2013 Pittsburgh Pirates - this is the year

8181 Posts: 58,276
edited July 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
or not. :fp:

at least we shouldn't be the worst team in the NL.
81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    They need to go back to the funny hats they used to wear.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    70-92 my guess
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276

new-era-postman-cap.jpg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    70-92 my guess

i think they will be better than that....as long as they don't have yet anouther second half meltdown. :fp:

neil walker going down just killed them. there is some talent on the team...just need it to hold up over the full season.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    So you're a Bucs fan and a Flyer fan?
    How does that work :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    81 wrote:

new-era-postman-cap.jpg

Yup. So odd.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)

i'm a fraud. :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    81 wrote:

You're a rebel dottie...

Dangerous stuff...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Would be great for the league but its the Nationals year to shine
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,822
    81 wrote:

and a Bears/Bulls fan too. 81 is all over the place! Although he has explained himself in the sports fan fraud thread.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,772
    81 wrote:

:lol:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    after the bad start, nice to see the Buc's are playing well. hopefully they can keep this up and we don't get anouther late season meltdown.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Buccos turned out to have a solid month
    So I'll be in Pittsburgh in September for the Bears-Steelers game. Pirates are in town as well. Thinking about checking out a game at PNC Park that weekend. It looks like a great stadium...is it worth checking out???
    So I'll be in Pittsburgh in September for the Bears-Steelers game. Pirates are in town as well. Thinking about checking out a game at PNC Park that weekend. It looks like a great stadium...is it worth checking out???

It is a very nice stadium

i've not been, but any time there is a broadcast from pittsburgh, the accouncers always rave.

i would defiantly go...but i'm also hoping to hit all the stadiums one day.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Posts: 3,508
    Well they looked stellar in the first inning tonight. But look who they're playing.
    81 wrote:

i've not been, but any time there is a broadcast from pittsburgh, the accouncers always rave.

Yeah, I'm definitely going to try and go. Already hit Houston this year and will be hitting SF later this summer. I think my count is at 13-14 ballparks now.
    81 wrote:

Yeah, I'm definitely going to try and go. Already hit Houston this year and will be hitting SF later this summer. I think my count is at 13-14 ballparks now.

you are going to love ATT park. that place is amazing. if you have the time, hit up oakland too. it's worth the visit, just a big circle of cement. they have good fans tho, so i have to give them credit.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    The division is wide open for pitt to make a move..They have a stud..pitching is respectable..they just need to hang in longer than the all star break..trade for some veterans and take a shot..
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
    Wma31394 wrote:
    The division is wide open for pitt to make a move..They have a stud..pitching is respectable..they just need to hang in longer than the all star break..trade for some veterans and take a shot..

neil walker's injury killed them last year. he makes the offense go.

pitching also needs to hold up.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    81 wrote:
    Wma31394 wrote:

neil walker's injury killed them last year. he makes the offense go.

pitching also needs to hold up.

Yea he started off smoking hot if I remember correctly...They arent hitting so their pitching must be doing well..tough to say early on with the cold weather games etc...pitchers have the advantage..
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
    Pedro putting on a hot corner fielding clinic this series.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    i'm telling you....they are going to get it done this year. no fuckin late season bullshit this time.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    I'm not sure how Grilli's arm does not fall off by July if they don't start winning some games by more than a run, or at least try and rest him.
    I'm not sure how Grilli's arm does not fall off by July if they don't start winning some games by more than a run, or at least try and rest him.

they did rest him in the last cubs series....after he tossed a 39 pitch save. :fp:

but yeah, they need to find some more offense. hopefully not at the trade deadline...that seemed to ruin things the last two years.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Posts: 3,508
    Needed a starter today, picked up Jeff Locke. I now have 3 Pirates on my roster. Blows my mind.
    took 2 out of 3 from the giants....

nice
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    split with the reds and swept the angles...on to seattle

Pedro has been on a tear...every time i look at his stats, his Avg keeps going up, and he's hitting with power. should crack close to 40, maybe even 45.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Just need the pitching to stay strong. And obviously for some guys to start hitting consistently. Burnett and Wandy and coming off the DL soon, and Cole looks like the real deal, at least through 3 games.