Options

a huge thank you TO europe!

decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
edited July 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
once again, i had the great pleasure of catching a few shows in europe...and what amazing times!

every time i travel to see pearl jam, it just gets better and better! seeing pj in europe is doubly good for me b/c it combines my fave band with places i adore visiting, revisiting, or checking out for the first time. also fantastic to see old friends, meet new ones...although i always still manage to miss out on some folks...but there's always next time!

anyhoo..,....BIG shoutout to redrock and obi once...thank you both soooooo much for your amazing hospitality....to my ever lovely babs for hospitality and my fave travel/show companion....m'dear civ....great fun....and to ALL who i met along my travels/tour this time around! it has been amazing as ever sharing shows, drinks, meals, stories, etc.....with so many amazing people/fans along the way. i just got home yesterday evening after 15 days abroad, and ALL was simply fantastic...so thank you all for making it so wonderful and memorable! hope to see you all again soon!

btw - i will evenutally get my pics up on the computer so sure to share/post some highlights once i get around to it. :)
Stay with me...
Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Glad to hear you had a great time - I knew you would! We did too. Can't wait for your pics. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    wolfbear wrote:
    Glad to hear you had a great time - I knew you would! We did too. Can't wait for your pics. :)

:D

i have some GREAT shots, especially from dusseldorf!
    AND i caught 2 picks, one from mikey and one from jeff that night too!
    beyond that....just great, great times....all 3 shows...AND all the travel and friends....LOVED it!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    :D

i have some GREAT shots, especially from dusseldorf!
    AND i caught 2 picks, one from mikey and one from jeff that night too!
    beyond that....just great, great times....all 3 shows...AND all the travel and friends....LOVED it!

alaways love to share w/ ur joy

i was expecting u back GLAD IT WA S AWESOME
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    ah, glad you had a great time...very jealous....:D
  • Options
    mr. dream especially loves the pic of me with 3 6ft + dutchmen. :D hahahahaha.

seriously, just GREAT times all the way around! excellent shows, excellent people, places, travel, food, smoke ;).....BRILLIANT!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965

seriously, just GREAT times all the way around! excellent shows, excellent people, places, travel, food, smoke ;).....BRILLIANT!
    Same here, well only one show. :( But had a great time exploring Germany. LOVED it! Met some great Scot's on this trip as well (remember Verona?). I'm thinking our next trip is to Scotland. :) Hint, hint PJ! :D
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    ScotInAmsterdamScotInAmsterdam Posts: 1,004
    wolfbear wrote:
    Same here, well only one show. :( But had a great time exploring Germany. LOVED it! Met some great Scot's on this trip as well (remember Verona?). I'm thinking our next trip is to Scotland. :) Hint, hint PJ! :D

PJ are verrrrrrrrrrry due to play in Scotland. The main problem I see is that we don't have great venues. Bands tend to have the option of somewhere small, or somewhere really big. We lack inbetween places. I think it would be really really nice if they played a non-traditional venue like Stirling Castle:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34156713@N00/378383988/

REM and Bob Dylan have both done it.

Remember.... you don't have to wait for Pearl Jam to visit Scotland :)

Glad you got home safe Maria!
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    heyyyy
    well it was was very lovely to finaly meet you ! :D thanks for your help in getting us home safely !! hahaha
    lets do it all again some time ;) XXXXXX
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    wolfbear wrote:
    Met some great Scot's on this trip as well (remember Verona?). I'm thinking our next trip is to Scotland. :) Hint, hint PJ! :D

i'm with you on that :D

glad you had a good time D2D. :):)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    It was awesome to meet you. and glad you had a great time in our continent. :)
    See you on the next tour. :D
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Twas brilliant seeing ya again :) see ya in a few weeks!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    once again, i had the great pleasure of catching a few shows in europe...and what amazing times!

every time i travel to see pearl jam, it just gets better and better! seeing pj in europe is doubly good for me b/c it combines my fave band with places i adore visiting, revisiting, or checking out for the first time. also fantastic to see old friends, meet new ones...although i always still manage to miss out on some folks...but there's always next time!

anyhoo..,....BIG shoutout to redrock and obi once...thank you both soooooo much for your amazing hospitality....to my ever lovely babs for hospitality and my fave travel/show companion....m'dear civ....great fun....and to ALL who i met along my travels/tour this time around! it has been amazing as ever sharing shows, drinks, meals, stories, etc.....with so many amazing people/fans along the way. i just got home yesterday evening after 15 days abroad, and ALL was simply fantastic...so thank you all for making it so wonderful and memorable! hope to see you all again soon!

btw - i will evenutally get my pics up on the computer so sure to share/post some highlights once i get around to it. :)

It was great to meet you finally Dreamn!! :D
    I lost you and Obi after Dusseldorf, where did you go?! ;)

thanks Europe too!! I had the most amazing of times, wish I could have stayed for longer!
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    It was great meeting you D2D.. you're welcome here anytime! :D
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    ;)
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    civ_eng_girlciv_eng_girl Posts: 2,001
    hello d2d!!!

welcome back!! :D
    sounds like you had an amazing time on the rest of your trip... :)

bring on the pics of Dusseldorf, Dutchmen, and Disco-Jager bars!! ;):D:p
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • Options
    MirellaMirella Posts: 242
    Yeah, a pleasure to meet you again :). I hope we can (all :)) return the visit in the future! And so cool you were staying with someone else I'd only met online until Nijmegen. Nice people, good waiting company.

groetjes,
    Mirella :)
    Bugs mailinglist site: http://www.igotbugs.net/wiki
  • Options
    IamrebeccaIamrebecca Posts: 30

I second that.
    I met so many brilliant people on this tour.
    It was really nice. :)
    Becky
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Katowice, Poland - 13/06/07 -- Wembley, London - 18/06/07
    Dusseldorf, Germany - 21/06/07 -- Copenhagen, Denmark - 26/06/07
    Nijmegen, Holland - 28/06/07 -- Shepherds Bush, London - 11/08/09
    MEN, Manchester, England - 17/08/09 -- O2 London, London - 18/08/09
  • Options
    for the love of PJ, d2d! i need dusseldorf pics! :p

i have no record of it! i need to make sure it really happened... :o:D
  • Options
    KushikushunKushikushun Posts: 1,263
    Too bad we didnt meet d2d....even when we had three shows in common (Dusseldorf, Nijmegen and Werchter). Too bad I didnt meet some others here too!

I have put photos online from the three shows at: http://reducetosilence.blogspot.com

And also at: http://flickr.com/photos/kushikushun
    Why not be mediocre and be the best at it that you can be?
  • Options
    Obi OnceObi Once Posts: 918

aaahh yes the famous broodjes kroket! gotta love 'm ;) (at least you do after a liquid dinner) and smoke? I don't remember that..?

now for those pics, you have my mail address....

oh and formal, you were very welcome (but you already knew), good 2 read you had a good time, tho I assumed you did.. anyhooo bring on the US tour and see you soon!
    your light's reflected now
  • Options
    Obi Once wrote:
    aaahh yes the famous broodjes kroket! gotta love 'm ;) (at least you do after a liquid dinner) and smoke? I don't remember that..?

now for those pics, you have my mail address....

oh and formal, you were very welcome (but you already knew), good 2 read you had a good time, tho I assumed you did.. anyhooo bring on the US tour and see you soon!

:p

i was just discussing those with some coworkers today......yikes. ahhhhhhh, the evils/beauty of alcohol.......ha.

i haven't even uploaded my pics onto my computer just yet, maybe over the weekend. sunday was my only day off since home, and yea...i needed sleep! and to hang with hubby ;)...so yea.......been working since, lots going on with prep for the new job, etc....but i'll get to it, i promise!

kushi, i wanted to meet you too. :( ask obi, i kept pestering him to text you, etc....someday i hope!

and yea obi....time to cash in, pj and obi to NY! :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    kushi, i wanted to meet you too. :( ask obi, i kept pestering him to text you, etc....someday i hope!
    yea yea i kno i kno.. i was on the verge of texting and than the line started moving and than startled the hassle of the wristbands and by the time all was sorted the 1st act started, my bet.. :o

haha cash in, that's a way too look at it, for now cashing in would be my Msc and a job that opens the opp of traveling some more.. you arrange PJ I'll do my best to fly over! :)
  • Options
    Buru wrote:
    I lost you and Obi after Dusseldorf, where did you go?! ;)
    I thought we said our goodbye's at some point and parted ways?

And kushi those are some real nice photo's, thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    Obi Once wrote:
    I thought we said our goodbye's at some point and parted ways?

And kushi those are some real nice photo's, thanks for sharing!

We did? Haha
    That show was soooooooo goood.

Dreamn - I want to see pics of your trip too! Get to it! :D
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • Options
    Buru wrote:
    We did? Haha
    That show was soooooooo goood.
    I could be wrong tho, I was on an extreme after show rush myself too, I think I bought the entire lobby drinks... Ahh the feeling after (and during) a Pearl Jam show, pure bliss...
    Dreamn - I want to see pics of your trip too! Get to it! :D
    Yea Dreamn, get to it!! :D We want pictures, we want pictures!
  • Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    hey there! :)

I'm gutted I never got the chance to properly say goodbye. I was just wayyy too tired after the Dusseldorf show to go anywhere else but the hotel to get some sleep. :o

but I'm glad you had a good time, I mean, how could you not? with all the lovely people around AND Pearl Jam!? :D
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    Obi Once wrote:
    I could be wrong tho, I was on an extreme after show rush myself too, I think I bought the entire lobby drinks... Ahh the feeling after (and during) a Pearl Jam show, pure bliss...

Yea Dreamn, get to it!! :D We want pictures, we want pictures!

lol! you did buy to whole lobby drinks! and we were grateful :D

i think i gave you a sip of 'holy water' though... so we're even... ;):p:)
  • Options
    deserteddotsedeserteddotse Posts: 1,276
    Nice of you to stop by...
    You're more than welcome back...as long as you bring Pearl Jam with you...:)

Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the Universe...
  • Options
    i think i gave you a sip of 'holy water' though... so we're even... ;):p:)
    ahh yes the holy water! :o with all the excitement of the day it actually slipped my mind... might explain the enlightened guitar play as of late.. ;)
  • Options
    Obi Once wrote:
    ahh yes the holy water! :o with all the excitement of the day it actually slipped my mind... might explain the enlightened guitar play as of late.. ;)

ooh! enlightened guitar playing?? sweet... i should go try it out, and see if i can miraculously play more than the same 3 chords i knew before! ;)

now where is that dreamer with our pictures?? :mad: :D