehicular homicides too if a pregnant woman loses the baby.
    Under this narrow criteria it is murder.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mysticweed wrote:
    Cleveland kidnapping suspect Ariel Castro charged with murder, hundreds of rape, assault counts

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/06 ... ounts?lite

A Cuyahoga County grand jury indicted Castro, 52, on the aggravated murder charge for allegedly causing the unlawful termination of one of the women's pregnancies.
    Amanda Berry, 27, Gina DeJesus, 23, and Michelle Knight, 32, escaped May 6 after having been kidnapped between 2000 and 2004. The kidnapping counts include the alleged abduction of Berry's daughter, now 6, who was born in captivity.

Besides the murder charge, the grand jury indicted him on more than 100 counts of rape, more than 150 counts of kidnapping, seven counts of gross sexual imposition, three counts of felonious assault and one count of possession of criminal tools.
    Castro is to be arraigned next week. A decision on whether prosecutors will seek the death penalty hasn't been made, McGinty said.
    329 counts in all. Seems overkill to me. But its likely to garner a plea deal to spare these women having to testify at trial.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,776
    mickeyrat wrote:
    329 counts in all. Seems overkill to me. But its likely to garner a plea deal to spare these women having to testify at trial.

Keeping 4 people enslaved and locked in a basement for a collective 36 years is more overkill.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    mickeyrat wrote:

Keeping 4 people enslaved and locked in a basement for a collective 36 years is more overkill.
    Amen.

I also wonder about these young women...do they want to testify? Maybe a release for them, I don't know.
  • Options
    hedonist wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

Amen.

I also wonder about these young women...do they want to testify? Maybe a release for them, I don't know.
    more charges are coming.
    As it stands right now, I think it is one count of rape for each month that each victim was held.
    At present its only 2 counts of homicide( I believe manslaughter) related to the forced miscarriages.

As to my comment about overkill, I don't think all those counts would be needed to insure this guy at minimum gets life with no parole. Perhaps death.

I think the defense could reasonably argue that the individual counts are really a continuation of the first rape subsequent to the kidnapping. On going crime and all that.

personally I think this guy wont last long in prison anyway . My hope would be ,if not death ,then a loooooooooooooooong dreary miserable life in prison. But reality of inmate justice system says DP.

• Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    .50 caliber sniper rifle shooter with his spotter @ 1,300 yards on a windy day
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    mickeyrat wrote:
    more charges are coming.
    As it stands right now, I think it is one count of rape for each month that each victim was held.
    At present its only 2 counts of homicide( I believe manslaughter) related to the forced miscarriages.

As to my comment about overkill, I don't think all those counts would be needed to insure this guy at minimum gets life with no parole. Perhaps death.

I think the defense could reasonably argue that the individual counts are really a continuation of the first rape subsequent to the kidnapping. On going crime and all that.

personally I think this guy wont last long in prison anyway . My hope would be ,if not death ,then a loooooooooooooooong dreary miserable life in prison. But reality of inmate justice system says DP.

Up here in Canada, our justice system would work extra hard to ensure true justice does not occur. After a big and really costly trial, at the point of sentencing, our authorities would dole out the proverbial 'slap on the wrist'. Then, knowing full well the barbarians in prison would seek to do the job our legal system didn't do, the same authorities would set up a cushy prison arrangement where this idiot wouldn't come into contact with any other prisoners: just access to internet, television, books, counsellors, doctors, and members of his fan club that will most assuredly develop given people's unbelievably stupid nature. I mean, think of the trolls that marry some of these horrific human beings as they serve their time for murder and such.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    mickeyrat wrote:
    more charges are coming.

Up here in Canada, our justice system would work extra hard to ensure true justice does not occur. After a big and really costly trial, at the point of sentencing, our authorities would dole out the proverbial 'slap on the wrist'. Then, knowing full well the barbarians in prison would seek to do the job our legal system didn't do, the same authorities would set up a cushy prison arrangement where this idiot wouldn't come into contact with any other prisoners: just access to internet, television, books, counsellors, doctors, and members of his fan club that will most assuredly develop given people's unbelievably stupid nature. I mean, think of the trolls that marry some of these horrific human beings as they serve their time for murder and such.
    I'm sure he would be put into a segregated unit. But even that wouldn't ensure his safety. Any number of ways this guy could be gotten to to cause him harm.

• Options
    mickeyrat wrote:
    more charges are coming.

Huh. I think what would happen is that he'd be found guilty and given the maximum penalty allowed under Canadian law: Life in prison without the possibility of parole for 20 years (and then never get parole). I do agree that our justice system sucks shit as far as letting criminals walk early goes, but that's not generally the case for those who are not found to be mentally ill and commit truly heinous crimes. I.e. Willy Pickton or that little psychopath who mailed the body parts, once he's found guilty, ain't getting out. The Canadian justice system sucks, but it's not 100% useless.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mickeyrat wrote:
    hedonist wrote:
    Amen.

more charges are coming.

an additional 977 counts filed against Castro yesterday. Almost 1300 in total.

Think this is going to trial? I doubt it.

Also was a youtube vid posted from the women thanking everyone for their support. Have not seen it or I would post a link. It was enough for me to know they are on the path to healing.

• Options
    Apparently minutes away from a hearing in regards to a plea deal.

• Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,761
    He plead guilty. At least that will save the cost of a trial.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    hopefully they put him in the general population.
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:

Why?

• Options
    know1 wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

Why?
    Because he'll probably be dead within a week.
  • Options
    Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    know1 wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

Why?

Hopefully he'll get a little prison style payback beforehand. :lol:
  • Options
    this fucking puke-bag-of-shit throughly deserve nothing decent. i'd walk to ohio if the state would allow me to blow his head clean off his shoulders. and i'd pay them

every angel, every deathdealer that ever lived would give me a massage & happy ending. good to go

goodnight, ball of shit

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    know1 wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

Why?

And that's something that makes you all happy? Something that you would wish for?

• Options
    not wish for. live & love for

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick wrote:

I find that really sad.

• Options
    know1 wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

I find that really sad.
    you find living without a monster-maniac who's insanely abusive towards women sad? we are opposites. i find living with those things sad

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    chadwick wrote:
    know1 wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

I find that really sad.
    you find living without a monster-maniac who's insanely abusive towards women sad? we are opposites. i find living with those things sad

This guy doesn't deserve to live for what he did to those poor girls.
  • Options
    know1 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    know1 wrote:

Why?

And that's something that makes you all happy? Something that you would wish for?
    Not me. I don't approve of violent retribution. I was just explaining Jason P's comment.
  • Options
    chadwick wrote:
    know1 wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

I find that really sad.

No. I find you taking pleasure in someone getting beaten up or killed sad. No matter if they're a monster or not.

• Options
    know1 wrote:
    No. I find you taking pleasure in someone getting beaten up or killed sad. No matter if they're a monster or not.
    did i say "i take pleasure in someone getting beaten up or killed?"

firstly someone is not ariel castro. use his name, or refer to him as a monster, don't call him someone, he is no one. i am a someone, you are a someone, this dangerous freak is no one... no... one he is blank, he deserve nothing decent

secondly. in all truthfullness i may or may not find pleasure in putting this monster to rest. but i would surely step up to the plate if offered the chance to put a hole through his nasty ass skull. it may haunte me forever, good! he is a no one. he is a dangerous no one. he is not a victim. he is a dangerous, manipulative female abuser, a murder of a unborn child...his own child

the monster is uncontrolled. he deserves nothing at all ever to be decent.

no one, a nobody.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce