Your tips for avoiding negative people and conversations

2»

Comments

• STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    Snakeduck wrote:
    What you do is take their natural negativity and respond in a way that is ten times more negative and see if they really want to play. So, when a co-worker is complaining about someone just respond with, “Fuck, I know. Last week I was gonna curb stomp that motherfucker’s skull into the sidewalk until I was splashing around in his brains and then I was gonna set the douchebag’s house on fire while his wife and kid were still sleeping. Motherfucker anyway…”

:nono: This is not a good way to handle jerks at work. A very bad way to never get a good referral for another job.

Is any of this helping you Justam? PM me, if you want advice on a certain issue. I've dealt with many difficult people. I learned to deal with it in a proper way and I've also dealt with it the worst way.

I've been able to make peace, and I hope I can hear your true issue and give you a fair opinion.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    STAYSEA wrote:
    Snakeduck wrote:
    What you do is take their natural negativity and respond in a way that is ten times more negative and see if they really want to play. So, when a co-worker is complaining about someone just respond with, “Fuck, I know. Last week I was gonna curb stomp that motherfucker’s skull into the sidewalk until I was splashing around in his brains and then I was gonna set the douchebag’s house on fire while his wife and kid were still sleeping. Motherfucker anyway…”

:nono: This is not a good way to handle jerks at work. A very bad way to never get a good referral for another job.

Is any of this helping you Justam? PM me, if you want advice on a certain issue. I've dealt with many difficult people. I learned to deal with it in a proper way and I've also dealt with it the worst way.

I've been able to make peace, and I hope I can hear your true issue and give you a fair opinion.
    staysea, it is very humorous i think. i like it a lot actually. i want snakeduck to write kids books & tell me bedtime stories
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    justam wrote:
    rollings wrote:
    I make this face and hold it. It usually works to halt most conversations.

this face

~

:sick:
    It doesn't seem like it'd be good for a career or general acquaintance management though. :geek:
    "it doesn't seem like it'd be good for a career"

that is your final answer, yes?

to be honest i can't believe what im reading. i guess that's why we're all individuals in this world

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    chadwick wrote:
    Snakeduck wrote:

I like it a lot actually. i want snakeduck to write kids books & tell me bedtime stories

Then you 2 should get together and have a pajama party :D

I'll send cookies.
    STAYSEA wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    Snakeduck wrote:

I like it a lot actually. i want snakeduck to write kids books & tell me bedtime stories

Then you 2 should get together and have a pajama party :D

I'll send cookies.
    i don't eat cookies unless they got grass in 'em. also, overly nice people irritate me

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    RKCNDY wrote:
    In a work situation, people usually start to figure out if you're not interested in gossip and they won't come to you with it. Gossip only thrives if people are willing to share it and I'm not. I tend to be the last person to know anything about anybody.

When people would come to me to bitch about someone, I would ask them, "Have you tried talking to that person? Maybe they don't know they are affecting you like that" So they turned on me, and started making up shit and gossiping about me.

Nice people finish last. :|
    Yeah, I've had that happen to me too. I also will tell people that if they've really got a problem with someone else, they need to work it out with the other person. Most people don't want to hear that because it means they'd actually have to do something about the problem. :roll:

I've been gossiped about, probably even more than I know. There's nothing I can do about it, for the most part. You can't control what other people say or think about you, unless you have an opportunity to confront the original source and tell them to STFU. It's very unpleasant and sometimes hurtful but the people who are my friends will stay my friends.

This kind of stuff has been going on since I was teenager. Kind of pathetic that it still happens.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    quick question...

do you think construction workers, steel workers, seamen, gossip back & forth about one another? I've never had but one of those jobs, construction worker. not any time ever in my life at a job did anyone ever gossip negatively behind another's back all talkin smack. men working are men working. office type work i believe is something altogether different especially when women are involved

truck drivers give each shit over the radio & it is the funniest shit ever... they be arguing up a storm & sooooo mad it is hilarious

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    chadwick wrote:
    justam wrote:
    rollings wrote:
    I make this face and hold it. It usually works to halt most conversations.

this face

~

:sick:
    It doesn't seem like it'd be good for a career or general acquaintance management though. :geek:
    "it doesn't seem like it'd be good for a career"

that is your final answer, yes?

to be honest i can't believe what im reading. i guess that's why we're all individuals in this world

Chadwick, rollings was suggesting to put on a face like this as her advice to me. I thought it was a joke of course but what I said was a response AS IF she had intended it to be serious advice. (For, that's what I was asking for.)

I was asking for real suggestions because I have a professional career and have to work with people who require careful handling sometimes.

I value my job too much to do stupid shit like make faces or be rude to people.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    STAYSEA wrote:
    Snakeduck wrote:

Staysea, I'll send you a pm.

The few people who were giving earnest advice were indeed helpful! :)

The other suggestions I think were meant to derail the thread perhaps. I don't really know. :geek:
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • KC138045KC138045 Posts: 2,716
    Check out the AET since The Porch is a bitch fest tonight. :)
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
    KC138045 wrote:

:D
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    KC138045 wrote:
    I thought it always is. :think:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."