Options

New Auction Site Link, tons of old PJ Stuff?

pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
edited June 2013 in Lost Dogs
Am I allowed to post a link to an auction site that has a ton of Pearl Jam older posters? Most are under currently selling for under $100, the site has very detailed pictures, I work for this auction company and personally ship all the prints... The PJ prints are from a consignor who had some unexpected med bills come up, has to sell some of his older prints...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Hmm... how do I make a poll, so we can vote if I'm allowed to or not... almost 30 views, no responses... auction ends soon
  • Options
    EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,506
    Yes Then it will get closed Why ask?
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    I read the rules, I'm not sure if it's allowed or not... posting a link to an item on ebay, not allowed.. selling something in this forum and asking people to post their bids, not allowed... links to an auction site, unclear.
  • Options
    so, I'm thinking it's ok to post a link to the site, just not a specific item... hmmmmmmmmmmmpf
  • Options
  • Options
    pulling69pulling69 KIAD Posts: 982
    Wow, some rare posters in there....I am impressed at the high bid right now for the 98 East Lansing poster, considering the staple holes and all. Makes my mint poster look that much better :mrgreen:
    "Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
  • Options
    my virgin eyes are ok with seeing that...
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options
    well, I guess posting it was ok, thanks for looking guys!
    If you are signing up, use me as a reference... Taper or Merrick... or you can say you saw it on here.
    Also, remember shipping is free, and I ship all the art, and a lot of the cards too :)
  • Options
    JK36392JK36392 Posts: 840
    i signed up, bidded on multiple items. i didnt understand the ''extended bidding time' at the end. felt like it was a soccer match. never did care for soccer. either way, hope it helped your friend out.
  • Options
    NB58302NB58302 Posts: 105
    I am glad you raised money for a friend but that had to be the worst auction site I've ever been on. They timer was stuck at 14:58 for about 2 hours and then the auctions closed. I didn't bid because of this. There was a lot of great prints but the bidding process was terrible. Again...glad to see that you did raise some funds though.
  • Options
    UmbertotambaUmbertotamba Posts: 1,382
    Thanks for the heads up on this.... I got my hands on the Hartford 96 poster which was a huge deal for me.

I sold mine that I had picked up at the show about 10+ years ago when bills got tight. Glad to have it back!!

Now if I only had the Boston 98 and Hartford 98 posters back too that would be supa dupa, but at least I will have the 2 posters from the 2 shows I went to!

Definately wasn't a fan of the whole 15 minute thing, but I understand why its done and there must have been lots of bids going on because it kept resetting.
    Springfield MA 94, Hartford CT 96
  • Options
    pulling69pulling69 KIAD Posts: 982
    pulling69 wrote:
    Wow, some rare posters in there....I am impressed at the high bid right now for the 98 East Lansing poster, considering the staple holes and all. Makes my mint poster look that much better :mrgreen:

Bidding finished at $355?? :shock: I might have to put mine in an even better frame and show it off on the main floor of my house instead of keeping it hidden away in the finished basement.

PJEL98smallest.jpg
    "Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
  • Options
    UmbertotambaUmbertotamba Posts: 1,382
    pulling69 wrote:
    pulling69 wrote:

Bidding finished at $355?? :shock: I might have to put mine in an even better frame and show it off on the main floor of my house instead of keeping it hidden away in the finished basement.

PJEL98smallest.jpg

I would!!
    Springfield MA 94, Hartford CT 96
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,717
    The extended bidding went on for over 6 hrs

Won't be rushing back to that site. Pitiful
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,936
    I bid and had to return time and time again, it's an awful auction site, I won't be bidding again there.
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    63schoefflin63schoefflin Posts: 2,581
    I kinda dig it. I think next time I am getting my bid in early and whatever happens happens. There were some great deals on that site depending on what you are looking for.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    Guys, please try to keep the insults to a minimum.. i'm glad the only complaints I see are due to extended bidding... I've talked to the owner of Small Traditions about it, many auction sites do it, this is the first I've heard of it and prefer not having it.. but it gives people all over the world a chance to bid, and has several other benefits the customers like... But please try to be nice, I spent a TON of time putting this auction together, getting everything organized, helping my buddy get his art in, to see "this site sucks" is a bit upsetting, ya know?
    Thank you guys for looking, for those of you who liked it, please come back, from those of you who did not, there is always eBay.
    :fp:
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,717
    pjtaper wrote:
    Guys, please try to keep the insults to a minimum.. i'm glad the only complaints I see are due to extended bidding... I've talked to the owner of Small Traditions about it, many auction sites do it, this is the first I've heard of it and prefer not having it.. but it gives people all over the world a chance to bid, and has several other benefits the customers like... But please try to be nice, I spent a TON of time putting this auction together, getting everything organized, helping my buddy get his art in, to see "this site sucks" is a bit upsetting, ya know?
    Thank you guys for looking, for those of you who liked it, please come back, from those of you who did not, there is always eBay.
    :fp:

understand what you are saying, and I think all are delighted that your friend did so well in the auctions.......must have raised a good chunk towards what he needs.

The site just seemed to make no sense, and auctions like that are best avoided. No one had a clue when an item would end, or if their bid was good enough.....it just went on and on.

Each to their own but IMO an end time should mean just that, and people around the world have plenty of time to submit their bid before the end time. Im not sure how constant 15 minute extensions really helps with that.

Anyway, congrats on running that auction - the rules are not yours, and I think its more than fair to say what you did was stellar.