Rutgers BBall Coach Abusing Players in Practice Video

pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,423
edited April 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/ ... rs-players

anyone see this yet? i love intense coaches but this just totally crosses the line. throwing balls at players, shoving them, personal insults including using a player's ethnicity against him. how the AD didn't fire him when 1st seeing this video is crazy. No way Rice survives this. The AD should be fired too.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    I wish someone would smack that coach upside the head as hard as they physically can. that would be awesome stuff. that coach is a piece of shit.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • jasonjason Posts: 468
    What a dick! Not cool to throw balls at your head (keep it clean!). As a kid, you don't fire back, but want to I am sure. I coach high school and you put your hands on them to demonstrate drills, or break up an arguement, not to make a point. I like that Eric Murdock stepped up and said this isn't right. Fire this guy or put him on his last string. No one deserves this during practice, especially kids not NBA players!
  • rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    He should be fired. He is a grown child and is an embarrassment to that university.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    and the team sucks. There has to be at least one kid that pushed back.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    chadwick wrote:
    I wish someone would smack that coach upside the head as hard as they physically can. that would be awesome stuff. that coach is a piece of shit.

did you do your laps today?
    www.myspace.com
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    Jason P wrote:

:lol:
    So, the AD saw this tape last year and only gave him a 3 day suspension. The AD is going to get fired or forced to quit as well, and he should. They also fired the guy who brought up that the coach was abusing players. He is suing. What a cluster fuck for Rice. The president may also be gone by the time all is said and done.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I guess the sensitivity classes weren't working :?
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    mike rice fired... :lol::lol::lol:

big-east-basketball-tournament-second-20130313-194853-750.jpg
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Jason P wrote:
    :lol::lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Jason P wrote:

:lol::lol: I'm shocked Cotton.
    mike rice fired... :lol::lol::lol:

big-east-basketball-tournament-second-20130313-194853-750.jpg

The AD is next. Coverups are always bad. The video or audio will ALWAYS get out.
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,424
    Yet, Steve Alford has a job?
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • i am not surprised at all.

having worked in division 1 athletics for 7 years at 2 different schools, i can attest that this is pretty common. not to this extent, but schools are willing to overlook a lot to have a winning program.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    i am not surprised at all.

having worked in division 1 athletics for 7 years at 2 different schools, i can attest that this is pretty common. not to this extent, but schools are willing to overlook a lot to have a winning program.

I think Penn State proved that.
  • i am not surprised at all.

I think Penn State proved that.
    no doubt.

so did indiana with bobby knight. he got away with that stuff for years.

in my experence of being part of the medical staff i can say that the basketball coaches were always the worst with regard to what you can call abuse. mostly verbal and mental, but yeah, they can be pretty bad. any time you have practices that are closed to the public, coaches can do whatever they want to whomever they want.

• JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    Wow, that guy is like a ticking time bomb.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    I know this guy crossed the line but where is the line? Can coaches still curse at players
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • JK_Livin wrote:
    I know this guy crossed the line but where is the line? Can coaches still curse at players
    sure they can curse at players. i think the line is when you start using racial slurs and negative terms for homosexuals. this guy apparently did those things.

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,196
    The coach got fired today now the sports director needs to step down he knew about this way back when it actually happened , fuck this coach i'm glad hi's out of a job and who will hire him ? no one !! .

Fucking sports coaches they all think they are untouchable ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    Got what he deserved. I played for some tough coaches, but this guy was over the line. You can cuss, grab a player and move them to a spot within reason, but the aggression and language this guy had was over the line.

I can't believe there are people defending his actions and saying that they've been through rougher coaches and implying that athletes now are too soft.

As legendarily hard as Bobby Knight was, I've never heard of him or his protoges taking things to the extreme that this guy did. If he was, how many other coaches are there out there that deserve what Rice got?

Far as Eric Murdock, I think his lawsuit has a sour grapes quality to it. Not saying he was wrong to do anything he did, but he wasn't fired like he's implied.If I was him I'd be glad to be outta that mess.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,423
    DewieCox wrote:
    Got what he deserved. I played for some tough coaches, but this guy was over the line. You can cuss, grab a player and move them to a spot within reason, but the aggression and language this guy had was over the line.

I can't believe there are people defending his actions and saying that they've been through rougher coaches and implying that athletes now are too soft.

As legendarily hard as Bobby Knight was, I've never heard of him or his protoges taking things to the extreme that this guy did. If he was, how many other coaches are there out there that deserve what Rice got?

Far as Eric Murdock, I think his lawsuit has a sour grapes quality to it. Not saying he was wrong to do anything he did, but he wasn't fired like he's implied.If I was him I'd be glad to be outta that mess.

I don't have any problems with coaches cursing at players but as anything it depends on the curses used and in what context. i had coaches in grade school and high school especially curse and it wasn't even remotely a big deal. Some of the context of Rice's curses as seen on the tape are just wrong though.

and Bobby Knight was on shown tape with a hand around a player's neck which was part of what was used to start the zero tolerance policy which led to his ouster at IU.

Murdock wanted a $1 million dollar settlement after he was fired not to show the tapes. Rutgers offered him $200k. So he's kind of a dick too.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    pjhawks wrote:
    and Bobby Knight was on shown tape with a hand around a player's neck which was part of what was used to start the zero tolerance policy which led to his ouster at IU.

I remember that for sure, and he has a long list of bogus behavior, but I've never heard of Knight making racial slurs or calling 10 year olds faggots.
    Video of Coach Knight "choking" Neil Reed. If he was choking him, I give him a 1/10 on form and style.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm3YFFjj5y8
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,917
    god, I'm tired of this story!!!!!! :x
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Looks like Rutgers will be keeping company w/ Penn State and Nebraska when they join the Big Ten
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    AD got fired
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    I don't think he crossed the line from what i saw, the guys there playing against are going to try and do alot worse to stop them from scoring.