As I watched the water pour into my basement this morning.

2»

Comments

• SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,424
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_LbMJjDPyQ

There were cars stuck on 290 yesterday, for 5 hours.

:shock: :shock: :shock:
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206

So sorry to read about this and you will have a long weekend of cleaning...

Did you call your insurance company ??. Some of the damage may be covered under your plan. Keep us posted.
    ********************************************************************************************* image
    mikalina wrote:

So sorry to read about this and you will have a long weekend of cleaning...

Did you call your insurance company ??. Some of the damage may be covered under your plan. Keep us posted.
    Im fine, we didnt lose anything, really.
    As the water poured in, we bailed it right out. :P
    We were able to keep it in check.
    Others obviously were not so lucky.
    But yeah, we have some cleaning up to do.
  • kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    Sounds like you got lucky. Well, about as lucky as someone whose basement flooded can be. :lol:

A couple years ago, my brother's basement flooded about a foot. He had this faux hardwood floor vinyl as flooring, as we had to peel that up, take it out of the house, bleech it, then put it back down. What a PIA. :fp:

Oh, and since he had recently bought a new house and was planning on selling this place, he dropped his insurance so it was all out of pocket. :fp:
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
    kw18 wrote:
    Sounds like you got lucky. Well, about as lucky as someone whose basement flooded can be. :lol:

A couple years ago, my brother's basement flooded about a foot. He had this faux hardwood floor vinyl as flooring, as we had to peel that up, take it out of the house, bleech it, then put it back down. What a PIA. :fp:

Oh, and since he had recently bought a new house and was planning on selling this place, he dropped his insurance so it was all out of pocket. :fp:
    So Kathy says to me this morning..Since you are running around being Mr. Fix it the last 2 days, how about finally changing the lightbulb in the bathroom(light has been out maybe 5 days).

So I go to pull off the fixture and sure as shit...the fixture is filled with water!!! FUCK!!!!
    Then I realized(At least I hope) after going up in the attic, that the water is coming through the conduit. There is no other damage to drywall or any signs of seepage anywhere.

I can get the conduit taken care of.
    A new roof? FUCK THAT!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Well the lightbulb is in. And the house is still standing. :lol::lol::lol:
  • kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    kw18 wrote:

So Kathy says to me this morning..Since you are running around being Mr. Fix it the last 2 days, how about finally changing the lightbulb in the bathroom(light has been out maybe 5 days).

So I go to pull off the fixture and sure as shit...the fixture is filled with water!!! FUCK!!!!
    Then I realized(At least I hope) after going up in the attic, that the water is coming through the conduit. There is no other damage to drywall or any signs of seepage anywhere.

I find it hard to believe your lights upstairs were only out for five days. ;)
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
    kw18 wrote:
    kw18 wrote:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    kw18 wrote:

Speedy.........Your "lights" have been out "upstairs" for as long as I have known you ;) .

Glad your house survived :clap:
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
    kw18 wrote:

Speedy.........Your "lights" have been out "upstairs" for as long as I have known you ;) .

Well, its still standing.
    But for how long? I dont know.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    kw18 wrote:

Well, its still standing.
    But for how long? I dont know.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Laying conduit and pitching tents... you're the MAN.