The Will to Live.

2»

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    chadwick wrote:
    if those three victims wish to confront this monster with bricks, fire, axes & razors then so be it. if they wish to avoid such stuff so be it.

it should be up to them...solely

or am i out of my mind & cruel? eye for an eye works, not in all cases but in some. i still am praying someone somewhere blows his head off
    Well, luckily that's not the kind of law we have here. We live in a society where violent torture is illegal (let's not get into the Guantanamo Bay type of discussion ;) ), and that keeps us civilized, and living where people aren't lynched in the streets.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    if those three victims wish to confront this monster with bricks, fire, axes & razors then so be it. if they wish to avoid such stuff so be it.

or am i out of my mind & cruel? eye for an eye works, not in all cases but in some. i still am praying someone somewhere blows his head off
    Well, luckily that's not the kind of law we have here. We live in a society where violent torture is illegal (let's not get into the Guantanamo Bay type of discussion ;) ), and that keeps us civilized, and living where people aren't lynched in the streets.
    although some totally deserve & should be strung up on main street

i'd think it is a deterrent like nobodies business
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

although some totally deserve & should be strung up on main street

i'd think it is a deterrent like nobodies business
    You'd think, but it doesn't seem to make other societies that still do shit like this any better (torture or lynch people) .... quite the opposite. Plus, studies have shown that deterrents don't work.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    a monster should die by the hands of the people or person they abused. simple mathematics, the common law of physics & the universe. makes all the sense in the world we live in

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    a monster should die by the hands of the people or person they abused. simple mathematics, the common law of physics & the universe. makes all the sense in the world we live in
    There is absolutely nothing in history or current times that suggests that would do anything but harm to our society (and nothing suggesting that it would actually help victims either). I understand that people are vengeful beings, but that doesn't mean that it's the right thing to do.
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    There is absolutely nothing in history or current times that suggests that would do anything but harm to our society (and nothing suggesting that it would actually help victims either). I understand that people are vengeful beings, but that doesn't mean that it's the right thing to do.
    then you & yours deal w/ him.

goodnight. it has been a long day on these boards & I am done for now. out like an exit sign

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce