Comments

• Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    homer-simpson-working-from-home.png
  • Options
    kw18 wrote:
    Nice! Hello, extra 5 minutes of sleep ... :D

You get your bike yet? No waiting for a bus or train that way ...

no bike yet. walked past a garage sale last weekend while i was walking the dog, didn't have my wallet on me and there was one for sale for $25. dropped the dog off at home and ran back and it was gone. :fp:

should have told the guy to put it off to the side for me. lesson learned. i'm going to try and make it to one of the bike stores you recommended this weekend, but after seeing a $25 price tag at a garage sale, i might just wait for more of those to pop up as the weather gets nicer.
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    rival. wrote:
    HAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHA
  • Options
    kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    rival. wrote:

:lol:

With access to a full kitchen downstairs, I fear I could very well start looking like that!
    rival. wrote:
    kw18 wrote:
    Nice! Hello, extra 5 minutes of sleep ... :D

You get your bike yet? No waiting for a bus or train that way ...

no bike yet. walked past a garage sale last weekend while i was walking the dog, didn't have my wallet on me and there was one for sale for $25. dropped the dog off at home and ran back and it was gone. :fp:

should have told the guy to put it off to the side for me. lesson learned. i'm going to try and make it to one of the bike stores you recommended this weekend, but after seeing a $25 price tag at a garage sale, i might just wait for more of those to pop up as the weather gets nicer.

Yikes. Yeah, $25 for a bike is a crazy good deal. But there are always tons of garage sales in Logan Square, so here's hoping you could find something soon ...
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    Casual Friday at the home office = pants-less Friday.

8-)
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Working from home is the best. I seriously don't know how people can tolerate going to an office everyday.

I love my job.
  • Options
    this week has absolutely sucked ass

worked 6:30am - 10pm last night
    had a 7:30 conference call this morning (Which I woke up at 7:20 for)

Soundgarden Tonight!!!!
  • Options
    I think I might harness my mouse to my dog and head out for the afternoon.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,260
    I was on the road the last couple of days. I have nothing scheduled the rest of the week.
    Working from home is the BEST! :thumbup:
  • Options
    LloydXmas wrote:
    I think I might harness my mouse to my dog and head out for the afternoon.

This could also work: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OkKhkJiJyo
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    kw18 wrote:
    Starting on Tuesday, I'll be working from home.

I'm trading in a world of cubicles, beige walls, traffic jams and annoying coworkers for a world of spacious rooms with views, colorful décors, 10-yard commutes and lapcats.

I’m not sure what I’m most excited about: sleeping in or working in my boxers. :think:

Anyone else out there working from home?

Don't know how I missed this thread. I'm currently working from home 4 days a week and I love it!! :D
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:
    kw18 wrote:
    Starting on Tuesday, I'll be working from home.

I'm trading in a world of cubicles, beige walls, traffic jams and annoying coworkers for a world of spacious rooms with views, colorful décors, 10-yard commutes and lapcats.

I’m not sure what I’m most excited about: sleeping in or working in my boxers. :think:

Anyone else out there working from home?

Don't know how I missed this thread. I'm currently working from home 4 days a week and I love it!! :D

Nice! :thumbup:
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    last week one of my good friends from home just went back to working in an office environment after working at home for four years.

i asked him how his first week was and didn't hear back from him :lol:

i think he misses playing mario kart during his lunch break.
  • Options
    rival. wrote:
    last week one of my good friends from home just went back to working in an office environment after working at home for four years.

i asked him how his first week was and didn't hear back from him :lol:

i think he misses playing mario kart during his lunch break.

Poor guy.

But, Mario Kart lunch breaks, you say ... :think:
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    Internet was down at home so I had to come into the office today. :(
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:
    Internet was down at home so I had to come into the office today. :(

Ouch. That sucks. My home internet and phone has been real unreliable the three weeks or so, but I just neglected to inform my boss. :lol:
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Funny seeing all the people on FB counting down how much time before they can leave their prisons...I mean offices. Wife and I came to the shore last night...no traffic. Knocked out some conf calls and emails this am...put the beer on ice. planned what we are throwing on the grill. Just another tough day of work.

think I'm gonna take a nap. :D
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    Funny seeing all the people on FB counting down how much time before they can leave their prisons...I mean offices. Wife and I came to the shore last night...no traffic. Knocked out some conf calls and emails this am...put the beer on ice. planned what we are throwing on the grill. Just another tough day of work.

think I'm gonna take a nap. :D
    :clap:

Same here.

Taking care of some last minute things and Packing for the weekend. Nice and relaxing
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Mr. RK does when he can. He says he does get more work done since he doesn't have interruptions from others.

I gave up my art room so he could have a home office... :x

That's funny... the girl I'm living with right now has an art room.

I call it the storage room.
  • Options
    Getting a bit warm in the office today.

:think:

Yep, there go the pants.
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    kw18 wrote:

Yep, there go the pants.

i'll go ahead and say it....

pix?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    81 wrote:
    kw18 wrote:

Yep, there go the pants.

i'll go ahead and say it....

pix?

luckily I don't need pix...I can just picture it in my mind...or better yet...I could just head home now... :think:
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    :shock:
  • Options
    Coffee, Eggs, Dan Patrick on the TV in the background. Nice Little Friday
  • Options
    Have to go into the office today. :fp: Luckily, I just have to go in for a few hours..think I'll roll out of here at around 10:30. 8-)
  • Options
    My employer holds all-staff meetings every month. They go for 1.5 hours, and they're pretty unbearable. But now, working at home, I'm at the meeting via conference call instead of in-person.

Downside: I still have to attend the meeting. :(

Upside: I get to f-- around on the internet during the meeting, which was previously impossible. :D
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,879
    kw18 wrote:
    My employer holds all-staff meetings every month. They go for 1.5 hours, and they're pretty unbearable. But now, working at home, I'm at the meeting via conference call instead of in-person.

Upside: I get to f-- around on the internet during the meeting, which was previously impossible. :D
    Fascinating.

:P
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    kw18 wrote:

Just throw it on mute and take a nap.
  • Options
    LloydXmas wrote:
    kw18 wrote:

Just throw it on mute and take a nap.

It's on mute, for sure. But knowing my boss, she'll ask me specific questions about what was brought up in the meeting to ensure I was paying attention. :roll:
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    Remote training today. Started at the half hour, so of course five minutes later people are still joining. :fp:

Here's hoping I can keep this thing on mute the entire time without any interaction. I hate that. :lol:
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."