Vacation next week. My attempt at landscaping.

Comments

• justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    I hope you have been taking pictures as this project progresses. :geek:
    :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,424
    justam wrote:
    I have a before pic.
    And a pic of the Gazebo, in pieces, laying on my concrete slab.

:lol::lol::lol:
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    This is what I am going for.
    But only going to go 2-3 high on the brick border.

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=landscap ... 139&ty=104
    justam wrote:
    I have a before pic.
    And a pic of the Gazebo, in pieces, laying on my concrete slab.

:lol:
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    Tomorrow I'm starting to clear out the side yard (which is totally overgrown) so I can plant the orange tree. The boys gave me one for Mother's Day so I need to get it into the ground! :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    justam wrote:
    Tomorrow I'm starting to clear out the side yard (which is totally overgrown) so I can plant the orange tree. The boys gave me one for Mother's Day so I need to get it into the ground! :)
    Nice!
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,818
    Vacations spent landscaping are all too familiar over here too. Last summer we (really I) recreated the front yard by building a 5 foot by 30 foot bed to border the driveway. I had to build up the border of the bed about 3 feet in some places to make the bed level with the driveway because the lot slopes down toward the street. Then fill in with I can't remember how much top soil (a lot). We had beautiful bushes planted that will eventually become a privacy hedge (that's the only part I didn't do myself bc I'm sure I would have killed them). The bushes survived the winter and are currently blooming beautifully. Today we started a new much smaller project. Had to remove two bushes that are half dead to clear out another bed for flowers. I never saw hubby come off the couch so quick as this afternoon when I suggested hooking up the bushes to his car to pull them out easily. :lol: poor thing needs a truck but the camry still got the job done. :lol: fun times. Hope your project continues to go well. I bet you felt an amazing sense of satisfaction at bringing down the gazebo.

:D Jen
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 NYC Global Citizen
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/2/18 Fenway 1 9/4/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    2/4/22 EV Earthlings NYC 2/6/22 EV Earthlings Newark 9/11/22 MSG 9/14/22 Camden
    9/3/24 MSG 1 9/4/24 MSG 2 9/7/24 Philly 1 9/9/24 Philly 2
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    this is rewarding work and an orange tree ... sweet! 8-)

I planted a peach tree in our last yard. I would love to see how big it got in 20 years.
    The best part of gardening, watching it grow :D
    Well, the garbage guys who pick up all the lawn shit will be here in about 10 minutes. They aren't going to be to happy with what I have for them. :lol::lol::lol::lol: But I will buy them lunch. Then its off to Menards for some mulch. Finish this shit up, and go find my fishing poles.
    Moving right along.... :lol::lol:

I now am the proud owner of a fire pit.
    I outlined the little area with pavers and had a nice little fire going tonight.
    Tomorrow or Wednesday I will dig out the area, throw in some gravel, toss in some sand, and put those pavers in place.

And of course the garden bed isn't complete, because I was short 2 bags of mulch!
    But its 97.9% complete.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280

I outlined the little area with pavers and had a nice little fire going tonight.
    Tomorrow or Wednesday I will dig out the area, throw in some gravel, toss in some sand, and put those pavers in place.

And of course the garden bed isn't complete, because I was short 2 bags of mulch!
    But its 97.9% complete.

Where the hell are the pictures?
    I'd prefer before and after, but I guess "after" is ok.

I like the fire pit idea! :thumbup:
    pandora wrote:
    this is rewarding work and an orange tree ... sweet! 8-)

I planted a peach tree in our last yard. I would love to see how big it got in 20 years.
    The best part of gardening, watching it grow :D

Yes, I love the way the yard develops as time passes. (Even though my hands hurt from weeding and trimming so much today!) ;)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    mca47 wrote:

But its 97.9% complete.

Where the hell are the pictures?
    I'd prefer before and after, but I guess "after" is ok.

I like the fire pit idea! :thumbup:
    The fire pit is really no big deal. We bought a $200 pit, and I put pavers down, 4ft x4ft. It right now is sitting in the middle of the yard, but im not sure, we may move it in the next couple days.

Kind of funny though. Working nights I really have never spent any time in my yard for the last 3 summers. Today as we were sitting by the fire and just talking, I looked at her and said, "So tell me you are really going to miss that butt ugly GAZEBO!"

She just laughed.

I should have tore that fucking eyesore down, the 1st week we moved in.
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Next Chicago PJ party at Speedy's! Kathy's gonna hit all of us with her frying pan :lol:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Next Chicago PJ party at Speedy's! Kathy's gonna hit all of us with her frying pan :lol:

She will kick us all right in our FAT ASSES!
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Agreed!
    I'll pass out next to the fire pit.
    I don't mind.

And since you destroyed the gazebo, we won't have to knock it down....and probably have the neighbors call the cops.

Well, gazebo or not, the cops will probably come! :lol:
    :lol: haha Speedy you realize we're doing this whether you invite us or not!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    mca47 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Agreed!
    I don't mind.

And since you destroyed the gazebo, we won't have to knock it down....and probably have the neighbors call the cops.

I may try to have a few people over that Saturday after Wrigley.
    Im still not sure though.

We will see.
    mca47 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Agreed!
    I don't mind.

I may try to have a few people over that Saturday after Wrigley.
    Im still not sure though.

We will see.
    Does anyone here actually know where you live?

Could be trouble! :lol:

After drinking all day, sweating our asses off at Wrigley in July..."Speedy's place" is going to sound fun!
    Shit, we may BUILD a gazebo just for shits in order to knock it down.
    Yep.

I'm going to order up some lumber for drunken gazebo-building! :lol::lol::lol:
    mca47 wrote:

After drinking all day, sweating our asses off at Wrigley in July..."Speedy's place" is going to sound fun!
    Yep.

We could spend the day getting liquored up, and discussing how bad our seats were for Wrigley.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    mca47 wrote:

Yep.

We could spend the day getting liquored up, and discussing how bad our seats were for Wrigley.

And how much better the Cindy setlist was!

Sign me breasts Brucey!!!
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Fuck Cindy?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Fuck Cindy?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Hahahaha damn this phone!

That Cindy ruins everything!
    mca47 wrote:

Yep.

I think that's a given!
    Pretty sure whereever we are, we'll be watching a screen....again....from a mile away....again!

That's ok. I had more fun the second night PJ20 being a mile away! :lol:
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Posts: 3,635
    The warm summer nights spent in my outdoor living room are simply enchanting, there is nothing like it.
    All of the hard work, back aches and bee stings are quickly forgotten.

Glad you are making progress Speedy.

Such a rewarding venture :P
    Nice shirt.
    Coffee is brewing, turkey bacon will be sizzling soon. Add a couple poached eggs and an English muffin, and its the start of a good day. :P :P

30-45 minutes of work in the yard, then it is time to just lay out in the sun for a few hours.
    Lunch with my folks.
    Cubs game with Kathy.

Today is going to be a BIG DAY!
    :lol::lol:

I could get used to this vacation shit!
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Coffee is brewing, turkey bacon will be sizzling soon. Add a couple poached eggs and an English muffin, and its the start of a good day. :P :P

30-45 minutes of work in the yard, then it is time to just lay out in the sun for a few hours.
    Lunch with my folks.
    Cubs game with Kathy.

Its windy today..Be carefull a big gust of wind doesnt blow sorianos spit on you from the batters box..he spits 100 times a minute...30-45 min??..take it easy bud!! :D
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
    Wma31394 wrote:

Lunch with my folks.
    Cubs game with Kathy.

Its windy today..Be carefull a big gust of wind doesnt blow sorianos spit on you from the batters box..he spits 100 times a minute...30-45 min??..take it easy bud!! :D

Just finishing off what I started 3 days ago.
    Its time for a couple days of rest and fun.
  • guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396

Nothing like the satisfaction of a job well done :clap:

Have a drink on me & enjoy the rest of your vacation :mrgreen:
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!

I think it's amazing you could complete your project in three days. :D

Congratulations!!
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&