Never Name Your Kid...

2»

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    I advised a student name Fat Yung Ho once. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    RKCNDY wrote:
    http://www.linkedin.com/pub/michael-dickensheets/6/748/106

I did purchase a mattress from him when he worked at Sleep Country...glad to see he likes to work in the bedding industry given his name. (I have his biz card somewhere-had to keep it it was so funny)
    :lol:

Wow!
  • donnaruhldonnaruhl Posts: 2,157
    I was selling my son's jeep he wrecked,for part's.
    One day an Asian Woman came to my door and
    inquired about said jeep,She said she would relay info.
    to her husband and call me later.I asked to write her name down
    for reference. She replied,"Sum Chit" I'm sorry,but I worked
    really hard not to crack-up. "Excuse Me, What was the name again?"
    Sum Chit she replied. " Could you please spell that for me?"
    And the Chit saying's we came up with over that one. :D:lol:
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    edited April 2013
    this is one of my customers (pretty good- ordered 129 dozen brushes last fiscal year):
    http://www.healthgrades.com/dentist/dr- ... agot-2fr56

and he has no shame.

"david, this is dr. fagot, i need some toothbrushes."

gotta hand it to him for not changing his name.
    Post edited by davidtrios on
  • My Urologists name is Dr. Licht. True story.
    When I had to have my massive surgeries after my horse accident,
    The surgeon's name was Dr. Slaughter, the surgery tech 's
    Name was Niefe. Pronounced Knife! WTF?!?!
  • Ok so I HAVE TO tell you this story, cause this could NOT be made up..
    My older sister is sharing a house with these 18-23 year old morons
    In Mo. And this 19 yr old girl us trying to "attack" my 41 yr old sister
    On FB!! Which my sister, being an adult ignores her...
    I get on there and see the posts from this Amber Whitten Sipes
    Girl and I fucking bust out laughing!!!! Cause if you reverse the
    'W' and the 'S' her name is Amber Shitten Wipes!! I'm still laughing
    Over that !!
  • madtowndavemadtowndave Posts: 4,012
    My wife has always liked the name Tate. This weekend she realized that is sounds too much like taint....due to the fact that my buds and I always reference taint jokes/ comments. She no longer wants to name a kid Tate.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    I would never name my son Oskar or my daughter Astrid, even though I like both names. But Oskar can be shortened to Ossi and Astrid to Assi. In Germany, you are a Ossi if you are from Eastern Germany (east is "Ost" in German) and Assis are a-socials, lowlifes, people who live on welfare money and don't give a shit.
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    I have mentioned this before on the board.. My friend is a pilot and his first paying job was as a co-pilot for a plastic surgeon's private plane..

My friends last name is Faller

The pilot's last name... Downer

soooo.. you got Faller and Downer in the cockpit

have a nice flight! I swear, you cant make up better shit..
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • curlygirly9curlygirly9 Posts: 1,872
    Jason P wrote:
    Also, don't try to make a common name unique by spelling it differently. You are cursing your child to have re-spell their name to people hundreds of thousands of times over their lifetime.

This. I work at a daycare, and I swear every kid almost has an unusual name, or a common name spelled stupidly. We are in generation "name your kid dumb shit for attention" :fp:
    Rose Garden Arena - Nov 02, 2000, Key Arena - Oct 22, 2001, Key Arena - Dec 08, 2002, Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002, Clark County Amphitheater - Sep 26, 2009
  • Caveeze wrote:
    I have mentioned this before on the board.. My friend is a pilot and his first paying job was as a co-pilot for a plastic surgeon's private plane..

My friends last name is Faller

The pilot's last name... Downer

soooo.. you got Faller and Downer in the cockpit

have a nice flight! I swear, you cant make up better shit..
    Lmao that 's as good as Slaughter and Niefe!! Oh my god
    STILL laughing.
  • Jason P wrote:
    Also, don't try to make a common name unique by spelling it differently. You are cursing your child to have re-spell their name to people hundreds of thousands of times over their lifetime.

This. I work at a daycare, and I swear every kid almost has an unusual name, or a common name spelled stupidly. We are in generation "name your kid dumb shit for attention" :fp:
    I went for a third trimester check up with a friend.. And as my friend waited,
    We could hear the nurse and patient before her.. The nurse asked.,
    How's Pajama??? ( she pronounced it just like it reads.....),
    And that lady got all pissed!! She yelled; my daughter's name is
    "Paw jahmah!! Not pajama. All in the spelling !!
  • curlygirly9curlygirly9 Posts: 1,872
    Jason P wrote:

I went for a third trimester check up with a friend.. And as my friend waited,
    We could hear the nurse and patient before her.. The nurse asked.,
    How's Pajama??? ( she pronounced it just like it reads.....),
    And that lady got all pissed!! She yelled; my daughter's name is
    "Paw jahmah!! Not pajama. All in the spelling !!

Seriously! There are kids named Ekho, Xiana (pronounced Sienna :roll: ), Kasch (pronounced Cash :roll: ), Ema, tyree, Aeryn, (pronounced Erin :roll: ), Xoxia (pronounced Sosha :roll: ) etc. All in one building! Ridiculous. I'm not wanting to make fun of kids here, I love my job, but the parents... :nono:
    Rose Garden Arena - Nov 02, 2000, Key Arena - Oct 22, 2001, Key Arena - Dec 08, 2002, Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002, Clark County Amphitheater - Sep 26, 2009
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I advised a student name Fat Yung Ho once. :lol:

poor guy
  • madtowndavemadtowndave Posts: 4,012
    81 wrote:
    i'm not sure there is a smilie here that can possible portray my reaction to reading that.

so i'm just going to leave this thread and pretend i didn't see it.

:lol::lol::lol:
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
    Dear God, voidofman
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Drinking Bourbon
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    The weather prognosticator for the annual publication, The Old Farmer's Almanac is a dickhead.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Jason P wrote:

my name is Catherine...not a difficult name. I cant tell you how many times ive had to correct people with, that's with a 'c'. for some fucking unfathomable reason they automatically start spelling it with a K. they just assume and don't even ask. ive learnt to pre empt them.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    Jason P wrote:

my name is Catherine...not a difficult name. I cant tell you how many times ive had to correct people with, that's with a 'c'. for some fucking unfathomable reason they automatically start spelling it with a K. they just assume and don't even ask. ive learnt to pre empt them.

catefrances is a very unique spelling of catherine
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    rollings wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

catefrances is a very unique spelling of catherine

just as rollings is a very unique name for ones child. :roll:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    Jason P wrote:

My sister spells it with a C as well
  • I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Posts: 3,508
    I brought up Rocky again tonite and got "we're not naming the kid fucking Rocky"! Jeez... Pregnant women. :fp:
  • I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Posts: 3,508
    As I watch her eat out of a gallon container I yogurt. :lol:
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,868
    But [Astrid] can be shortened to Assi.

There will be the inevitable 'ass turd' issue as well
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg