Big Game Hunting

pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,049
edited April 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
I was reading a piece today on the plight currently facing the white rhino in South Africa.

came across this site, which sickeningly puts a price on any animals head including the rhino and features pictures of the sick scum that treat this as a fun hobby with their dead rhino....

take a look at where the majority of the 'clients' originate from.

http://www.africanskyhunting.co.za/testimonials.html

what is it with americans and guns and killing stuff for fun. Sure i know it happens everywhere, but whenever i come across this stuff it is always the same thing - american clients paying huge money to shoot and kill animals than dont even see it coming.

These people are vermin. absolutely vermin. It disgusts me more than I can ever articulate. I will never fathom the joy in ending a living creatures life, especially one that is threatened, simply for fun. It baffles me.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    When I was a kid, I shot a bird off the wires once with a BB gun for no good reason. I still fee pretty shitty about that one.

To go kill these Rhinos, I think it takes one fantastically fucked up dickhead. :evil:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,049
    When I was a kid, I shot a bird off the wires once with a BB gun for no good reason. I still fee pretty shitty about that one.

To go kill these Rhinos, I think it takes one fantastically fucked up dickhead. :evil:

and there seems to be no shortage of them either.

holding its head up for a fucking photo.

absolute cunts
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    two questions

are they endagered.....and what happens to the meat?

i have no problem if they are not endagered and they meat/hide etc are being used.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    two questions

are they endagered.....and what happens to the meat?

i have no problem if they are not endagered and they meat/hide etc are being used.

This is trophy hunting. They even offer taxidermist services in the package.

of course Rhinos are endangered, and this is killing for fun. Killing for fun really pisses me off.
    well in fairness....the rhino isn't on the list

http://www.africanskyhunting.co.za/pricelist.html

but yeah, not a big fan of trophy hunting...unless the animal is used for food....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

but yeah, not a big fan of trophy hunting...unless the animal is used for food....

well they clearly offer it,

http://www.africanskyhunting.co.za/trop ... nting.html

and a closer inspection of the site suggests the price to be $50,000-100,000
    if you require any more evidence that these people are capable of arranging this great 'thrill',

http://www.africanskyhunting.co.za/photo.html
    pdalowsky wrote:
    81 wrote:

well they clearly offer it,

http://www.africanskyhunting.co.za/trop ... nting.html

and a closer inspection of the site suggests the price to be $50,000-100,000

if it's deemed to have sufficient quantities to hunt, i'm cool with with it....so long as the carcus is used. it's no different than quail, deer, or rabbit hunting. or fishing for that matter.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    its not the numbers available im getting at.

its what goes through these strange brains that makes them think its a good idea to jump on a plane, pay a shit load of money, find an amazing creature, and blow its brains out for fun, that seriously disturbs me.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    81 wrote:

if it's deemed to have sufficient quantities to hunt, i'm cool with with it....so long as the carcus is used. it's no different than quail, deer, or rabbit hunting. or fishing for that matter.

if we could add people to that list, That'd be great!
    pdalowsky wrote:

its what goes through these strange brains that makes them think its a good idea to jump on a plane, pay a shit load of money, find an amazing creature, and blow its brains out for fun, that seriously disturbs me.

is it any different that jumping in your truck, heading to the woods and going deer hunting?

some people like to go to 100+ PJ concerts, some people like to hunt. i don't see the issue.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

i'm available to be hunted for $50M in US cash payable today, hunt begins on this date in 2050
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

i'm available to be hunted for $50M in US cash payable today, hunt begins on this date in 2050

you'll be too old then, where's the sport in that :fp:
    81 wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

is it any different that jumping in your truck, heading to the woods and going deer hunting?

some people like to go to 100+ PJ concerts, some people like to hunt. i don't see the issue.

did i say i was ok with that?

not one bit, especially when its done for fun.

Ok venison is generally eaten, so the hunting there isnt a total waste,

but the dudes that get a thrill out of ending even a deers life i find extremely troubling. At that moment that creature no longer exists, and that doesnt flag any emotional trigger at all. I find that a problem.

of course that meat finds a market so the animal didnt die in vain, but thats really not the point im making.
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    pdalowsky wrote:

and there seems to be no shortage of them either.

holding its head up for a fucking photo.

absolute cunts

You don't say
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    I think both those doing the hunting and those providing the means for it are scum.

(I don't believe they're all Americans though)
    hedonist wrote:
    I think both those doing the hunting and those providing the means for it are scum.

(I don't believe they're all Americans though)

oh im sure they arnt, but i would think the vast majority are,

American/Canadian or Russian.
  • pdalowsky wrote:
    81 wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

did i say i was ok with that?

not one bit, especially when its done for fun.

Ok venison is generally eaten, so the hunting there isnt a total waste,

but the dudes that get a thrill out of ending even a deers life i find extremely troubling. At that moment that creature no longer exists, and that doesnt flag any emotional trigger at all. I find that a problem.

of course that meat finds a market so the animal didnt die in vain, but thats really not the point im making.
    I one hundred percent agree that trophy hunting is a disturbing, mindless, evil act!!
    But to tell I should feel sorry for killing my food is insane!! Do you eat meat?!? Cause if you do,
    Perhaps you should look up slaughter house kills! I used to work got Tyson as a farm manager,
    I finally left because of the in humane conditions of all the animals involved!!
    I quickly took Back up my hunting, because there I know I can offer a clean, painless kill..
    I use everything, and only kill what I need.
    Again I totally get sick when I see people kill animals for sport!
    I one hundred percent agree that trophy hunting is a disturbing, mindless, evil act!!
    But to tell I should feel sorry for killing my food is insane!! Do you eat meat?!? Cause if you do,
    Perhaps you should look up slaughter house kills! I used to work got Tyson as a farm manager,
    I finally left because of the in humane conditions of all the animals involved!!
    I quickly took Back up my hunting, because there I know I can offer a clean, painless kill..
    I use everything, and only kill what I need.
    Again I totally get sick when I see people kill animals for sport!

sadly I do :( so really and accept a good deal of the hypocrisy label that is bound to follow.

However at no point did i suggest you should feel sorry for killing your food. I am just generally non understanding of the folk who genuinely get a kick out of killing things. These people are not exactly uncommon either. Sure some of them eat what they kill, but they also seem to enjoy the kill and i cannot reconcile that.

I'll be honest, if i had to kill my food i would never be able to eat meat again. Im a coward like that, i can eat meat killed for me, because i was raised on that diet and enjoy eating it and have certainly got a strong appetite and palate for it. I am only too aware of the horrendous conditions that exist in Uk slaughter houses too. Its actually upsetting to see. Only recently an undercover report was done at a uk slaughterhouse for cows and sheep. The guys working there were scum, they were kicking animals, abusing them, teasing them by shooting them with tasers in the balls, and laughing their heads off. Sick sick bastards. As a result i source my meat very carefully, and pay a premium. It wont make a difference, not one bit, but it eases my conscience slightly.

I dont have any issue with anyone who can kill their food though, i want to be clear on that, just i know i couldnt do it. The issue is with those who enjoy hunting, for thrill of the chase and the actual kill. That to be is beyond comprehension.