Oklahoma tornadoes

normnorm Posts: 31,146
edited May 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/05 ... -city?lite

unbelievable...my thoughts go out to all those affected
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    I am watching on CNN - rescuers digging by hand an elementary school trying to find survivors. horrible
    I can see the kids backpacks still hanging on the wall
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    norm wrote:

Oh man, that is so creepy. I hope they find the children alive in that school.
    now saying it is no longer a rescue, but a recovery....up to two dozen children in the school
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    AP: State medical examiner's office: 37 killed in Oklahoma tornado; death toll expected to rise.
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    My friend just found out her daughter is among the dead.. Please keep the Orton family in your prayers!
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,818
    This is so unbelievable and terrifying. My prayers are with those poor kids and their families. Let there be a miracle and let them be found.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 NYC Global Citizen
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/2/18 Fenway 1 9/4/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    2/4/22 EV Earthlings NYC 2/6/22 EV Earthlings Newark 9/11/22 MSG 9/14/22 Camden
    9/3/24 MSG 1 9/4/24 MSG 2 9/7/24 Philly 1 9/9/24 Philly 2
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    just sad ... :cry::cry:
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    norm wrote:
    Gives you perspective on what a powerful storm it was. Horrific damage and lives lost.
    We are shaping up for a very bad season here in Tornado Alley.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • So sad.

That weather system is heading towards me. I hope its not as powerful.
    ~Carter~

You can spend your time alone, redigesting past regrets, oh
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can't forgive yourself, oh
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense
    - Present Tense
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    My friend just found out her daughter is among the dead.. Please keep the Orton family in your prayers!
    What terrible news! So sorry to hear this.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • donnaruhldonnaruhl Posts: 2,157
    To close to home Whispering Hands. So,So Sorry. Thought's and Prayer's go out to everyone involved.
    This is devastating.
  • oceaninmyeyesoceaninmyeyes Posts: 4,646
    Prayers for your friend and all of the other families who have lost loved ones today. so sorry whispering hands.
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    I have little faith in this. It's an act of nature.

On #wlf #pawcircle... They are trying to find the found pets reunited to owners.

I can only retweet.

All is lost. If you find an animal or ..... Please use twitter.

So many paw-friends are looking for their humoons.

The Humons are seeking their anipals.

@seathestrange I don't know anyone in Oklahoma. But many are lost.

Not knowing is worse than knowing.

Take a picture of the animal. send me a PM or use Twitter #WLF #Pawcircle

No one likes to be lost. :cry:

These friends get the last priority. Most are killed, before they are identified. In society, they are the last.
    people need their pets back.

I don't want to be mushy... but sometimes animals only have each other

np_catdog_480x360.jpg
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    norm wrote:
    I'm speechless as well.
    ELITIST FUK
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    just devastating

whispering hands, my condolences to your friends
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    norm wrote:

Just awful. I understand that some homes have tornado bunkers but do any of the schools have something like that?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Posts: 4,004
    :cry:
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,193
    That sucks poor families to be devastated like that my condolences to all that have been affected ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,181
    This is nature at its worst not affects everyday people but also our animals as well. If I had to choose between hurricane or a tornado.....Ill take a hurricane. It appears tornados can come out of nowhere in the next storm. With Hurricanes you have time to prepare and react to those storms.

Bless all the families and animals affected in this tragedy.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,193
    g under p wrote:
    This is nature at its worst not affects everyday people but also our animals as well. If I had to choose between hurricane or a tornado.....Ill take a hurricane. It appears tornados can come out of nowhere in the next storm. With Hurricanes you have time to prepare and react to those storms.

Bless all the families and animals affected in this tragedy.

Peace

Yes having been thru Sandy i agree Tornadoes are just wicked scary to come from nowwhere and just devastate is fucked ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    JK_Livin wrote:
    norm wrote:

Just awful. I understand that some homes have tornado bunkers but do any of the schools have something like that?
    Yes they did, and unfortunately, some of the children that died ended up drowning in the basement of the school.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    JK_Livin wrote:
    norm wrote:

Yes they did, and unfortunately, some of the children that died ended up drowning in the basement of the school.

Drowning in the schools basement.....did it rain that much? There has to be a better way protect people from these terrible storms.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    JK_Livin wrote:
    norm wrote:

Ugh. I'm sorry I asked.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,423
    just horrible devastation and loss of life. can't even fathom a 2 mile wide path of destruction. a tornado is one thing I hope never have to see up close. God Bless everyone there and hope today is a better day in the Midwest. I know they are calling for more storms.
    pjhawks wrote:
    just horrible devastation and loss of life. can't even fathom a 2 mile wide path of destruction. a tornado is one thing I hope never have to see up close. God Bless everyone there and hope today is a better day in the Midwest. I know they are calling for more storms.

My only experience with a tornado was in North Charleston SC. I was playing basketball by myself when I suddenly noticed it got very quiet. No sounds of birds, nothing no nature activity at all except for what sounded like the roar of a train. I was playing in a lower lying area so walked up top of a hill looked around only to see this large funnel cloud with debri flying about on the ground. This was 1976 I jumped on my bike and flew home, I told my mother but already knew what was happening. We hunkered down in the bathroom tub of our apartment.

Luckily it missed us but still took of many shingles off our roof...we were very lucky. The scariest thing was the sound....there's nothing like it.

Peace

• EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    In the middle of all this awfulness, this story is very sweet.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/2 ... 12226.html
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,818
    it really is so sad. as a parent, I send my kids to school assuming that they are safe. lately seems that there are too many reminders that tomorrow can't be depended on. My prayers for those affected by this terrible storm.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 NYC Global Citizen
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/2/18 Fenway 1 9/4/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    2/4/22 EV Earthlings NYC 2/6/22 EV Earthlings Newark 9/11/22 MSG 9/14/22 Camden
    9/3/24 MSG 1 9/4/24 MSG 2 9/7/24 Philly 1 9/9/24 Philly 2