2»

Comments

• he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
    80eb1a46-7c1e-40ff-9292-2d4e012ff14a_zps4fe21be6.jpg
    96402f0b-6bfd-4b94-8ba6-f313abf3bda4_zps340174d7.jpg
    We were but stones your light made us stars
    dankind wrote:
    Man, what a trip. Boston was a cool city, could see myself going back to explore a little more. Did most of the freedom trail, toured Fenway, strolled through the Public Garden and Boston Common, had a few beers at Bukowskis, browsed at Newbury Comics. In hindsight I may have skipped Portland altogether. Highlights were the tours of Shipyard and Allagash Breweries (Allagash has some GREAT beers). Really wish I would have budgeted more time in Acadia National Park. It was one of the most beautiful places I've ever been. We did countless hikes and drove up to the top of Cadillac Mountain around 1am to check out the stars...my mind was completely blown. This is definitely a place I will be visiting many more times. Boothbay Harbor was a quaint little village and a perfect place to stop to relax a little after all our activity in Acadia. Had a lobster roll from Red's Eats in Wiscasset and it was worth every penny of the $17.
    Anyway, thanks again to everyone who posted some tips in this thread. I'll post a few pics once I get them uploaded.

Acadia is just the best. If I could find a job there other than selling T-Shirts, I would move to Bar Harbor like that.

Red's Eats lobster roll -- oh, man! Nom!

And I proposed to my wife after the "Leash" show (May 25, 2006) from the dirty floor of Bukowski Tavern. We were at the same booth where we had our first date nearly five and a half years before that show.
    Awesome :P
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,835
    dankind wrote:
    Man, what a trip. Boston was a cool city, could see myself going back to explore a little more. Did most of the freedom trail, toured Fenway, strolled through the Public Garden and Boston Common, had a few beers at Bukowskis, browsed at Newbury Comics. In hindsight I may have skipped Portland altogether. Highlights were the tours of Shipyard and Allagash Breweries (Allagash has some GREAT beers). Really wish I would have budgeted more time in Acadia National Park. It was one of the most beautiful places I've ever been. We did countless hikes and drove up to the top of Cadillac Mountain around 1am to check out the stars...my mind was completely blown. This is definitely a place I will be visiting many more times. Boothbay Harbor was a quaint little village and a perfect place to stop to relax a little after all our activity in Acadia. Had a lobster roll from Red's Eats in Wiscasset and it was worth every penny of the $17.
    Anyway, thanks again to everyone who posted some tips in this thread. I'll post a few pics once I get them uploaded.

Acadia is just the best. If I could find a job there other than selling T-Shirts, I would move to Bar Harbor like that.

Red's Eats lobster roll -- oh, man! Nom!

And I proposed to my wife after the "Leash" show (May 25, 2006) from the dirty floor of Bukowski Tavern. We were at the same booth where we had our first date nearly five and a half years before that show.
    Awesome :P

Great pics. I can't wait till the kids get a little older so that we can return to our favorite spot on Earth. Did you take a dip in Sand Beach after climbing the Beehive? That's some cold-ass water!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    I got ankle deep and that's a far as I would go! Beehive was so cool, really glad we mustered up the balls to do it 8-)
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    In hindsight I may have skipped Portland altogether.

tried to warn you :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    538da315-5e40-40ef-9056-7b8cb3c5a3b9_zpse0606372.jpg

now that look nice

i could sit there for an hour and just meditate
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg