The Will to Live.

SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,424
edited May 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Those poor girls spent 10 years in hell.

10 YEARS!

I just cant imagine.
Take me piece by piece.....
Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    You know, I was thinking, if I was in that girls shoes -- the girl who escaped -- I'd have a tough time deciding between escaping, and finding a huge butcher knife and filleting Castro when he returned home. I assume he left the house when she escaped? Probably much smarter to escape, but I'd be sooooo tempted to get my revenge on that animal.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Survivalism (getting the fuck OUT) - I think that supercedes the immediate need / want for vengeance.

He will get his and then some, I do believe.
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    I know, I was thinking about this the other night. The fear alone of being caught escaping would probably paralyze me. That young woman is very brave in my book.

Also, I was thinking, what has happened in my life during those 10 years that they were locked away?

The dozens of PJ shows I've been to since 2004, they were locked up. I was out at concerts, and they were locked up.

I was getting up and going to work everyday, and enjoying my life, and they were locked up.

The world went on, so much changed, and yet their life stayed the same for 10 years.

it's sickening.

I hope they are able to move on over time.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    You know, I was thinking, if I was in that girls shoes -- the girl who escaped -- I'd have a tough time deciding between escaping, and finding a huge butcher knife and filleting Castro when he returned home. I assume he left the house when she escaped? Probably much smarter to escape, but I'd be sooooo tempted to get my revenge on that animal.

in a perfect world those women would have their shot at him; they deserve to be allowed to administer agonizing & lethal blows to this maniac. in chadwick land those three women hold the axes & hammers for this prick to bleed on & die from. if our judicial system was geared in this fashion we'd be on the right track to healing & have a huge decline in crime brutality.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Posts: 3,635
    No one can possibly imagine nor even begin to understand what kind of insanity took place in that house.

The resiliency of human beings, the survival instinct which takes over is equally as astonishing and truly beyond my comprehension. Those poor women deserve nothing but peace.
    Nice shirt.
    No one can possibly imagine nor even begin to understand what kind of insanity took place in that house.

The resiliency of human beings, the survival instinct which takes over is equally as astonishing and truly beyond my comprehension. Those poor women deserve nothing but peace.
    i can imagine what went on

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    I support an eye for an eye.
  • SnakeduckSnakeduck Posts: 1,056
    CBG and Small Town Beck survived my basement and acid mine for over ten years before they escaped. Talk about the will to live...
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,193
    How many others like her are in captivity as we speak and let's not be naive and say no there can't be anyothers like this monster .....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    How many others like her are in captivity as we speak and let's not be naive and say no there can't be anyothers like this monster .....
    thousands

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,805
    Prosecutors are sontemplating charging with a seperate charge fro each day all three were held, in additon to 4 counts of murder for the forced miscarriages. As seperate charges for each assualt both physical and sexual.

They are saying thousands of charges against him.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • SnakeduckSnakeduck Posts: 1,056
    chadwick wrote:
    thousands

If people could really see into the darkest corners of another human's mind, they would realize that we are surrounded by sociopaths with this potential on a daily basis. It just takes a final breaking point that is often times triggered by opportunity.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Prosecutors are sontemplating charging with a seperate charge fro each day all three were held, in additon to 4 counts of murder for the forced miscarriages. As seperate charges for each assualt both physical and sexual.

might be tough to convicit him of murder...guess that would depend on when the miscarriages happened....as a juror, i don't think i could vote guilty on those.

seems like it would be difficult to convict of a daily charge. gotta be some precident out there regarding kidnappings

even with minimal charges, they should have more than enough to keep him in prison until he is dead.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Snakeduck wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    thousands

If people could really see into the darkest corners of another human's mind, they would realize that we are surrounded by sociopaths with this potential on a daily basis. It just takes a final breaking point that is often times triggered by opportunity.

there was an interesting article in the WSJ a few sat ago about people that commit crimes like this and how thier brian works. anyways, they new it was wrong, but they didn't have the i feel bad about this going on. good read
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,805
    81 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

might be tough to convicit him of murder...guess that would depend on when the miscarriages happened....as a juror, i don't think i could vote guilty on those.

seems like it would be difficult to convict of a daily charge. gotta be some precident out there regarding kidnappings

even with minimal charges, they should have more than enough to keep him in prison until he is dead.
    no doubt. these women have a lot of healing to do. Hopefully they can be afforded the help to do so.

Media needs to leave them the fuck alone. Whatever info gets out should be given on their terms.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Snakeduck wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    thousands

most people are naïve

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    is there an avenue for compensation? ... i would think that all their assets would be liquidated and the money given to them ... but is there another avenue?
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    I know, I was thinking about this the other night. The fear alone of being caught escaping would probably paralyze me. That young woman is very brave in my book.

Also, I was thinking, what has happened in my life during those 10 years that they were locked away?

The dozens of PJ shows I've been to since 2004, they were locked up. I was out at concerts, and they were locked up.

I was getting up and going to work everyday, and enjoying my life, and they were locked up.

The world went on, so much changed, and yet their life stayed the same for 10 years.

it's sickening.

I hope they are able to move on over time.
    I keep thinking about this too. How the world kept on moving while they were stuck in this hell. The events that have happened, the technology that's changed. How their family and friends had to go on with their lives.

The adjustment will be HUGE. Yet I admire them more than I can say for surviving. Could I have done that in those circumstances? I'd like to think so but I don't know.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,365
    CLEVELAND COURAGE FUND: Donations accepted for Michelle Knight, Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus
    Drop off gifts at First or Second Districts

Michelle Knight, Gina DeJesus, Amanda Berry
    Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast,
    Coverage: Missing Cleveland women found

Posted: 8:25 AM
    Last Updated: 6 hours and 44 minutes ago
    By: NewsChannel5 Staff
    CLEVELAND - Two funds were set up this week to help the three young women and 6-year-old child rescued this week from a west side Cleveland home.
    The Cleveland Courage Fund of the Cleveland Foundation was established by Cleveland council members Brian Cummins, Matt Zone, and Dona Brady to benefit kidnapping survivors Gina DeJesus, Michelle Knight, and Amanda Berry and her daughter.
    Donations to the fund will go to qualified nonprofit organizations to benefit the survivors and their families.
    Under IRS rules, when funds are donated directly to individuals, the recipients must pay taxes on that money. The survivors and their families do not need to pay taxes on services received from nonprofits.
    The Cleveland Foundation will not assess fees on this fund, so all money raised will go to help survivors and their families. Donors can give online at clevelandfoundation.org\courage .
    Donations may also be mailed to:
    Cleveland Courage Fund
    c/o the Cleveland Foundation
    1422 Euclid Ave., Suite 1300
    Cleveland, Ohio 44115
    The Cleveland Foundation will issue a tax receipt for all donations received.
    The Cleveland Courage Fund at Key Bank is a separate fund, not affiliated with the Cleveland Foundation. This fund, too, will benefit survivors and their families through nonprofit organizations. People can personally drop off donations at any Key branch in Northeast Ohio or nationwide.
    For both accounts, the council members are working with other community leaders to identify nonprofit organizations that can provide the flexibility to maximize the benefits to survivors and their families.
    Cards and Gifts:
    Cleveland police said the outpouring of support for Berry, DeJesus and Knight has been overwhelming and greatly appreciated.
    They are asking that in order to give the women their privacy, that people not drop off cards or gifts at their homes.
    Gifts for Amanda Berry, excluding cash, can be dropped off at the First District, located at 3895 West 130th Street in Cleveland.
    Cards and Gifts for Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight, excluding cash, can be dropped off at the Second District, located at 3418 Fulton Road. Please clearly mark packages with the girl’s names and “Care of Commander Sulzer”.

Read more: http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/local_ ... z2Sv2Pfj9r
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419

I thought the exact same thing. The desire to hurt him would be overwhelming. But like you said it was smarter to go ahead and escape instead of taking a chance. Also, I'm sure it would have been very difficult for someone so young who had been under total control by that man to have made a stand.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    Yes, it's incredible (and horrifying) that they made it that long... goes to show that humans have a major imperative to survive. I'm surprised none of them killed themselves somehow.

I am wondering about the psychological welfare of the 6 year old.... and the son of the oldest woman; he was also a product of rape. She apparently wants to reunite with him.... I wonder if he's been raised by one family or what? If so, that could be very, very disturbing for him and his adoptive or foster family .... So many victims, it's really really sad.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,423
    was thinking about this myself. amazing. i think i'd give up hope at some point. and for Amanda to escape and still be cognizant enough to give her full name and how long she was held for i find pretty amazing. gotta think after that long of time your mind would start playing tricks on you but she seemed so aware. damn strong women there for sure.
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    In addition to all the things that have changed since they were each kidnapped, their families and friends lives have most likely changed drastically as well. It's going to be a LOT of adjustment for each of them for sure. But I was also thinking, in addition to all the therapy as well as physical health care they're going to need, two of those girls were in middle school when they got captured weren't they? So it's two women in their early twenties with less than a 9th grade education level - plus traumatic torture in lieu of high school experience.... there's going to be some significant social skills deficiencies in each of those girls, AND they're going to have to get G.E.Ds, which means they'll have to do community college (at first anyway) .... I'm not trying to sound callous or anything I'm just kind of marvelling at how even after surviving that monster for ten years their ordeal is not over..... what that doushelord did is going to continue to affect their lives for several more years, assuming they can get well enough to reintegrate back into society. The older one will have problems too because i think she was abducted around 20, so educational levels aside she's got a ten year gap on her resume now. i realize there's a shit-ton of more urgent and important stuff that they gotta take care of first, but later on they are still going be struggling as a result of this. What's going to happen to them in 20 years? How are they going to be able to support themselves? and that 6 year old child! holy fucking hell! she's probably never even seen another kid!!!!!!! :fp: :evil: :evil: :evil: if I were a judge I'd sentence that fucker to be tortured within an inch of his life by those girls and their families. and then put into the prison infirmary. until he's stable. Lather, Rinse, Repeat.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    chadwick wrote:

in a perfect world those women would have their shot at him; they deserve to be allowed to administer agonizing & lethal blows to this maniac. in chadwick land those three women hold the axes & hammers for this prick to bleed on & die from. if our judicial system was geared in this fashion we'd be on the right track to healing & have a huge decline in crime brutality.

chadwick for president!!!

It's too bad time and money will be wasted on this guy going through the legal process. They should just execute this sick fuck.
    chadwick wrote:

chadwick for president!!!

It's too bad time and money will be wasted on this guy going through the legal process. They should just execute this sick fuck.
    Even if I were one of those women, I would never be able to torture anyone or anything. Ever. Bloodlust does not heal souls. On the contrary.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    it is not bloodlust at all. what it is is right and that is all. it is the rawest & straightest form of karma we have. it is self defense. it is finally giving those gals the opportunity to confront their very own personal monster they never ever asked for but instead the monster captured them & forced himself into their lives & harmed them in ways most cannot comprehend

sure they should be allowed to smash his skull in

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    LloydXmas wrote:
    I support an eyed for an eyed.

fixed
    chadwick wrote:
    it is not bloodlust at all. what it is is right and that is all. it is the rawest & straightest form of karma we have. it is self defense. it is finally giving those gals the opportunity to confront their very own personal monster they never ever asked for but instead the monster captured them & forced himself into their lives & harmed them in ways most cannot comprehend

sure they should be allowed to smash his skull in
    I know you feel this way, and you know I don't, so that's settled. ;) I don't believe in an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, a life for a life. I think it's a barbaric concept. And I don't think that kind of a confrontation would be helpful to those victims. Such actions make detached onlookers satisfied, not the actual victims.
    if those three victims wish to confront this monster with bricks, fire, axes & razors then so be it. if they wish to avoid such stuff so be it.

it should be up to them...solely

or am i out of my mind & cruel? eye for an eye works, not in all cases but in some. i still am praying someone somewhere blows his head off

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    Snakeduck wrote:
    CBG and Small Town Beck survived my basement and acid mine for over ten years before they escaped. Talk about the will to live...
    Wait...You're back?!?!?!?! Awwww Snakeduck! You can hold me captive any day :wave:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"