Darts, billiards, bowling, bocci, teatherball, cornhole, etc

JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
edited May 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
These are often games that require drinking.

Im good at darts.
I suck at billiards.
Im decent at bowling.

I love bocci ball.
But im much, much better at all of them when I'm drinking.
But the minute you put money on a game, I suck. I'm no Jordan - I cave under pressure.

What games do you like?
What are you awesome at? suck at?
Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    I'm best at everything after 2 drinks.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i've got a killer hook at bowling

i rule blades of steel and sega NHL pick the year.

how can we forget croquet. awesome sporting fun

pressure does not bother me. i am jordan. game on the line, i'm ready, willing and able to take the shot
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    I'm a damn fine bowler, drinking or not

suck at pool, defintely better sober than drinking
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    I ruled Jarts. Stuck one in my brothers back from about 40 yards out.

Fun times.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.

Fun times.

greatest game ever invented.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    81 wrote:

Fun times.

A shining example of how pussified todays society is. They cant even handle the Jart.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    81 wrote:

Fun times.

A shining example of how pussified todays society is. They cant even handle the Jart.

still pissed i missed out on my grand parents set. they had an estate sale and sold them. :x my aunt told me if she would have known i wanted them, she woudl have given them to me. :x :x :x

steel tipped...fuck yeah
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    As longs there's drinks involved, i love competing. Just don't be that serious guy who needs to win or i'm gona laugh in your face.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain Posts: 31,101
    Drinking games:
    Quarters -- very strong
    Anchorman -- very strong
    Foosball -- used to be awesome, now am average to below average
    Asshole - love to play
    Pong -- suck but like to play (too old, Pong was not a drinking game when I was in college)
    RBI Baseball 2 - for NES - best drinking game we invented..1 beer bong for every home run allowed, 1 beer bong for every 2 runs allowed. A 2 run homer was a double beer bong and a Granny was a Triple Beer Bong. We got very good at pitching!
    Flip Cup -- kind of suck but like playing.
    Bowling -- get worse as the night goes on and more drinks go in. Shitty to horrible skills.
    Boccie - like it, average player
    Horseshoes - have a pit in my new place. Memorial Day party with 20 people yesterday and I didnt play a game. I suck and need to practice!
    Jarts -- I have not played that since I was a kid. Damn, I loved that!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • shepshep Posts: 5,761
    Darts - Love to play, not so great at it though. Win the scattered game, regardless of how many beer I've had.
    Cribbage - I peak at about the 4th beer... after that, it's all downhill.
    Cornhole - this is my best drinking game - dead ringer.
    Beer Die - Used to be a tournament champ back in collage... now I avoid the game like the plague as it's a gaurenteed hangover.
    Flip Cup - I could take it or leave it.
    Washers - Just started playing, getting better all the time.
    All board games = yes.

best video game for beers/friends = Super Bomber Man for SNES. awesome. Time bomb, yellow flame, you're toast. :twisted:
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    I am very good at: pool, beer pong, ping pong, asshole
    I am pretty good at: Darts, flip cups, foosball

And yesterday me and my buddy destroyed pretty much everyone at cornhole.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    I am a natural at tiddly winks.

my son almost hit my mom with a horseshoe, he totally hooked it to the left, she was no-where near, all the way on a cement patio on the left.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,669
    Very Good at Bocce, but the "Lawn Bowling" all-terrain variety

Flip Cup Im automatic.

Darts, Billiards, Cornhole I am just OK
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,835
    I did it like this
    I did it like that
    I did it with a Wiffle ball bat
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Went bowling for the first time in like a year in a half yesterday. Started with 3 strikes and ended with a 189. I used to be on a summer bowling league a few years ago. Have about a 160 average.

Sooo...

Bowling: I'm above average.
    Pool: Used to be good in college, now I kinda suck because I rarely play.
    Darts: Awesome...Will destroy anyone in darts.
    Bar shuffleboard: Kinda crappy.
    Ping pong: Awesome. Will destroy anyone in ping pong.
    Beer pong: Awesome. You'll drink a ton playing me! :lol:
    Cornhole: Average
    Flip cup: Average. I can chug pretty good, but my cup skills are just ok.
    Videogames: Awesome...especially RBI Baseball and Tecmo Super Bowl.

Again...I'm best at everything after 2 drinks. :D
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    jarts, im gonna have to look that one up.

i get excited for summertime games.. i realized this weekend that I have a lot of great obstacles in my yard for bocci. not like car up on cinder blocks and shit.. but nice natural contours and grassy areas surrounded by planters and tress, and of course the cat..
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Outside Nationals Park, they have designated Cornhole areas. Cool as hell
  • cubBEE_girlcubBEE_girl Posts: 3,365
    I suck at all these games. I'm a bit klutzy and unfortunately, I perpetuate the "Throw like a girl" stereotype. :fp: :( :fp:

But, I'll play them and still have fun, but nobody would want me on their team. :( :fp: :lol:
    I lost a bet...
    I suck at all these games. I'm a bit klutzy and unfortunately, I perpetuate the "Throw like a girl" stereotype. :fp: :( :fp:

But, I'll play them and still have fun, but nobody would want me on their team. :( :fp: :lol:

you can be on my coo whip team anytime :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

Players willing to enjoy themselves, drink their share & be cool about things should always be welcomed in these types of games. Serious people about this shit should stay in leagues and the like.
    Sometimes getting women to participate is difficult so I for one always appreciated when they joined in and had fun. Some women can play and not even have to drink their fair share. Depends on what they look like. (Sorry, truth!)
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    I like darts. Does anybody stick your feather darts in a potato to keep them moist and sticking in the corkboard? (the darts, not the potato)

I like pool. I'm pretty good for a girl. I can do a bank shot :mrgreen: (and once in a while make it)

horseshoes. I like to think I could play, but what I'm really good at is having the horsehoe hit and run the furtherst away, like 40 feet away under a bush.

cornhole. what the hell is a cornhole?

frisbee If you throw one that's uncatchable, your opponenet gets a point. If you don't catch it (or you don't run as fast as you can to try catching it), your opponent gets a point. game of 21, have to win by 2. In this game, I will probably always win.

Drinking is a necessity for all the above, and music too is a necessity for the frisbee and horseshoes.
  • cubBEE_girlcubBEE_girl Posts: 3,365
    81 wrote:

you can be on my coo whip team anytime :P

that game I'm good at. :lol::lol::lol:
    I lost a bet...
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    mca47 wrote:
    Ping pong: Awesome. Will destroy anyone in ping pong

Incorrect
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,181
    BinFrog wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

Incorrect

The sport is called TABLE TENNIS and I'd give you a game especially if I'm allowed to use my paddle.

Anyone ever try Disc Golf there's a nice 19 hole coarse in Okeeheelee Park on Forrest Hills Blvd in West Palm Beach?

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p wrote:
    BinFrog wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

Incorrect

The sport is called TABLE TENNIS and I'd give you a game especially if I'm allowed to use my paddle.

Anyone ever try Disc Golf there's a nice 19 hole coarse in Okeeheelee Park on Forrest Hills Blvd in West Palm Beach?

Peace
    Loved disc golf way back when I used to play. I never got very good but it was a blast
    g under p wrote:
    BinFrog wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

Incorrect

Peace
    I would have to use my paddle too.

I'm quite awesome. Played in a tourney in college. Took second place out of 120 people.
    BinFrog wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

Incorrect
    Fact!
  • jlaustinjlaustin Posts: 2,355
    greatest game ever invented.[/quote]
    A shining example of how pussified todays society is. They cant even handle the Jart.[/quote]

still pissed i missed out on my grand parents set. they had an estate sale and sold them. :x my aunt told me if she would have known i wanted them, she woudl have given them to me. :x :x :x

steel tipped...fuck yeah[/quote]

We still have my parents' steel tipped Jarts! :thumbup:
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• MaxGoldenrodMaxGoldenrod Posts: 1,341
    Golf

I tend to suck pretty bad

3 or 4 beers in, and I'm hitting it straight, the irons are on fire, and I can't miss a putt.

Any more than 4 beers though, and I start to suck again. Like a bogey would be a shot that would get me to run around the green like a soccer player who just kicked the winning penalty shot in the world cup. It can also become very much like Tin Cup with the amount of balls that are lost in the water and woods.
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?