Oklahoma tornadoes

2»

Comments

• Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    g under p wrote:
    Drowning in the schools basement.....did it rain that much? There has to be a better way protect people from these terrible storms.

Peace
    I don't know the particulars for this storm but tornadoes come with heavy thunderstorms. Flash flooding is common.

They are very, very scary. We have conditions for tornado weather today in north Texas and people are really on edge.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    sad scary stuff.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Briarwood Elementary School, bottom right in Oklahoma City, before and after
    tumblr_mn5wwgUu0Z1qm4we9o1_r2_400.gif
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    norm wrote:
    Briarwood Elementary School, bottom right in Oklahoma City, before and after
    tumblr_mn5wwgUu0Z1qm4we9o1_r2_400.gif

Wow.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    i heard brick homes & other brick structures were torn to bits. also i heard on the morning news show i was watching that brick homes were ripped apart but somehow the bricks were restacked & toilets were completely ripped out of the bathroom floors

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    Have they found all the missing people yet? I haven't seen the news. I'm waiting on the cable guy.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,181
    What are you to do when the storm goes from a EFo to F4 in TEN MINUTES, that's scary. This is all happening all too frequently.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    I'm so sick of Jake tapper ask victims "how do you start to rebuild?"
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    So very sad... my prayers to all the families
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    norm wrote:
    :-| Talk about bittersweet. I hope the Deputy is good to him.
    Enkidu wrote:
    In the middle of all this awfulness, this story is very sweet.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/2 ... 12226.html

I have watched this video about ten times today and i get all :cry: every damn time. There's a big difference between hearing the stories and actually witnessing the owner find the dog, healthy and unharmed if terribly scared in a pile of rubble. Thankfully the crew was there interviewing the woman.

My 2nd favorite part, aside from the dog reuniting thing at the end, was the way the woman answered the dumbstruck reporter's stupid ass question:
    "Are you able to comprehend yet what's happened here?"
    :scoff: "I know exactly what happened here. Exactly." :roll:
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    more tornadoes right now :(
  • jbarbianjbarbian Posts: 991
    norm wrote:
    more tornadoes right now :(
    Saw this, how scary :(
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Crazy stuff!!
  • donnaruhldonnaruhl Posts: 2,157
    mca47 wrote:
    Crazy stuff!!