Ten things women should stop posting online dating profile

2»

Comments

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,776
    I hate when people put "i listen to all types of music".

BULLSHIT!!!! I feel like calling them out and asking who their favorite death metal band is :lol:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    I hate when people put "i listen to all types of music".

BULLSHIT!!!! I feel like calling them out and asking who their favorite death metal band is :lol:
    I do that only I ask what their favorite Punk Band is... Lol ( looking for guys, not girls.. You know you guys lie on there too)! Not YOU guys specifically.. But guys too. I always look for the most honest and original write ups.
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    I've never been to an online dating forum, but I prefer women who are curvy.
    Rock on ladies.
    I like boobs, butt and some skin.

No man likes a boney, skinny, shapeless woman.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    I need a PJ girl!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • I always have the problem of finding someone who enjoys music as much as I do. I do not like internet dating sites. They are bunch of horseshit.
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    I've never tried one of these.... anyone have any good experiences with them?
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    I just read a headline on one woman's profile:
    "PLEASE DON'T SUCK AT LIFE!"

Oh boy! Where do I sign up to date this breath of fresh air???

;)
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • locked wrote:

;)

OMG.

THANK YOU for the biggest laugh of my day!!!
    :lol:

damn, she wouldn't even want to date me then either.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    locked wrote:

;)
    :lol::lol: She sounds delightful!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    I haven't used them, but I know couple who met on Lavalife and tell in love, and their baby is a year and half old now. I think there are plenty of couples who meet on dating websites... I've heard it takes some persistence though. Have to go through some duds before finding someone good a lot of the time.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • I like boobs, butt and some skin.

Having skin is sooo last year. ;)
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)

i think he meant in the "it puts the lotion on the skin" kind of way

i think he meant in the "it puts the lotion on the skin" kind of way

:lol::lol:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Bob?
  • rpech'erpech'e Twin Cities Posts: 1,106
    edited September 2013
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    I haven't used them, but I know couple who met on Lavalife and tell in love, and their baby is a year and half old now. I think there are plenty of couples who meet on dating websites... I've heard it takes some persistence though. Have to go through some duds before finding someone good a lot of the time.

I've gone through a few already so hopefully my man is right around the corner :D
    Post edited by rpech'e on
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    the problem with these things are that when all is said and done ... most men and women are totally superficial ... :lol::lol:

if you meet someone under say more traditional circumstances (friends, work, hobbies, funerals, western unions) ... it's much easier to break through the shallowness ... a lot of peeps are dating people they probably wouldn't otherwise look at on a dating site because they actually got to know the person first ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    the problem with these things are that when all is said and done ... most men and women are totally superficial ... :lol::lol:

if you meet someone under say more traditional circumstances (friends, work, hobbies, funerals, western unions) ... it's much easier to break through the shallowness ... a lot of peeps are dating people they probably wouldn't otherwise look at on a dating site because they actually got to know the person first ...
    Yeah, the real problem with the dating websites is that people are restricting themselves, but with what they put out there for other people, and what they're looking for. It's like shopping for a mate, and reviewing false advertising to do it. Not great. However, I'm sure there are some ads on those sites that break the mold, and some people looking on the sites who know better than to trust the ads instead of their instincts.... I think that 1 in 5 relationships now begin through a dating website. I think that's the new stat, anyway. Only takes one date to realize if the online pick was a good or a bad one.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    rpech'e wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

I've gone through a few already so hopefully my man is right around the corner :D

I guess the law of averages should throw something up eventually. ;)8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    i know a couple that met one of them sites and have been together for a couple years, doing good. but theyre both pretty vanilla type people so maybe it just depends on the type of personality you have.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • I know of 3 couples who have met though online dating sites and are in happy long-term relationships - it seems a great way to meet someone who is also looking for a relationship.

OP, it may be fun to explore your 'prejudices' about women involved in online dating and actually arrange to meet up with some of the women you find so offensive online - it could go much better than you expect. She's out there somewhere - I wish you all the best in your search :)
    I have in ex wife because I couldn't put up with living like a second class citizen for more than 14 years.

I won't do that again.

I'd rather stay alone and seek random hook ups than be tied to someone whose happiness I am constantly trying to keep sustained.

Life Wasted.
    I erased it.
    I'm never going back again!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford