Have you lied about how many 'partners' you've had?

Comments

• BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Does it count as a "Partner" if you share the person with your significant other?
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    Does it count as a "Partner" if you share the person with your significant other?

:lol:

.5?
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    The question itself can also be a bit vague too.

I knew a girl in college who had a really, really low number.
    That said, let's just say she was also a bit of a "vacuum". If you included that, her number would be through the roof! :lol:

So if she started a relationship with someone and they asked her "how many partners have you had?" Her number would be very misleading if she didn't include her Hoover Vacuum numbers. :D
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    mca47 wrote:
    fife wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I don't think it's a good idea to get into the topic at all, on the sexual level. Don't ask, don't tell is generally my policy on that one. It's the safest bet, because you just never know when it might go bad somehow, depending on who you're dealing with.

I don't know if you should not ask. I am thinking about this as a health issue. I once was asked how many people i have slept with without protection. that for me was a great question.

I do believe that the reason why a person ask it should not be for just keeping score.

I think for safety reasons you have to trust them no matter what.
    :shock: Is that a typo?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata

:lol:

.5?

.5 , i Like it!
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    fife wrote:
    I don't know if you should not ask. I am thinking about this as a health issue. I once was asked how many people i have slept with without protection. that for me was a great question.

I do believe that the reason why a person ask it should not be for just keeping score.
    I'm not sure if asking about it will really make a difference. I was an HIV educator in the 90s and found that people's behaviors will surprise you to say the least. People don't always change their history to be deceitful; sometimes they meet somebody they really care for and manage to "forget" things that they don't want to acknowledge. We expect guys to brag or exaggerate the number of partners they've had but I discovered that young men had started to claim that they were virgins to get girls to be more trusting. That one flabbergasted me but I learned about it from several sources.

If you don't feel comfortable having the discussion about getting tested, insist on using protection all the time, every time. If you want to ask the other person to get tested, you'd better be willing to do the same. Go to testing together and get your results at the same time. Anyone can fib that they've been tested but if you face each other after you've gotten your results, it will be hard for most people to hide what they've learned.

How you handle the relationship post-test is another story. :lol:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Ha. Hahhahahhhahha

Hahhaahahhaha

Carry on.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Ha. Hahhahahhhahha

Hahhaahahhaha

Carry on.
    :lol::lol::lol:

I once asked a boyfriend the question while drunk, and as a joke he said 287, and I started crying. :fp: :lol: So at the very least, don't ask when you're drunk. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    :fp: :lol:

I don't know if I can remember it
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Ha. Hahhahahhhahha

Hahhaahahhaha

Carry on.

I once asked a boyfriend the question while drunk, and as a joke he said 287, and I started crying. :fp: :lol: So at the very least, don't ask when you're drunk. :lol:
    Haha whoops! I have never once asked a dude his number. I don't want to know..as long as he's healthy, ya know? So its none of their business either. A dude hung up on your number isn't worth the effort imo
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Ha. Hahhahahhhahha

Hahhaahahhaha

Carry on.

Haha whoops! I have never once asked a dude his number. I don't want to know..as long as he's healthy, ya know? So its none of their business either. A dude hung up on your number isn't worth the effort imo
    Words of wisdom!
    any number after Zero sucks for either side, so don't brag
    I think at my age, the answer of "zero" would freak me right the fuck out and I'd run in the other direction while laughing my ass off. :lol:;)
  • Have I lied? .....1........2...........3......................... :shock:

how many?......4..............5.............. :roll:

then there was-6......7..... geez..... :think:

Judging my memory... I probably would forget a couple or more....

On purpose?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Ha. Hahhahahhhahha

Hahhaahahhaha

Carry on.
    Soooo....did you lie or what?

:?
    mca47 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Ha. Hahhahahhhahha

Hahhaahahhaha

Carry on.

:|
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Ha. Hahhahahhhahha

Hahhaahahhaha

Carry on.

:|
    :angel:
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    I have never once asked a dude his number. I don't want to know..as long as he's healthy, ya know? So its none of their business either. A dude hung up on your number isn't worth the effort imo
    ding ding ding... we have a winner!

im actually kinda bothered when people want to share their sex life information with me. im one of those dude's that doesn't talk guy talk with other guys & i don't go on about these things with lady friends either. therefore i keep my mouth closed & expect the same courtesy in return. people have sex, simple as that.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    chadwick wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    I have never once asked a dude his number. I don't want to know..as long as he's healthy, ya know? So its none of their business either. A dude hung up on your number isn't worth the effort imo
    ding ding ding... we have a winner!

im actually kinda bothered when people want to share their sex life information with me. im one of those dude's that doesn't talk guy talk with other guys & i don't go on about these things with lady friends either. therefore i keep my mouth closed & expect the same courtesy in return. people have sex, simple as that.

exactly
  • its not a pissing contest
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    its not a pissing contest
    It could be :shifty:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013

You can write 'Black Diamond' in the snow?!?!? :shock:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    just one more
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I think at my age, the answer of "zero" would freak me right the fuck out and I'd run in the other direction while laughing my ass off. :lol:;)

:think: :shifty: You would be like a God to that person, might have some benefits :twisted:
  • lazlobluelazloblue Posts: 738
    Interesting thread. Recently had ex-BF tell me somethin’ which made me feel open to share somethin’ - big mistake! So he judged me, cut me down and then abruptly dumped me. At least mine was consensual adults. His was a paid transaction. :shock: So from now on I’ll just keep my mouth shut.
    Lollapalooza 92, Alpine Valley 11, De Luna 12, Wrigley/Pittsburgh/Dallas/OKC 13, Tulsa/Denver 14, Global 15, Wrigley 1/2 16
  • as long as the number doesn't change once the relationship starts everything should be okay.
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    No, also never felt the need to

oddly enough though, three of them were named Kevin

that struck me as I thought about replying to this thread.
    No, also never felt the need to

oddly enough though, three of them were named Kevin

that struck me as I thought about replying to this thread.
    I'm a Steve kind of gal myself. :lol:
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    as long as the number doesn't change once the relationship starts everything should be okay.
    :thumbup: