Graduation season

8181 Posts: 58,276
edited June 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
i keep hearing about 8th grade graduation. is this a new thing or is it just a big city thing? we only did HS in my town
81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    81 wrote:
    i keep hearing about 8th grade graduation. is this a new thing or is it just a big city thing? we only did HS in my town
    These days
    Pre K
    K
    5th
    8th
    HS

Apparently you need to be apllauded more often.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    my youngest will have a 6th grade "moving up" ceremony.

My oldest is graduating from High School

and then I am going to have a big drink
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    You get a graduation! you get a graduation! you get a graduation!

must be the whole "everybody gets a trophy" thing...then when kids graduate HS, they won't give a shit about the whole ceremony.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    I think it's just to sell more caps and gowns. we did 6th & 8th.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • cubBEE_girlcubBEE_girl Posts: 3,365
    I went to Chicago Public Schools and we had a small Kindergarten graduation ceremony, an 8th graduation, and then HS graduation.
    I lost a bet...
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    My 8th grade graduation, was my only graduation.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    we had one and even back then i was like wtf

but now they have proms...PROMS! with tuxedos and shit
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Never had Pre-K and K graduations, just 5th, 8th, and high school. Then next year will be college.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    I need to graduate to a better grade of liquor
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

have you considered jefferson 21?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

You're a genius.
    GoiMTvP.gif
    81 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

I will have to look into that.

myself, I have had three graduations
  • SnakeduckSnakeduck Posts: 1,056
    Abortions should be legal until someone has graduated high school. Clearly, any ceremony taking place prior to that is complete horse shit.
    81 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

You're a genius.

have you tried it? amazing stuff
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Had it Monday...

If you ever make it down here... I have a nice Bourbon tour put together... Including some terrific mixologists.
    GoiMTvP.gif
    roadtrip.
    81 wrote:
    Had it Monday...

If you ever make it down here... I have a nice Bourbon tour put together... Including some terrific mixologists.

have i ever told you, miami is the next vacation destination :lol::lol:

have you tried the wild turkey 14? i've been thinking of picking up a bottle of that next... i really want some of the pappy 23, but it doesn't seem to be in season.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Had it Monday...

have i ever told you, miami is the next vacation destination :lol::lol:

have you tried the wild turkey 14? i've been thinking of picking up a bottle of that next... i really want some of the pappy 23, but it doesn't seem to be in season.
    Yes! Really like... Been doing a lot of rye recently too... Michter's is nice for a change...
    Seriously... We will leave the light on...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Snakeduck wrote:
    Abortions should be legal until someone has graduated high school. Clearly, any ceremony taking place prior to that is complete horse shit.

The world needs drug dealers and strippers
    funny how the graduation thread turned into the bourbon thread :lol:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

kids make me drink
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • SnakeduckSnakeduck Posts: 1,056
    Snakeduck wrote:

The world needs drug dealers and strippers

I do what I can...
    81 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

being awake make me drink

:ugeek:
    norm wrote:
    81 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

being awake make me drink

:ugeek:

would you believe, i've barely touched any booze this entire week?

tonight that will change.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    would you believe, i've barely touched any booze this entire week?

tonight that will change.

:clap::clap:
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    I even think HS graduation is way over the top. It's high school. I don't understand how passing grade 12 became a big deal. Any idiot can do it if they want to.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I even think HS graduation is way over the top. It's high school. I don't understand how passing grade 12 became a big deal. Any idiot can do it if they want to.

well, previously there was no 'graduation' in other grades, so when one finishes 12+ years of school, they make a big deal. Now if a kid just finishes 3 years, he gets a trophy. BFD.

I finished 5 years of hell at a certain cell phone company and got a Waterford crystal bowl...woo. Mr. RK finished 5 years of designing boats and got a basketball... :lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    RKCNDY wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

well, previously there was no 'graduation' in other grades, so when one finishes 12+ years of school, they make a big deal. Now if a kid just finishes 3 years, he gets a trophy. BFD.

I finished 5 years of hell at a certain cell phone company and got a Waterford crystal bowl...woo. Mr. RK finished 5 years of designing boats and got a basketball... :lol:
    Yeah, well kids get prizes for actually losing now, so.... :roll:

A basketball? That's bizarre. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    http://bigstory.ap.org/article/brawl-br ... graduation

...and that's why you should only get to 'graduate' from HS or college... :fp:

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    http://bigstory.ap.org/article/brawl-breaks-out-ohio-kindergarten-graduation

...and that's why you should only get to 'graduate' from HS or college... :fp:

:fp:

I hope I don't make headlines next week. My son's HS graduation is next Friday evening, on the football field outside, unless it rains, then it will be in the gym and each kid gets only 6 tickets if it's inside. We have a possible 9, at least - let the games begin.