Options

Sealed PJ20 Vinyl For Sale: Supporting Our Troops

elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,050
edited May 2013 in Lost Dogs
First and foremost, special thanks to "bmwtech" and all the generous forum members who helped make this happen. Jason, your generosity as well as helping recognize the true meaning of Memorial Day and honoring our brave women and men is more than amazing.

In this spirit of continuing Jason's theme of both honoring our Fallen as well as supporting our Troops:

SOLD!!

Payments need to be sent "to friends/family" (which will save 5% in fees) via Paypal. If you aren't comfortable sending payment as "friends/family", then please add on another 5% to the totals. I will then disburse the funds as follows as the sale/donation purchase of this item will benefit 2 US Troop Support Group Non-Profits with 50% going to each:

1) SAC (Soldier's Animal Companion) Fund: SAC is American based and partners with Nowzad, a British non-profit to help Troops in Afghanistan adopt and bring home stray Afghan dogs and cats that they become attached to while deployed in harm's way.
I found this non-profit by way of one of the soldier's I send care packages to as he was trying to raise money to rescue a dog that has kept him company and sane during his deployment. Ironically SAC is based out of Seattle so I am hoping Pearl Jam will recognize them and assist them as well with their love for animals and love for supporting our troops. Feel free to let Pearl Jam know you want them to recognize SAC please.

2) Operation Yellow Ribbon of South Jersey (http://www.operationyellowribbonsouthjersey.org) where funds will help with shipping expenses of care packages to US Troops deployed in Afghanistan and supporting Operation Enduring Freedom. This also includes a few members from these forums and a brother of another forum member receiving monthly packages from OYR. OYR is run by me and ships on average, 1800+ pounds of goodies from home each month to our brave women and men in harm's way and away from home. We spend over $1500 each month alone on shipping expenses so thank you for your past help!

I think that's it. PM me with interest. Thank you for your support and thank you bmwtech!!
-EV
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments