Options

I am convinced Gaslight Anthem is the opener...

2»

Comments

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    dlymnfld wrote:
    They just cancelled a bunch of dates for "personal" reasons so I doubt it.

you sure about that? i havent seen that anywhere
  • Options
    dlymnflddlymnfld CT Posts: 917
    Mountain Jam festival just posted it a few minutes ago.
    Springfield 4/6/94, Boston 4/6/94, Hartford 10/2/96, New York 9/11/98, Hartford 9/13/98, Mansfield 8/30/00, Boston 9/28/04, Reading 10/1/04, Quebec City 9/20/05, Boston 5/24/06, Hartford 5/13/06, New York 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08 Philadelphia 10/31/09, Hartford 10/15/10,
    Boston 10/17/10, East Troy 9/3/11, East Troy 9/4/11, Missoula 9/30/12, Worcester 10/15/13, Hartford 10/25/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13,
    St. Paul 10/19/14, New York 9/26/15, Quebec City 5/5/16, Boston 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18, Boston 9/4/18, Quebec City 9/1/22, Camden 9/14/22, Oklahoma City 9/20/22 
  • Options
    my2hands wrote:
    dlymnfld wrote:
    They just cancelled a bunch of dates for "personal" reasons so I doubt it.

you sure about that? i havent seen that anywhere

Lineup update: We're really sorry to announce that THE GASLIGHT ANTHEM has had to cancel their appearance at Mountain Jam as well as a bunch of their other tour dates in June due to personal reasons.
    19 minutes ago
    Springfield 4/6/94, Boston 4/6/94, Hartford 10/2/96, New York 9/11/98, Hartford 9/13/98, Mansfield 8/30/00, Boston 9/28/04, Reading 10/1/04, Quebec City 9/20/05, Boston 5/24/06, Hartford 5/13/06, New York 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08 Philadelphia 10/31/09, Hartford 10/15/10,
    Boston 10/17/10, East Troy 9/3/11, East Troy 9/4/11, Missoula 9/30/12, Worcester 10/15/13, Hartford 10/25/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13,
    St. Paul 10/19/14, New York 9/26/15, Quebec City 5/5/16, Boston 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18, Boston 9/4/18, Quebec City 9/1/22, Camden 9/14/22, Oklahoma City 9/20/22 
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    my2hands wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:
    PJ does have a history of some pretty awful opening bands, so you may just be right.

what would be a short list of openers you would like to see?

Preferably none, but there are no bands that really pop out as a great opener for PJ or anybody for that matter. They've had a few that were tolerable, but overall I go to see the main act and I've never seen an opener for any band that would make me rethink that stance. The crowd is never really into it and they're abbreviated sets so even if they got a good opener it wouldn't be the greatest experience. If it's a band I enjoy enough to wanna go see, I'd prefer just seeing them on their own tour.

Band of Horses were good and PJ has had a few others that were tolerable, but I think out of the 10 non-PJ20 shows I've seen only a couple had openers that at least kept me in my seat. Bad Religion, Sonic Youth and Ted Leo had me runnin for cover.
  • Options
    rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    dlymnfld wrote:
    Mountain Jam festival just posted it a few minutes ago.

Nothing on TGA website. This from Mountain Jam Fesitval

Lineup update: We're really sorry to announce that THE GASLIGHT ANTHEM has had to cancel their appearance at Mountain Jam as well as a bunch of their other tour dates in June due to personal reasons.
    30 minutes ago.

Hopefully they just need a break. They have been touring a lot lately.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:
    my2hands wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:
    PJ does have a history of some pretty awful opening bands, so you may just be right.

Preferably none, but there are no bands that really pop out as a great opener for PJ or anybody for that matter. They've had a few that were tolerable, but overall I go to see the main act and I've never seen an opener for any band that would make me rethink that stance. The crowd is never really into it and they're abbreviated sets so even if they got a good opener it wouldn't be the greatest experience. If it's a band I enjoy enough to wanna go see, I'd prefer just seeing them on their own tour.

Band of Horses were good and PJ has had a few others that were tolerable, but I think out of the 10 non-PJ20 shows I've seen only a couple had openers that at least kept me in my seat. Bad Religion, Sonic Youth and Ted Leo had me runnin for cover.

KOL were a good opener. They were more loved then than now.
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:
    my2hands wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:

The most disappointing for me was My Morning Jacket. I had listened to some of their stuff already and heard great things. They were good but really boring. I just remember drifting off staring into space for like 10 minutes straight during their set. Not bad just not exactly what an opening band should be. Now Bad Religion on the other...
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    DewieCox wrote:

agreed. the last time i really enjoyed and looked forward to a pearl jam opener was ben harper. the dismemberment plan opened all of their european 2000 shows and while i never saw them, i downloaded one of their albums and really enjoyed it.

the weak opening trend seemed to have been kicked off by sleater kinney in 2003. downhill from there. maybe ed should just stop asking his friends to open and actually book a decent act.
  • Options
    Supergrass sucked ass in 2000. Sleater Kinney sucked in 2003, Sonic Youth/Bad Religion was cool in 2006, Death Cab sucked too whenever that was ??
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,648
    if it is gaslight anthem that doesn't bode well for texas.... as the band just passed through here last week, prior to this cancellation announcement...

sigh.... looks like it will be business as usual on the east coast again... :roll:

on the plus side of things, gaslight was good last week.

Them and matt mays for a $25 ticket - can't beat that price. :D
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    Gaslight Anthem will not be the tour support so have no worries. This is simply someones pipe dream- :nono:
  • Options
    vercemanverceman Posts: 680
    Definitely not Gaslight. Many of their June dates have been postponed until September.

Unless Pearl Jam is playing at places like The NorVa in Virginia and Lupos Heartbreak Hotel in Rhode Island, we won't see these acts together in September.
  • Options
    verceman wrote:
    Definitely not Gaslight. Many of their June dates have been postponed until September.

Unless Pearl Jam is playing at places like The NorVa in Virginia and Lupos Heartbreak Hotel in Rhode Island, we won't see these acts together in September.

True but their dates are only through mid September. We dont yet know when PJ is starting their tour. It could be end of September.

I still think it will be X though. I wish you were right.
  • Options
    verceman wrote:

True but their dates are only through mid September. We dont yet know when PJ is starting their tour. It could be end of September.

Good Point. Maybe X will be with Pearl Jam in September, and then Gaslight in October/November? Could be!
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    DewieCox wrote:

:lol::lol::lol:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    verceman wrote:
    verceman wrote:

Good Point. Maybe X will be with Pearl Jam in September, and then Gaslight in October/November? Could be!

You have me getting worked up about this possibility now. X keeps saying SEPTEMBER US Tour, but we know Pearl Jam is wrapping up (at least the first leg of) their tour in early November. So maybe Gaslight could be playing dates in October with Pearl Jam, especially since as someone mentioned they are on the VooDoo Fest bill with Pearl Jam, and X is not.
  • Options
    verceman wrote:
    verceman wrote:

You have me getting worked up about this possibility now. X keeps saying SEPTEMBER US Tour, but we know Pearl Jam is wrapping up (at least the first leg of) their tour in early November. So maybe Gaslight could be playing dates in October with Pearl Jam, especially since as someone mentioned they are on the VooDoo Fest bill with Pearl Jam, and X is not.

Dont get your hopes up. You are setting yourself up for disappointment.
  • Options
    I heard Gaslight is going to be playing outside the venues as the PJ cover band before the shows.
  • Options
    I heard Gaslight is going to be playing outside the venues as the PJ cover band before the shows.

That would be even cooler.
  • Options
    Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,495
    Gaslight has a very interesting gap of dates between their September shows and Voodoo. Just sayin'
  • Options
    Gaslight has a very interesting gap of dates between their September shows and Voodoo. Just sayin'

With Soundgarden playing Europe for most of September, I guess X's September US Tour is with someone else.
  • Options
    verceman wrote:

With Soundgarden playing Europe for most of September, I guess X's September US Tour is with someone else.

as will be Gaslight Anthem's......
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,945
    still a very good possibility for this since X and Gary Clark Jr. are a no go. Gaslight's schedule is still open in Oct. and they will be at Voodoo Fest w/ Pearl Jam.

If not Gaslight, I would love to see Black Rebel Motorcycle Club open up for them. their schedule is also open during that time frame :D
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    _rebekka__rebekka_ Posts: 6
    I talked to Benny, Gaslight's drummer last weekend and he said that they stop touring in september to work on the new album. The Voodoo festival is just one off date.

Would love to see them open for PJ tho! Would be my dream combination...
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,720
    _rebekka_ wrote:
    I talked to Benny, Gaslight's drummer last weekend and he said that they stop touring in september to work on the new album. The Voodoo festival is just one off date.

good to hear there will be a new record quickly in the works
  • Options
    DS107374DS107374 Posts: 92
    DewieCox wrote:

I agree with part of this statement...
    Randall's Island, NY 9/29/96; Camden, NJ 9/2/00; Philadelphia, PA 10/3/05; East Rutherford, NJ 6/1/06; Virginia Beach, VA 6/17/08; Camden, NJ 6/19/08; Philadelphia, PA 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
  • Options
    Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,495
    _rebekka_ wrote:

I totally believe you but I'm still holding out hope that he couldn't say anything about it yet..