Options

message pit buttons

decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
edited August 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
hereya go . . .

message pit touring buttons!

here is the link to ONLY message pit buttons, ready for sale.
using the term 'message pit' has been OKed by the 10c, so it's all good. :)

http://www.cafepress.com/decides2dream

go there and you can order one, or a 10 pack.

so our *unofficial* offical message pit buttons...hope to find/meet many you out on tour, in italy, and future tours..with our little buttons. :D

started this all on the porch, good response/interest...

anyhoo....all came about b/c wanted something small, yet identifiable to those here...so that fellow boardies can meet each other out on tour...at shows, meet-ups, whatever. all about bringing our cyber pj community together out on the tour. i for one hope to bump into a few people roaming the cities in italy....:cool:

fyi - the only people who make any profit off of this is cafe press, for hosting, manufacturing, processing and shipping said buttons. if you were to 'create your own' on this site...the price would be exactly the same.

for international orders...not sure how long shipping is...but a few have already ordered and for europe, a 10 pack of buttons, with shipping, came out to $14.99 US, or roughly 10 quid according to Evolutionary. for canucks, an order of 4 pins with shipping came out to be about $8.65 US i think...so roughly $10 CD. just to give you ideas on costs for those of you outside the US.
Stay with me...
Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Still no word huh? Oh well, I already ordered the message pit ones. I like them. Thanks again for all your work. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    wolfbear wrote:
    Still no word huh? Oh well, I already ordered the message pit ones. I like them. Thanks again for all your work. :)

yea, still waiting. i want to send them direct links to the buttons, but of course cafe press os down for maintanence at the moment. :p haha. want to be able to check the links are correct/work first. haha. anyway, there is another fun one jams designed which definitely would be a-ok.....it's "it's fuckin' europe baby!" or something like that. :p so once cafe press is up and running again...i'll post a link to that one. however, yes, i'd REALLY like to see the crossboards button in partcular, but even the 10c buttons, just sooo nice! so i will try once more with them later. but yes, i am happy that - thus far - the 'message pit' pins are a-ok. :)

official word just in:

Please do not use Ten Club or Pearl Jam on your buttons, but using the words Message Pit will probably be ok.

Thanks,

Ten Club staff

so the 'message pit' pins are IT. :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    just one *bump* to say...hope to meet many of you out on the tour road, and the thread dedicated to this is a sticky now on the porch, and international orders can/will be sent, according to a UK member who ordered, within 14 business days...so if you get your orders in now, you should be able to have it in time for most of the eurotour and beyond. anyhoo..for real discussion, check the sticky on the porch...but surer the link is the same here as the porch...and look forward to meeting many fans out on the road.

right now, i look forward to meeting as many fans from the board in italy!
    i hope these little buttons help all to meet fans at ALL the shows thruout the world. :cool:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Again, good work! We just got our cell and car, the last of the "to do" things we had. I'll be sure and send you the cell# when we get it. Getting REAL excited now. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    wolfbear wrote:
    Again, good work! We just got our cell and car, the last of the "to do" things we had. I'll be sure and send you the cell# when we get it. Getting REAL excited now. :)

thank you, and excellent! i am really starting to get excited. :D haha.
    and yes, *bump*...cmon, it's not too late...get your buttons for the eurotour and beyond...they will be very handy for finding friends old and new alike! :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    chinobaezachinobaeza Santiago Posts: 2,489
    this is a great idea...
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,880
    im surprised they're being sold already.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    Seems like a cool idea..

Cheers
  • Options
    nothingman44nothingman44 Posts: 1,495
    i still think it is easier and much more cost-effective to just go up to someone and say hi...

but my word has never carried much weight around here, so have fun with your buttons.
  • Options
    *bump* for another eurotour! :D

btw - for nothingman, this is the reason *why* :

been discussing with friends how frustrating is it at times, to be at shows...or at meet-up spots...and you still don't 'meet' anyone, b/c you don't know who is from here or not. a small button that one could wear, very discreet....most wouldn't even know what it's about...but i know i would feel infinitely more comfortable approaching someone and saying hi if i saw them wearing such a thing. then i would 'know' they are from here. it's all about bringing together people from our small cyber community here, out on the road, on tour, during pj shows, meet-ups, etc.

i have no problem saying hi to people...but if i don't even KNOW you out on the street...i asm not simply going up to random people fopr no reason. however, if one is wearing the button/badge...i'd immediately know they are from *here*..instant convo starter, just like a pj t-shirt, but even better since i'd know they are a boardie. that's all. :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    just an idea-if anyone in u.k. gets a ten pack of pins give me pm and i will buy a couple off of you for a few £ more than they cost
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    i think i'll be doing my own ones again and giving them away for free in London..

(astoria underground logo was mine but Pinon got the badges done and Dublin badges i just gave out in the pub beforehand)

good idea this though
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    i think i'll be doing my own ones again and giving them away for free in London..

(astoria underground logo was mine but Pinon got the badges done and Dublin badges i just gave out in the pub beforehand)

good idea this though

:D
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    redrock wrote:
    :D

;)

:p
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    I got one as part of my Secret Santa. Although, most people probably know what I looks like anyway. ;)
  • Options
    wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    I love this idea!
    My PJ tour badge collection is growing. I care more about these little buttons than the official poster! :eek: :D
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • Options

good idea this though

excellent. must reserve one for me! :)
    however, the 'message pit' badges, as you like to call em over there...are kinda like a 'universal symbol' for all to recognize, now and on future tours. thus why they are so simple.

and yea, they really aren't too pricey either, especially if you buy a ten pack and share. i've given more than my fair share away to many jammers...but yea....can't give em to everyone, i need some $$$ to save for pj shows, travel, and sure...real life too. :p

scratchin a letter....i don't know what you look like!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    Great Idea Dreams!!

Us Aussie's did the same thing for our tour.....except ours had lifewasted on them. Named after our beloved "Lifewasted" Forum :)
    A couple of guys started up our own Aussie version of the Message Pit a while back before the tour. One of the lovely fellows decided to design a Button so that at all the shows people could recognise fellow lifewasted and Pit peeps. Unfortunately, i didnt get to go but im pretty sure it worked great and it was also everyones little piece of memo, specifically for us....very cool :)
    http://www.lifewasted.net/badgetemplate3.gif
    he who forgets will be destined to remember