Darts, billiards, bowling, bocci, teatherball, cornhole, etc

2»

Comments

• shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    i hate all of these games, except maybe night frisbee.
    but i guess it might depend on who you're playing the games with or how drunk everyone else is just so you can laugh at them.
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    I like golf because you get to drink and smoke while driving a vehicle.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Jason P wrote:

#fact

did a 360 in a cart going down a hill in the rain once. scared the shit out of my buddy. that was awesome.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    I need to take up golf.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Billiards: I'm awesome at it, even better after a few cold frosty beverages
    Darts: I'm alright, I like cricket or any of the 01 games
    Air Hockey: Finally met my match at the Mr's company holiday party...he's 24
    Folf/Disc Golf: I do okay, not many courses near my house
    Jenga/Giant Jenga: Awesome
    Bocce/Croquet/shuffleboard: never played-how do you play?
    Cornhole: Not popular here at all.
    Table Tennis: pretty damn good, I like to make it a cardio workout
    Bowling: I once won a bowling award for 'Most Gutterballs'...at least I have fun and can balance out the gutterballs with strikes.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    81 wrote:
    I ruled Jarts. Stuck one in my brothers back from about 40 yards out.

Fun times.

greatest game ever invented.
    A shining example of how pussified todays society is. They cant even handle the Jart.

You're right. We're too busy shooting paintballs at each other.
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Bowling: I once won a bowling award for 'Most Gutterballs'...at least I have fun and can balance out the gutterballs with strikes.

air hockey is awesome too! And how did I forget table tennis? I only just played it and realized how much fun. I measured a spare room in the house hoping to fit a table one day. :mrgreen:

Bocce is fun. Maybe the one game that is a million times better when drinking. You have a white cue ball that you toss out in the yard. Then two teams throw 2-3 larger ceramic balls and try to get them as close to the cue ball as possible. You can knock them all over though, and the terrain is most important. Its much more fun than I just made it sound too. :fp:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    RKCNDY wrote:

air hockey is awesome too! And how did I forget table tennis? I only just played it and realized how much fun. I measured a spare room in the house hoping to fit a table one day. :mrgreen:

Bocce is fun. Maybe the one game that is a million times better when drinking. You have a white cue ball that you toss out in the yard. Then two teams throw 2-3 larger ceramic balls and try to get them as close to the cue ball as possible. You can knock them all over though, and the terrain is most important. Its much more fun than I just made it sound too. :fp:

so Bocce is like Curling without the ice and sweepers?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    RKCNDY wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

so Bocce is like Curling without the ice and sweepers?

Maybe.. I think kinda... Im not too familiar with curling. I've laughed and laughed at it before on TV, but never learned the rules. :lol:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)

Maybe.. I think kinda... Im not too familiar with curling. I've laughed and laughed at it before on TV, but never learned the rules. :lol:

Just looked, and it is!

Wiki:

Curling is a sport in which players slide stones across a sheet of ice towards a target area which is segmented into four rings. It is related to bowls, boule and shuffleboard.

Boules (French pronunciation: ​[bul]) is a collective name for a wide range of games in which the objective is to throw or roll heavy balls (called boules in France, and "bocce" in Italy) as close as possible to a small target ball.

I'm such a nerd, I like to watch curling, "HARD! HARD!" :lol:
    (I also watch women's billiards in hopes to brush up on my game)

- Christopher McCandless
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain Posts: 31,101
    81 wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

#fact

did a 360 in a cart going down a hill in the rain once. scared the shit out of my buddy. that was awesome.

Was at a wedding recently at a country club and they parked the carts next to the smoking deck. Bad, bad mistake. My wife hawked me hard-core all night to make sure I wasn't the jackhole that wrecked a golf cart but fellow drunkards were buzzing around on them for a good hour before they realized their mistake and brought them away.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved