______ is on my turntable right now.

Comments

• May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,643
    Loujoe said:
    I don't know kurt vile. I like the oddball cover. 
    Oddball cover, oddball music, oddball artist. He's good stuff. Imo modern day John Prine when it comes to lyrics. Check em out sometime!
    He is awesome!
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,607
    Ok. Dont know JP either. So much music so much time. Will tune in.
  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

Island Records 180 G 2013 reissue. I have recently acquired the Bryter Layter, Five Leaves Left, and Pink Moon Island reissues. Highly recommended.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,426

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    dogmatt said:
    mickeyrat said:
    MedozK said:
    Just for the hell of it I picked up a super cheap Ultrasonic cleaner on Amazon....and all I can say is WOW. Spent $165 for the Vevor Ultrasonic, it is a very industrial "not cool" looking unit, but wow. I am currently going through my Discogs collection of records I graded VG and 90% of them after a session are now VG+ and some are playing NM. It is actually incredible. I have had an Okki Nokki for a few years and all I can say is this thing gets rid of the crackle and pop from about 90% of the ones I have cleaned so far.

Now of course it will not help scratches, but if your record looks perfect but still plays with annoying noise... this thing fixes most. I have had some that still play with crackle, but I swear the fidelity is better, even on the really scratched up records.

I'm going to continue going through my collection and see how many G or VG records I can make play VG+ now.

Just as an example I had a great looking RL cut of Back in Black that played with noise during the opening of Hells Bells and it annoyed the piss out me.... but now it plays dead silent. Now I am sure you can spend a lot for other models.. Degritter, etc. but for $165 i am more than happy.
    @medozK
    any further impressions? looking at either this unit or the digital unit that accepts up to 6 records at s time.
    @mickeyrat  I'll chime in here.  I bought the Vevor Ultrasonic Digital about 2 weeks ago after watching some YouTubes.  It was only an extra $30 more with a coupon than the analog version.

This thing cleans really well.  Very happy with it.  I clean up to 7 records at a time using a cleaning solution I saw someone else using on youtube.

I was previously using a SpinClean to clean records, but what you ultimately realize is that the Vevor unit releases even more of the the grit, grime, dust in your record's grooves and really makes them play a grade or two higher.  The grime that collects at the bottom is amazing on records that I thought were 'clean' using the SpinClean.  So far, I've been cleaning my used records.  I haven't cleaned any new records yet.

I use the washing solution for about 5 cycles of 7 records before I change it out.  Easy setup.  No negatives so far.

temp and time for a cycle?

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14

• dogmattdogmatt Posts: 98
    mickeyrat said:
    dogmatt said:
    mickeyrat said:
    MedozK said:
    Just for the hell of it I picked up a super cheap Ultrasonic cleaner on Amazon....and all I can say is WOW. Spent $165 for the Vevor Ultrasonic, it is a very industrial "not cool" looking unit, but wow. I am currently going through my Discogs collection of records I graded VG and 90% of them after a session are now VG+ and some are playing NM. It is actually incredible. I have had an Okki Nokki for a few years and all I can say is this thing gets rid of the crackle and pop from about 90% of the ones I have cleaned so far.

Now of course it will not help scratches, but if your record looks perfect but still plays with annoying noise... this thing fixes most. I have had some that still play with crackle, but I swear the fidelity is better, even on the really scratched up records.

I'm going to continue going through my collection and see how many G or VG records I can make play VG+ now.

Just as an example I had a great looking RL cut of Back in Black that played with noise during the opening of Hells Bells and it annoyed the piss out me.... but now it plays dead silent. Now I am sure you can spend a lot for other models.. Degritter, etc. but for $165 i am more than happy.
    @medozK
    any further impressions? looking at either this unit or the digital unit that accepts up to 6 records at s time.
    @mickeyrat  I'll chime in here.  I bought the Vevor Ultrasonic Digital about 2 weeks ago after watching some YouTubes.  It was only an extra $30 more with a coupon than the analog version.

This thing cleans really well.  Very happy with it.  I clean up to 7 records at a time using a cleaning solution I saw someone else using on youtube.

I was previously using a SpinClean to clean records, but what you ultimately realize is that the Vevor unit releases even more of the the grit, grime, dust in your record's grooves and really makes them play a grade or two higher.  The grime that collects at the bottom is amazing on records that I thought were 'clean' using the SpinClean.  So far, I've been cleaning my used records.  I haven't cleaned any new records yet.

I use the washing solution for about 5 cycles of 7 records before I change it out.  Easy setup.  No negatives so far.

@mickeyrat  Did you get one?
    I ran with other user's suggestions.  Recommendations for temps run from 25C - 30C.  I landed at 28C (82F).
    Suggestions for time depend on how many records are loaded.  I tend to run full batches of 7 discs for 30 minutes total per other user's experience and it works really well with those settings.   The machine will adequately clean a single record in 5 minutes.   Of course, you can set the unit's parameters for time and temp for your own personal preferences based on trial and error.  ie. a really dirty single record with dust and fingerprints maybe gets 5-10 minutes at 30C...and then maybe gets cleaned again for good measure.
    I have been loving the results, and I have gone through a lot of distilled water. 
    dogmatt said:
    mickeyrat said:
    dogmatt said:
    mickeyrat said:
    MedozK said:

@medozK

@mickeyrat  Did you get one?
    I ran with other user's suggestions.  Recommendations for temps run from 25C - 30C.  I landed at 28C (82F).
    Suggestions for time depend on how many records are loaded.  I tend to run full batches of 7 discs for 30 minutes total per other user's experience and it works really well with those settings.   The machine will adequately clean a single record in 5 minutes.   Of course, you can set the unit's parameters for time and temp for your own personal preferences based on trial and error.  ie. a really dirty single record with dust and fingerprints maybe gets 5-10 minutes at 30C...and then maybe gets cleaned again for good measure.
    I have been loving the results, and I have gone through a lot of distilled water. 

I did. One of the spacers is offset so its an end use only. it reduces by one the number I will do at once. no biggy.
    not sure I like putting records past the smooth shaft onto the threads anyway, so wouldnt be doing a full set regardless.

considred straining the water through a coffee filter into its original jug and reusing?

have a couple early press Aerosmith records in eh shape. dull looking with surface markings. seems to have cleaned up pretty good.

am also noting which are warped to run through my vinyl flat......

11 records cleaned, 770ish to go!!!!

• ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    mickeyrat said:

on my list...

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018

Cromags Age of Quarrel 
    Bad Brains a few songs off Quickness
    Into
    Black Sabbath V4 side 1

edited April 2023
    An American Prayer. Sounds crisp so far through Awake.

• 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155

Great cover. I stared at that for hours as a kid wondering how Angus lived through it. Knew it was fake, but looks so real. 
    Circle Jerks. Gig
                into
                              B
                               L
                               I
                               Z.         of.    OZZ
                               Z
                                 A         
                                  R
                                  D

Love: Randy Rhodes
                              Ozzy         
                             SATAN          

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    edited April 2023
    IDLES - Crawler

Post edited by mfc2006 on
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • GB281198GB281198 Virginia Posts: 398

• garland09garland09 Posts: 830

Anyone with an extra $12 can get this on Walmart’s website.  It’s good stuff.  If you haven’t listened to the wood brothers check them out.
  • May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,643

mickeyrat said:

Sounds sooo fucking good.

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

Really having fomo on this one. Regret not picking it up.
    edited April 2023
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

thats ok. available on clear vinyl in the shop...... check your emails.....

Post edited by mickeyrat on

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

thats ok. available on clear vinyl in the shop...... check your emails.....

They were ready for me. Purchased as soon as I saw the email lol
  • Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,848

1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby